Budget Friendly Seward to Anchorage

Arc12

What are a few of the more budget friendly Seward to Anchorage airport transfers? No limitations as to how long it takes to get there, and it could leave at any point in the day. Thanks!

Don't know what your budget is...but we love the cruise train transfer option ($102.00pp) a wonderful 126 mile trip (Seward to the Anchorage airport) narrated train trip that is the highlight of our cruise..will be using this option again in May.

Don't know what your budget is...but we love the cruise train transfer option ($102.00pp) a wonderful 126 mile trip (Seward to the Anchorage airport) narrated train trip that is the highlight of our cruise..will be using this option again in May.

With "budget" in the question, this option isn't. Besides a car rental/private taxi- it is the next most expensive. The regular run is $79, with the post not needing any specific time, would be a better choice.

The cruise contracted train leaves at 7am with 6am loading, and no possibility to enjoy Seward- which is a gem.

With "budget" in the question, this option isn't. Besides a car rental/private taxi- it is the next most expensive. The regular run is $79, with the post not needing any specific time, would be a better choice.

The cruise contracted train leaves at 7am with 6am loading, and no possibility to enjoy Seward- which is a gem.

And the reason I said "Don't know what your budget is" as everyones is different...Since we always have to fly home day of cruise end, we consider this train transfer an excursion and just offering the OP what they just might not have considered as an option.

And the reason I said "Don't know what your budget is" as everyones is different...Since we always have to fly home day of cruise end, we consider this train transfer an excursion and just offering the OP what they just might not have considered as an option.

Your right! Our job on Cruise Critic is to give all the options. Budget Queen,with all do respect maybe it's time for you to dial it back just a bit,you do know a lot about Alaska,but your delivery is sometimes "My way or the highway",and we are here to help and guide not dictate.

If we do plan to be around Seward, what could we do with our luggage for the day? I know we could drop it off at the train station if we were taking a train, but does the bus station offer similar storage options?

Also, are there any buses that leave later than 8-8:30? All I can see leave around that time...so I guess we might not really have to worry about dropping our luggage anywhere?

Maybe I'm somehow missing something, but I'm not sure.

Your right! Our job on Cruise Critic is to give all the options. Budget Queen,with all do respect maybe it's time for you to dial it back just a bit,you do know a lot about Alaska,but your delivery is sometimes "My way or the highway",and we are here to help and guide not dictate.

I take the questions at face value- which had budget in it. My explaination also presented this.

The "dial back" comment could go for a lot of people.

Also, are there any buses that leave later than 8-8:30? All I can see leave around that time...so I guess we might not really have to worry about dropping our luggage anywhere?

Maybe I'm somehow missing something, but I'm not sure.

Please clairfy? is this pm? There is no bus station. If you are taking a tour, they will hold your baggage.

What are your plans for the day? I also know that a particular taxi option including several stops- maybe Sealife Center, Exit Glacier, Seavy's Sled Dogs, etc, may hold your bags?

Figure out what you want to do, then it will be easier to suggest luggage storage.

Thank you so very much for your response...I agree completely...All options/experiences are always so helpful, if not to the OP then perhaps to someone else just researching :)

The Park Connection Bus has 2 departures per day 10:30am - 1:30pm and 6:30p-9:30p. www.alaskacoach.com

The regular run of the Alaska Railroad is 6p-10:15p

Even tho one-way drop off fee is pricey a lot of people rent a car in order to take advantage of sights and activities along the drive to Anchorage. Why not post to your Roll Call? Perhaps someone is renting a car in Seward and would drop you off in Anchorage if you share in the cost. Or maybe you can find other people who would like to share the cost with you and do a little sightseeing on the way to Anchorage?

Archived