Would this work for the drink package...?

racnwdow

First off I am not trying to ripoff the cruise line, but...

My DH is a non-drinker. We are cruising with another couple who the DW is a non-drinker. We are thinking of switching who is rooming with who. At least on paper. I would room with the other DH and then we could both get the drink package. The other two would be quite happy with a pop package each.

The only draw back that I can see to this is that each of of ladies would not have a key to our own room. And we would have to make sure we do not use our cards to make any on ship purchases or the bill would go to the wrong account. We would not be sharing drinks with our significant others since they don't drink.

I welcome any input and am also guessing there will be some flaming.

You can have extra keys made at Guest Services. You can then each have your own key to your own room.

Add charging privileges to only one account in the room (the one to which you are actually staying) This would mean you would have to be with your significant other at all times when charging but you would ensure to have only your charges on the account.

When you set up your set sail passes, you can have each individual on a separate charge card. I did this last month when I cruised with my mother in law. As long as you do not plan to share the drinks with your spouse, I see no issue. It is unfortunate that they needed to make the rule requiring the entire cabin since many couples have one partner who is not a drinker.

Hi,

I just did something similar. We just got off the Oasis and I had the Premium package. My DW did not get it as she didn't feel like she would drink enough liquor and we brought 2 bottles of wine with us for her dinner. We had our teen kids with us so I got around the "everyone in the cabin must purchase the package" restriction by having one adult and one child in each cabin and buying the package online prior to boarding. They can't sell it to a minor. :)

Then when we boarded I just had the sea passes re-keyed to the correct rooms and we were set.

Admittedly, its a little different since we had both cabins charging to the same credit card, but the advice from the previous poster about charging authority should work.

You can also just ask for an "extra key" for each room. We did this as well, since we wanted a key to get into our kids' cabin.

First off I am not trying to ripoff the cruise line, but...

My DH is a non-drinker. We are cruising with another couple who the DW is a non-drinker. We are thinking of switching who is rooming with who. At least on paper. I would room with the other DH and then we could both get the drink package. The other two would be quite happy with a pop package each.

The only draw back that I can see to this is that each of of ladies would not have a key to our own room. And we would have to make sure we do not use our cards to make any on ship purchases or the bill would go to the wrong account. We would not be sharing drinks with our significant others since they don't drink.

I welcome any input and am also guessing there will be some flaming.

I am confused, didn't you just come off a cruise where you guys had the alcohol package?

I am confused, didn't you just come off a cruise where you guys had the alcohol package?

We did not, but many of our friends did. So I was able to answer the questions based on seeing their experiences with it. Since we prepaid our tips last trip our entire bill was $67 and that included dry cleaning a tux and two shirts. So I didn't drink much (that trip).

We did not, but many of our friends did. So I was able to answer the questions based on seeing their experiences with it. Since we prepaid our tips last trip our entire bill was $67 and that included dry cleaning a tux and two shirts. So I didn't drink much (that trip).

Gotcha, I knew I saw you answering lots of drink package questions and "assumed" it was because you had the package.:o

What you want to do should work, lots of people do the same thing so they can get C&A discounts on multiple cabins.

Archived