things to NOT pack

ozarkmama

I laugh when I read the list of things to NOT bring on a cruise:

"martial arts weapons" As a black belt, does that mean I have to leave my hands and feet at home? :rolleyes:

I notice that whenever I have numchucks there is much less problem with the people stepping in front of me to board the elevator. :D

We took flameless candles on RCI Jewel last year to use as night lights in the cabin and ambience on the balcony. Our cabin balcony (cabin 9002, I believe) was within view of the bridge extension. Imagine our surprise as we were on the balcony enjoying a beverage with our flameless candle going and three men entered our room and opened the balcony door to advise us we were not permitted to have candles! Imagine their surprise as I stepped into the cabin and pulled the batteries out of the candle and layed them on the bed! Needless to say, we did not use them again on the balcony as to not cause angst for the crew!

We took flameless candles on RCI Jewel last year to use as night lights in the cabin and ambience on the balcony. Our cabin balcony (cabin 9002, I believe) was within view of the bridge extension. Imagine our surprise as we were on the balcony enjoying a beverage with our flameless candle going and three men entered our room and opened the balcony door to advise us we were not permitted to have candles! Imagine their surprise as I stepped into the cabin and pulled the batteries out of the candle and layed them on the bed! Needless to say, we did not use them again on the balcony as to not cause angst for the crew!

Wow!!! Good to know! :eek: We use them in the bathroom for a nightlight, but I'll keep that in my memory bank if I ever get the notion for ambiance on the balcony! I know there have been some bad fires that started on balconies.... usually from a cigarette tossed (not so much:rolleyes:) over board. I can see why they would frown upon anything resembling fire on a balcony!

I laugh when I see the lists of things your SHOULD bring.....crazy!!!

I remember when I first joined this site when I was going on my first cruise, reading those lists made me anxious. Then, after going on the cruise I realized that I didn't need any of those things listed. I mean is common sense you are going on vacation, you will need bathing suite, comfortable stuff, clothes for the night (special clothes for formal night). But I seriously didn't follow any of those lists and we were fine. :D:rolleyes:

Bring sunscreen. Any meds you might need. (Very expensive to buy on ship.) I get fever blisters when I'm in the sun a lot, so I bring that expensive tiny $17 tube of creme. (I forget the name).

Abreva. Great stuff. I always take it, too.

I had to laugh when someone in our Meet and Mingle group brought a "kitchen sink" on the ship from one of our port stops.

She was buiding a new house and found a beautiful Mexican sink and decided that is exactly what she needed for her new house.

I had to laugh when someone in our Meet and Mingle group brought a "kitchen sink" on the ship from one of our port stops.

She was buiding a new house and found a beautiful Mexican sink and decided that is exactly what she needed for her new house.

that is too funny!

My fists are mike Mike tyson's, lethal weapons. How will I eat?

"martial arts weapons" As a black belt, does that mean I have to leave my hands and feet at home? :rolleyes:

I so wish there was a like button for comments like this - that was awesome

• 2 weeks later...
Bring sunscreen. Any meds you might need. (Very expensive to buy on ship.) I get fever blisters when I'm in the sun a lot, so I bring that expensive tiny $17 tube of creme. (I forget the name).

We bought Acyclovir (sp?) in Aruba for $6. No prescription needed, no maximum. It works wonders for fever blisters. Apply about 6x per day and it completely arrests development. Decided to buy more in Cabo for future use.... same price, no rx/no maximum. I bought RetinA and Latisse for 1/3 the cost of US! Pharmacies manufacture in these areas due to low cost of labor. My DH is a physician, he gave the items a good look to check pharmaceutical company and packaging.

People were buying all kinds of stuff in Mexico including Xanex, Ambian, "little blue pills", etc. Cheap and no Rx needed for any of it. I had no problems in customs with the 3 items I bought. Don't know about those who bought many bottles of "controlled substances". Pharmacist suggested putting into bottles with rx label brought from home.

Took my elderly father(91) for his 1st cruise last year. He said to me a few days before we left that he would need to get another bag. I asked him what for? My dressing gown he answers because I will need it to go to the bathroom.

It was one of those big heavy hairy ones:eek:.

I did put him right!!!

Yes - either that or just leave your belt at home. Your choice.

Well darn! Guess we won't be bringing the Tiki torches to put out on the balcony.:rolleyes:

I did that on our last land vacation!

Archived