4 Diamonds + 1 Newbie at checkin

Our family of 4 are all Diamond and we are bringing a newbie with us this cruise. How does this work at check in? He is 20 and had never cruised before. Hoping that we can all go through the Diamond line together. Has anyone been in this situation before? I'm wondering what your experiences were.

Our family of 4 are all Diamond and we are bringing a newbie with us this cruise. How does this work at check in? He is 20 and had never cruised before. Hoping that we can all go through the Diamond line together. Has anyone been in this situation before? I'm wondering what your experiences were.

If your reservations are linked you will be able to use express boarding. (at least we were)

If he is in the same cabin as a diamond member there should be no issue. If he is staying in his own cabin explain the situation to the greeter and I have no doubt that common sense will prevail on their part.

However, he will not be able to join you in the Diamond lounge unless the D Concierge makes an exception. These exceptions make for great debates on the CC boards.

It should not be a problem even if your reservations re not linked. Just stay together and he will be checked in with you.

Agree. They won't even look at everyone's papers. Just keep the group together and keep moving.

:)

Just take him along with the rest of you and there wont be a problem... i've dragged newbie balcony cruisers with me into the suite line and haven't had a problem. (it's in their best interest all around to let the seasoned cruisers take the newbies with them... otherwise I can only imagine the shuffling paperwork and confusion my newbie group would have!)

And make sure you've registered him for the bring a friend promo - $25 OBC! :)

Just off the Jewel this past weekend, and we were allowed to bring our entire group of 5 with us through the Diamond lines at check in and waiting areas. 2 people were new cruisers, one was Emerald--we both are Diamond. If anyone tries to separate you, I would simply explain that you are traveling together as a group--shouldn't be a problem.

As others have noted, RCCL is very nice about keeping family/friends together at check in. So many bring extras to the check in line that the regular line is often faster. Take a peak when you enter the cheek-in area and decide which line is best.

m

Awesome - that is good to hear. Thanks everyone for confirming that it will work. The newbie is in the same cabin as one of the diamond, and all our reservations are linked. So we are good to go!

Beth C - thanks for the reminder for the $25 Bring a Friend OBC. I'll just make sure it's applied once we're on board.

Beth C - thanks for the reminder for the $25 Bring a Friend OBC. I'll just make sure it's applied once we're on board.

I've got 3 newbies coming with me and I'm taking the $75 and running with it... What they don't know won't hurt them ;). I did enough work organizing this trip and saving them $$$ its the least they can do for me lol

Sent from my Speak & Spell using Tapatalk

I've got 3 newbies coming with me and I'm taking the $75 and running with it... What they don't know won't hurt them ;). I did enough work organizing this trip and saving them $$$ its the least they can do for me lol

Wow! You did great! Yes - you should enjoy every bit of the $75. We're just happy to get $25 :)

How are you booked on new ship not open till -April:confused::confused:

along these same lines, i will be on the Radiance in May-traveling with my best friend and her husband. She and i are both Gold, but my hsband and i have booked a JS. Our reservations are linked for dinners, but we will want to board together (embarkation photos:)). Do you think they will be able to check in with us so we can all board together? Otherwise, we would have to wait for them by the photographer.

So did you have 3 cabins with newbies in them. The site says $25 per stateroom.

So did you have 3 cabins with newbies in them. The site says $25 per stateroom.

I have all the newbies split up into 3 staterooms. I did it for the seniors discount of $500+ pp... the extra $25 in *my* pocket is my bonus ;)

It was a long science to getting everyone into the best room possible... for this cruise we had to use 2 next cruise certificates, had 6 seniors, 4 under 55, 2 Emerald, 1 Platinum, 4 Gold, 3 newbies, the cruise had a C&A Savings certificate and one of those who needed an accessible stateroom.

Quantum booking... not booked but have a next cruise certificate sitting in my inbox just waiting for the day it's released ;)

Archived