HAL 14 day Alaska cruise - It's Baaaccckk!!

Assateague Island Princes

:)Great news for fans of HAL's 14 day Alaska itinerary (a true 14 day itinerary w/no repeat ports) which includes Homer, Kodiak, and Anchorage along with all of the other usual suspects - and with visits to Tracy Arm and Hubbard Glacier, is back on the schedule for 2014. Woo-hoo!

Done it twice and looking forward to doing it again sometime. HAL - thanks for listening to our pleas!

:)Great news for fans of HAL's 14 day Alaska itinerary (a true 14 day itinerary w/no repeat ports) which includes Homer, Kodiak, and Anchorage along with all of the other usual suspects - and with visits to Tracy Arm and Hubbard Glacier, is back on the schedule for 2014. Woo-hoo!

Done it twice and looking forward to doing it again sometime. HAL - thanks for listening to our pleas!

Is this itinerary, with pricing, posted on HAL's website?

Yes, Italy, it is. Just did a dummy booking and it is all working. Someone on the HAL board just booked as a matter of fact!

Just went over to HAL to see pricing (did a dummy booking) and wasn't able to get any pricing information for a balcony cabin as none is listed.

Just went over to HAL to see pricing (did a dummy booking) and wasn't able to get any pricing information for a balcony cabin as none is listed.

HAL has changed their names of the balcony cabins. The regular balcony cabins are being called Vista Suites (A, B, BB, BC) and their Deluxe Suites are now being called Neptune Suites (as these are the suites that are eligible to use the Neptune Lounge).

I have to say this bums me out. My family is going for two weeks this summer and I would have much preferred this 14 cruise, but I cannot put it off to next summer. After we go this year we will probably not be going back in the near future. Oh well....

Yes -- HAL has just renamed all their balcony and verandah cabins.

Starting in April and going through May (2013), HAL is renaming some of the cabin Categories.

Thw Pennical Suite (PS) was formally called the Penthouse Suite

The Neptune Suites (S, SA, SB and SC) were formally called the Deluxe Verandah Suites.

The Neptune Spa Suites (SQ) were formally called the Deluxe Verandah Spa Suites.

The Signature Suites (SS, SY and SZ) were formally called the Superior Verandah Suites.

The Vista Suites (A, B, BA, BB and BC) were formally called the Verandah Suites.

The Vista Spa Suite (BQ) was formally called the Verandah Spa Suite.

Verndah (V, VA, VB, VC, VD, VE, VF, VH) were formally called the Deluxe Verandah Oceanview.

Verandah Spa (VQ) was formally called the Deluxe Verandah Oceanview Spa.

No change in name for these cabin categories: C,CA, CQ, D, DD, E, F, G, GG, H, HH, I, IA, J, K, L, M, MM, N.

I hope that I have gotten all the cabin categories for all the ships.

Good news, but I sure wish the itinerary included Glacier Bay rather than Tracy Arm. According to the itinerary map, HAL went back to sailing to the east of Vancouver Island going NB. This is a real plus!!! What a great itinerary. Sure wish we could go, but not sure that will be possible. To all who are going....have a great cruise!!!

Archived