All Things Adventure of the Seas

I have a question regarding the shop at the port before you board. Can someone tell me do they have a good selection of wine and what brands have you bought there? Any information will be helpful. This will be my only chance to get wine and water to take on board. Thank you.

I have a question regarding the shop at the port before you board. Can someone tell me do they have a good selection of wine and what brands have you bought there? Any information will be helpful. This will be my only chance to get wine and water to take on board. Thank you.

I was wondering the same. I think our hotel is near a Walmart so I was wondering if it might be better to buy water and wine there before going to the port.

We didn't buy any to bring on from the shop at the pier however it was really busy. We had already bought bottles of water from little store by embassy suite and also some soda that isn't carried on the ship. We didn't see all of this selection last year but we will know for the future. I don't remember any prices tho. Too excited to see people from our thread and get on board..lol

I'm trying to book a tour in Aruba on the 4th of April, and I was asked do we get in at 8am ship time or island time (obviously, we're on AOS). Especially with all the daylight savings changes around this time of year, I didn't have a clue. Help??

San Juan and all of Adventure's ports of call are in the Atlantic time zone. There will be no time changes to worry about. And since you are sailing during daylight savings time, the time will also be the same in the Eastern time zone. The islands to not observe daylight savings time so when the Eastern zone moves the time ahead one hour it "catches up" to the Atlantic time zone.

I was wondering the same. I think our hotel is near a Walmart so I was wondering if it might be better to buy water and wine there before going to the port.

I ended up buying my 2 bottles of wine and some water at the port in San Juan. I thought the selection was satisfactory and the prices were good. If a certain brand/type of wine is important to you, maybe you want to purchase ahead of time, but we found the port very convenient.

Have a great trip.

San Juan and all of Adventure's ports of call are in the Atlantic time zone. There will be no time changes to worry about. And since you are sailing during daylight savings time, the time will also be the same in the Eastern time zone. The islands to not observe daylight savings time so when the Eastern zone moves the time ahead one hour it "catches up" to the Atlantic time zone.

Thanks OB!

Does anyone who has sailed recently know how much the Unlimited Photo Package is if you were to purchase onboard? Through the reservations link on RCL it's showing as $279 (just the digital images), but someone mentioned that there might be a Crown & Anchor coupon once onboard so I wasn't sure if it was more or less... or if I should just pull the trigger and buy it now.

(Sailing in less than 5 weeks)

I am dying of curiosity. What's the difference between the Cat. H and Cat. rooms on the Navigator class ships? They seem to be the same size, and they're mixed in together on Deck 2.

Any help or even a picture would really help. I'll be on Adventure in a Cat. I in April, the first time I'm trying Royal Caribbean!

Thank you!

Beth

Hi

I've just booked the Adventure for Sept 2014 so thought I would say Hi to everyone and check out this thread. At some point I will go through all the previous posts as we haven't been on the AoS before so will be looking for plenty of useful info :)

Pam

We just returned yesterday from our Trip on the AOS.....

1.TV...Lots of ESPN..E(entertainment mulitple languages) TnT and TBS, NBC...CNN and a few other international news stations.

2.Time is the same on the ship as in port..no worries.

3.we had a cord extender and a surge protector taken from us and given back on Sunday...(not and extension cord)

The Adventure was in great shape. WE have traveled on on her once before.I hope we get to do it again soon.

Angela

We didn't buy any to bring on from the shop at the pier however it was really busy. We had already bought bottles of water from little store by embassy suite and also some soda that isn't carried on the ship. We didn't see all of this selection last year but we will know for the future. I don't remember any prices tho. Too excited to see people from our thread and get on board..lol

We are staying at the Embassy Suites for a few days pre-cruise. Got a couple questions for you:

Did you like the hotel? Did you visit the beach? Is it a couple of blocks?

Can you tell me where the store is that you went to? Close by?

Thanks a bunch!!

~Anna

My wife and I are on the April Transatlantic cruise into Southampton and it will be our first Transatlantic and cruise aboard this ship! Looking forward to cruising on this ship.

I also would like to pick up some wine for the trip and as we are arriving the day of the cruise the closer to the ship the better. I have read that someone has stated that there is a duty free shop at the port....is that true?

Thanks in advance......Rick

I am dying of curiosity. What's the difference between the Cat. H and Cat. rooms on the Navigator class ships? They seem to be the same size, and they're mixed in together on Deck 2.

Any help or even a picture would really help. I'll be on Adventure in a Cat. I in April, the first time I'm trying Royal Caribbean!

Thank you!

Beth

The rooms are the same. However, RCI limits category I cabins to two people and category H cabins to up to 3 or 4 people. Pullman beds come down out of the ceiling and it is like having bunk beds in the cabin.

Is there a diamond lounge on AOS? My Voyager class experience is with Navigator and there's not one there...just wondering. Thanks!

No DL on Adventure yet. Planned for early 2014.

The rooms are the same. However, RCI limits category I cabins to two people and category H cabins to up to 3 or 4 people. Pullman beds come down out of the ceiling and it is like having bunk beds in the cabin.

Thank you! That cleared up the mystery! We're just two, so a Cat. I will be just fine.

Beth

We are staying at the Embassy Suites for a few days pre-cruise. Got a couple questions for you:

Did you like the hotel? Did you visit the beach? Is it a couple of blocks?

Can you tell me where the store is that you went to? Close by?

Thanks a bunch!!

~Anna

Hey Anna!

We enjoyed the Embassy Suites. it is a short walk to the beach and it is a beautiful beach. They have a concierge set up over there for your chairs and umbrella. We didn't get to use that as it was past five after we were told we could have enjoyed this earlier while waiting for our room. Breakfast was ok. Long lines and they were having a hard time keeping up with the filling..but we knew we would be eating again shortly on the ship so no biggie.

You can walk around to the right of the hotel and there is a grocery store back there. We went to a little store on the bottom level of a condo complex right out front of the resort. Very good prices and just what we needed! There is a Walgreens but it is further down the main street past the Hampton Inn.

Thank you! That cleared up the mystery! We're just two, so a Cat. I will be just fine.

Beth

I have stayed in Cat. I cabins on deck 2 on Adventure and other Voyager class ships. I love the location. Adventure uses deck 1 for gangways at its ports of call. When you come back to the ship from port you can walk past the lines waiting for the elevators, walk up one flight of stairs, and you are home.

I have stayed in Cat. I cabins on deck 2 on Adventure and other Voyager class ships. I love the location. Adventure uses deck 1 for gangways at its ports of call. When you come back to the ship from port you can walk past the lines waiting for the elevators, walk up one flight of stairs, and you are home.

ah hah!!!! well hopefully someday we will get to sail with you and Robyn!! She booked again on the Adventure for the 24th of Feb..

How was your Indy trip?

Does anyone who has sailed recently know how much the Unlimited Photo Package is if you were to purchase onboard? Through the reservations link on RCL it's showing as $279 (just the digital images), but someone mentioned that there might be a Crown & Anchor coupon once onboard so I wasn't sure if it was more or less... or if I should just pull the trigger and buy it now.

(Sailing in less than 5 weeks)

I had coupons for free pictures as I am diamond plus and I don't have my booklets to see what was left in them. I don't recall a discount for the package. If you were doing or planning on doing a lot of pictures you may save some money as the pics run about 19.99 each and some were 24.99 depending on the shot.

That's one of the reasons we chose that location. It's our first time on this ship, so I wanted a room I could find without too much troble. It's right by the aft elevator, so if I get lost i can just find the elevator. At worst I'll be at the wrong end of Deck 2 and have to walk back. ;)

Beth