Jewel of the Seas Solarium crowds?

Possibly going to book Jewel of the Seas. Have it narrowed down to that or Enchantment. Leaning towards Jewel. Anyway, I am new to RC and I am curious about how crowded the solarium areas get. Pool decks always seem to be an issue so I was wondering about the same thing for the solarium? Thanks

Yes, on sea days the Solarium can get crowded of course. The same chair hogging goes on there, sadly. But it is a nice place to spend some time. There are other lovely areas as well so you are not restricted to the Solarium for some peace and quiet. I suggest the Champagne Bar and the Vortex (Viking Crown Lounge) during the day - wonderful. :)

We were on the Jewel in October. We went there every evening around 8 pm or 9pm. It was practically empty. Loved the hot tub!! So relaxing.

We didn't find it to be too crowded during the day.

When I was on Jewel it was my favorite place to curl up with a book, but apparently it was a business groups favorite place as well, and they took up a good portion of the solarium and were quite loud. After dinner and early morning, around 7am, became my favorite times to relax in the solarium. If you are looking for somewhere quiet other than the solarium, I would recommend the Safari Club, at the very back of the ship, you can sit with drink in hand and watch the wake!

• 11 months later...

So I tried googling my question and it linked me to this (year old :p) thread...still no answer though. Do they ever retract the roof on this area or is part of it uncovered? My DD wondered about sun bathing in this area.

Yes, on sea days the Solarium can get crowded of course. The same chair hogging goes on there, sadly. But it is a nice place to spend some time. There are other lovely areas as well so you are not restricted to the Solarium for some peace and quiet. I suggest the Champagne Bar and the Vortex (Viking Crown Lounge) during the day - wonderful. :)

Chair Hogs are finding it tougher to hold a lounger with only a towel due to the deck staff walking around collecting towels off of chairs. They no longer require to see your Sea Pass card when to get one from the staffed towel stand. Hooray!!

And, yes the Solarium does get crowded at times.