All Things Adventure of the Seas

I haven't had a chance to go through this whole thread yet. We've sailed RCI 5 times, and are about to go on Freedom again in a month. Next year, I turn 50 and my husband agreed to a birthday cruise on AOS, and I'm very excited!

I have a few questions I hope you can answer. If they've already been answered somewhere here, I apologize. It will take me a while to go through 32 pages.

We are looking at a junior suite or grand suite. Does anyone have any pictures or suggestions? We love a great sea view from the balcony as opposed to seeing part of the ship. Since we've never sailed in a suite before, any info helps.

Do both grand suites and junior suites have the bigger, higher tables on the balcony?

Where do you stay when you fly in the day before?

Is there much of a language issue? I'll be honest, I can't hear. But, my husband will have to do the communicating and we were wondering about how difficult it will be the day before we sail and onboard.

Thanks!!

Where are you sailing from? San Juan?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I haven't had a chance to go through this whole thread yet. We've sailed RCI 5 times, and are about to go on Freedom again in a month. Next year, I turn 50 and my husband agreed to a birthday cruise on AOS, and I'm very excited!

I have a few questions I hope you can answer. If they've already been answered somewhere here, I apologize. It will take me a while to go through 32 pages.

We are looking at a junior suite or grand suite. Does anyone have any pictures or suggestions? We love a great sea view from the balcony as opposed to seeing part of the ship. Since we've never sailed in a suite before, any info helps.

Do both grand suites and junior suites have the bigger, higher tables on the balcony?

Is there much of a language issue? I'll be honest, I can't hear. But, my husband will have to do the communicating and we were wondering about how difficult it will be the day before we sail and onboard.

Thanks!!

We did not have a high table on our JS balcony on Adventure this past January.

We had no language issue at all in San Juan.

Thanks!!

Try here:

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/decks.php?ship=Adventure%20of%20the%20Seas

or

http://beyondships.com/AOS-Profile.html

or

http://voyager-class.com/index.html

Understanding of course that some of the material may be outdated:eek:

Thanks!!

Hi! Hope you have a great birthday cruise on the Adventure! First of all, if you are planning to spend a lot of time on the balcony, go with the Grand Suite, it is a beautiful room and you will also get full suite benefits. The JS doesn't get those, like the concierge lounge, which is a great perk.

Most people like to stay at the Condado area the day before the cruise and no need to worry about the language issue. :)

Thanks!!

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2018790&page=16

There are photographs on this thread have a peek.

Most of the people you meet will be bi lingual with perhaps Spanish as their first language. I take it you are talking about San Juan as your departure point. Most announcements on the ship will be in English followed by Spanish

Edited by Redrobo

Thanks, all. I'm pretty excited about this. We are going on cruise #6 in a month, and the cruise on Adventure will be #7. I am a planner by nature so I try to get as much information as I can.

I hear AOS had Giovanni's table, a family style Italian restaurant. By family style, I am thinking this means like Chops, where the sides are in a bowl to share between you and whoever else is in your party. So if my husband and I make reservations for two, there is just us, correct?

It looks like all grand suites are on deck 10. Junior suites are on 4 different decks. I will check the deck plans out more thoroughly.

Hi there we are going in june on aos and was wandering if someone could tell me what type of plugs are used on board are they american or european thanks

They will be like those found in the U.S. :)

Hi there we are going in june on aos and was wandering if someone could tell me what type of plugs are used on board are they american or european thanks

Two pin round plug, 110 volt with flat pin, 240 volt with round pin, you will need a travel adaptor if you have three pin Uk

plugs. The bathroom has dual twin pin for shavers 110 and 240 volt

I hear AOS had Giovanni's table, a family style Italian restaurant. By family style, I am thinking this means like Chops, where the sides are in a bowl to share between you and whoever else is in your party. So if my husband and I make reservations for two, there is just us, .

It had Portofino last year when we cruised on her, not sure if changing to GT was part of the recent refit. Yes, if you reserve for two it's just two.

Thanks, all. I'm pretty excited about this. We are going on cruise #6 in a month, and the cruise on Adventure will be #7. I am a planner by nature so I try to get as much information as I can.

I hear AOS had Giovanni's table, a family style Italian restaurant. By family style, I am thinking this means like Chops, where the sides are in a bowl to share between you and whoever else is in your party. So if my husband and I make reservations for two, there is just us, correct?

It looks like all grand suites are on deck 10. Junior suites are on 4 different decks. I will check the deck plans out more thoroughly.

Yes, Giovanni's Table is in place of Portofino and if you have a reservation for 2, it will just be yourselves. It is excellent, so good in fact we're going back again this evening.

All GS are on deck 10 mostly forward of the main elevators but we are in 1324 on the starboard hump.

Edited by peteukmcr

Thank you for posting those pictures. Is the balcony area a good size? I've been on Explorer twice in interior rooms, Majesty and Monarch in Oceanview, and Freedom in a balcony room. My upcoming cruise is also in a balcony room. I've been curious as to how the sizing of the balcony is in a suite compared to a balcony room.

Is it just me or is that really narrow? I'm wondering if that varies by location or if the are all like that.

Not that narrow, no narrower than other balcony cabins on Adventure, although due to being on the hump, it does narrow off towards the end where the big chairs are. Plenty of space for 2 though IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Peteukmcr,

I see roses in your pix. I must have misunderstood other threads as I thought RC was no longer selling flowers onboard.

No you are correct, I haven't seen a flower cart onboard, and I ordered these from gifts & gear before we sailed.

Thank you for posting all those wonderful pictures. I talked to my husband over the weekend, and he really like the idea of Adventure. We were going to book while onboard our next cruise, but decided to go ahead and do so now. The May BOGO sale is really good, and I just feel better about locking in to the great rate. If there is a price drop, I can always request the price drop as long as the final payment hasn't been made.

I've had some conflicting comments about the balcony credit for platinum members. I am not yet platinum, but will be after this coming cruise. I was told that if I wanted it applied, they'd re-book at whatever the going rate is at the time. A friend of mine said to call Crown and Anchor, and ask them to apply it to the existing reservation and they will do so. Either way, I have a great deal now so I'm happy.

I'm booked for grand suite 1584!