Check out the door decoration my wife made.

So in fact the group leader letter in your cabin you get when organize a M&G. Makes it very clear to make sure you let everyone know not to decorate doors :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

I just checked my Group Leader letters and none of them even mention door decorations. I've organized Meet & Greets on the Gem, Jewel, Star and most recently on the Dawn in December.

I always put the Cruise Critic magnetic greeting I made on our door. The only comments I have ever gotten about it from the crew or our butlers, is that it is cool. One of the people on our Dawn cruise also had magnetic signs made for us that I added to my own. Both are approximately 8 1/2" by 11" and are flat so they do not extend into the hallway.

I just checked my Group Leader letters and none of them even mention door decorations. I've organized Meet & Greets on the Gem, Jewel, Star and most recently on the Dawn in December.

I always put the Cruise Critic magnetic greeting I made on our door. The only comments I have ever gotten about it from the crew or our butlers, is that it is cool. One of the people on our Dawn cruise also had magnetic signs made for us that I added to my own. Both are approximately 8 1/2" by 11" and are flat so they do not extend into the hallway.

From last month:

letter3.pdf

That is really nice. One thing to keep in mind NCL has a policy of no door decorations. :mad:

Wow! Thank you so much for posting!

We have 4 cabins together and I loved doing our magnets on our other cruises and thought I would do the same for the Breakaway.

BUT, as I type I remember, last May my mother, daughter and I did a quick Sky cruise to try out NCL and it was my birthday weekend. My mother decorated my door and I saw many doors decorated. Has this changed? I would really like to know since I won't spend the money on the magnet paper if we can't do on the Breakaway.

Thanks so much!

The reason may likely be that decorations could be considered a fire hazard. I was really upset when a nursing home made me take down decorations. They told me that the doors are fire resistant, but paper would act as kindling.

After 3 seconds you can hit skip the add. It took her about 2 weeks to make it and it looked pretty cool and it now on our mantle at home.

How lovely! What a great job your wife did!

Btw we decorate our door on NCL with a car door magnet from vista print and it holds a photo collage.... Never had an issue, it just made finding or cabin a breeze.

That's interesting about the no door decorating policy. I'll never do that because I'm not crafty at all but I never would've thought it wasn't allowed. The fire hazard thing makes sense although so many things are fire hazards (as I learned from dating a fireman! He loved informing me of those random tidbits).

That is really nice. One thing to keep in mind NCL has a policy of no door decorations. :mad:

I have never heard this and I sail on NCL most of the time. I decorate my door as soon as I am able to get to my cabin. Here was my Halloween door

100_2274_zpsa3f3932c.jpg

Is it me or.... Are these things just ASKING for trouble? I'm a mature adult but when I was a teen- that thing would have been ripped off the door and replaced with someone else's room service card faster than you can say "juvenile hall". I was bad that way... Very bad! :rolleyes:

Is it me or.... Are these things just ASKING for trouble? I'm a mature adult but when I was a teen- that thing would have been ripped off the door and replaced with someone else's room service card faster than you can say "juvenile hall". I was bad that way... Very bad! :rolleyes:

It depends on if you're sailing during grade school/high school spring break! :D:eek:

Archived