Brillance of the Seas

Has anyone been on this ship lately? I wondered how it is. We have been on the Serenade and most of the larger ships and know this is scheduled for dry dock soon. Would really like to do the Southern Caribbean now but not sure about this ship.

I was on the Brilliance Feb 9 to 16 and she was in good shape to me. All the public areas were clean and the carpet in excellent shape. our suite had some scratches on the walls and small amount of rust on the deck but it was it better shape than my home with 2 teenagers. While embarking in San Juan, one of the big white balls on top deck was being changed, husband said it was probably a satalite, maybe. The sports deck was closed while the work was being done. Don't let the ship stop you from So. Caribbean cruise, the ports are wonderful.

Was on the same cruise as volunteer and I agree with her accessment regarding BOS condition. If you really looked hard you might find a spot or two with the start of fraying carpet, normally on the leadind edge of a stair. Definitely not a deal breaker and I'd book her again in a minute. The only thing I would personally do different is avoid a room in the Centrum area. The location is fantastic but every night but one they blasted music till after midnight. That being said you can't beat the southern Caribbean on a Radiance class ship.

This is a general response....

RCCL maintains all their ships in excellent shape.

They are always painting, cleaning, polishing.

We have never been on an RCCL ship that seemed run down!

We were on for 2 weeks at Christmas. The ship was in good condition and we had a fantastic time.

We have sailed on her many times : we were on her maiden voyage & back last year for her 10th birthday ( eating birthday cake and singing happy birthday to Brilliance )

She is a great ship my personal favourite from the entire fleet:)

I am now looking for a Baltic cruise and one of the ships suggested is Brilliance. I wonder if a two British women in their fifties would fit in with the other passengers there. And also does it have nice restaurants? Thank you in advance for your advice!

I am now looking for a Baltic cruise and one of the ships suggested is Brilliance. I wonder if a two British women in their fifties would fit in with the other passengers there. And also does it have nice restaurants? Thank you in advance for your advice!

Yeah you would def fit in. It's going in for dry dock in May & we're booked on the first Baltic cruise after. We're just off its sister ship Serenade after dry dock & it was great. These are smaller ships but beautiful. A few new restaurants are being added during refurb, Giovannis, Rita's Cantina, Izumi, Ches Table & Park Cafe.

Yeah you would def fit in. It's going in for dry dock in May & we're booked on the first Baltic cruise after. We're just off its sister ship Serenade after dry dock & it was great. These are smaller ships but beautiful. A few new restaurants are being added during refurb, Giovannis, Rita's Cantina, Izumi, Ches Table & Park Cafe.

Thank you for encouraging me!

Hi! We were on the brilliance in 2008 and we have booked a cruise for july 2 to scandinavia and russia. We are a family with one child in our 50s from Australia and we are very much looking forward to our next cruise on Brilliance!

I think you will fit in well!

Hi! We were on the brilliance in 2008 and we have booked a cruise for july 2 to scandinavia and russia. We are a family with one child in our 50s from Australia and we are very much looking forward to our next cruise on Brilliance!

I think you will fit in well!

Thank you for the nice words! And have a happy trip!

• 6 months later...

Was just looking for old threads about the Brillance of the seas..."ran across this one and saw the pics of a cabin. Guess what.....it is the exact cabin we have booked....8088! Didn't realize it had the larger balcony. Was this pic before dry dock...was just curious if they have put the flat screen tvs in the cabins? Also do you remember if there was a cabin across the hall from you? The kids are booked in it ....8087. When I look at the deck plans do not see that cabin?? Thanx for ur help!!

Archived