My new shopping list.....I 'need'....

CheckersMidwest

I just need this vacation - leaving on Sat for Miami and sailing on Glory on Sunday. The weather has been crappy this year and work was exhausting - Jan and Feb,(my busiest time of the year.) I can't wait to get away from it all and relax!

Well last weekend I bought a new dress for my up coming cruise and ordered the shoes. They should be in sometime next week.

I bought DH a new sport jacket for Christmas this year and he just bought himself some new shoes.

We both just bought new hiking boots for the trip.

Oh lord I think the things we are buying are going to cost us almost as much as the cruise. Yikes. Shhhh dont tell DH

Well at my LOCAL thrift store aka Goodwill, 110 miles from my house, you will not find anything you would want to wear on a cruise dress wise. You may find some shorts possibly a shirt but no dresses.

Seriously I do need some pants to take and a raincoat.

... .... .... What do you need for your cruise?

Long lasting batteries for my digital camera. I just bought new walking shoes so that's it for me. Hubby needs new walking shorts and flip flops. That's it.

Well my cruise is still 7 months away but I did start planning and researching last year.

So far I've "needed" and bought:

a weather proof jacket

boots

a wine carrier

cross body bag for touring with the steel mesh inside

a travel safe - seems most hotels in Copenhagen do not have in room safes

I'm sure I'll want some new clothes and a pair of walking sneakers. And maybe a backpack to use as my "personal" item on the plane rather than a large hand bag.

Oh and foreign currency!

for my upcoming ta & 4 wk europe trip i "needed" rumrunners, a pedometer, a travel document wallet, inflatable hangers, wine - lots of wine - ncl let's you bring as many as you want - i will have 8 or 9 bottles for my 11 night ta!

Not sure what else i might "need"!

more wine!!!!

I'm seeking a pair of dressy heeled sandals (if you want to call them that). Something that has a small heel or wedged heel, brushed nickel and brushed gold, that I can wear with nice clothes, or that I can dress down. And yes they do make such a thing. I had a pair but we got a puppy this time last year and he chewed one of the braided straps almost in two! I'm afraid they may break while on vacation.

Since we're flying, I have to limit the heaviness of my shoes!!!:eek: Hoping to get it down to just three pairs. Closed toe shoe (sneaker), flip flops, and dressy.

Naughty Monkey just came out with some really cute neutral flats with metallic straps but for some reason, they made the very small heel a bright color, limiting what you can wear them with. I really wanted them til I noticed the heels all have a weird color like bright yellow or coral!

chocolate-01.jpg

I love these Teva Kokomo sandals - they were my sandals and pool shoes last cruise, and since I wear flats due to foot surgery years ago, these were my formal wear shoes, too. These will be packed for my Mediterranean cruise next month.

Now I'm looking for the perfect shoes that I can wear for traveling to the port of Civitavecchia, and can be worn for walking Meditrerranean cobblestone streets and double for gym shoes.

41D9aIPP4iL.jpg

If you have a Ross near you it's agreat source for dresses, shoes and suitcases. My DD and I have found many formal dressesbetween $20-$30 and sundresses for $10-$20. Lots of cute shoes/ sandals under&20. I have bought carryons both at Ross and Marshall's for $39.99 retail price was much higher. I don't ever pay full price if I can help it!

Well.....planning our cruise in May. I think we need new bigger carry on luggage. Ours is fairly old and small. If I get bigger carry ons, maybe I can eliminate one of the checked ones I have to pay for.

Of course, I'm not satisfied with my formal wear. Think I need a new dress.

Oh....and a new swimsuit. My teenage daughter needs a new swim suit too. (Really, she does, hers is wore out from last summer)

How about a couple new sundresses? For both of us.

Hmmm. It's a longer cruise, so my husband and college son could probably use one more pair of dress pants for dinner. Son has lots of dress shirt/tie combos, but husband could probably use another.

Not happy with the pictures from our last cruise. I would really like to have a better camera. Maybe a Nikon Rebel.

:):):):) Of course, I don't really 'need' any of these things. But it seems, one thing leads to another.

What do you need for your cruise?

My cruise is only 4 nights ... and not until August ... but I've already "needed" to buy a new suitcase, 2 new swimsuits, a coverup, a tote bag for carry-on & excursions, a cocktail dress, 2 new pair of shoes, 2 new purses, several tops, 2 new pairs of jeans, capris, an underwater camera (actually my daughter and I went in together on that ... she's going with me) ... and a variety of odds and ends. I love to shop! Can you tell? Of course, everything except the cocktail dress will get lots of use, so it's all good.

Besides, all this preparation keeps my excitement at an all time high!

I think the odds are that that body may be there, ... but someone else will be occupying it. lol

I almost spit my rum/coke on the screen ... that's scary ... what a waste of rum ... lol !!

:confused:

My cruise is only 4 nights ... and not until August ... but I've already "needed" to buy a new suitcase, 2 new swimsuits, a coverup, a tote bag for carry-on & excursions, a cocktail dress, 2 new pair of shoes, 2 new purses, several tops, 2 new pairs of jeans, capris, an underwater camera (actually my daughter and I went in together on that ... she's going with me) ... and a variety of odds and ends. I love to shop! Can you tell? Of course, everything except the cocktail dress will get lots of use, so it's all good.

Besides, all this preparation keeps my excitement at an all time high!

Funny! I also "needed" new shoes, coverup, dresses (bought 2, took 1 back), tops, makeup, and 2 bottles champagne (allowed). Also, I pick up things for hubby that he doesn't know he needs. I try to get a few new things for each cruise so our photos don't look like a time warp. :D

Cruising is a great reason to shop and shopping is a great diet booster for the cruise. So it's a win-win. :o

Archived