upgrading drinks package

misspuss

We have the classic package (123 go...yaah) I undestand we can upgrade to the premium package on board. Where do we do this? Msin desk? First bar we go to????

Thanks for the infomation.

Was just wondering the same thing myself... It would be nice to be able to upgrade in the bars, since I would expect quite a few guests from 123 will want to upgrade.

You can do it at just about any time. You can call before your cruise and pay before you leave. You can pay as you board or at any bar and it's added to your ship board account. We might wait a day or two into the cruise to see if we want more drink choices than the classic. You can upgrade until 2 or 3 nights left and it is prorated by number of days left on the cruise.

Just off the 5 day Connie and asked to upgrade the 123 promo drink pkg at 2 diff bars. Both said had to go to guest services. Luckily the line was short.

In that case the OP should definitely upgrade before boarding. No sense in delaying your first premium drink after boarding, even if it's only for a few minutes! :D

Just off the 5 day Connie and asked to upgrade the 123 promo drink pkg at 2 diff bars. Both said had to go to guest services. Luckily the line was short.

Just off Silhouette. Tried guest relations first thing; told to go to any bar. Did. Flawless and seamless. No big deal on that ship.

Well, there you have it!!

Mike

Just wanted to add, I was told by Celebrity that it's possible for only one person in a cabin to upgrade from classic to premium, but it can only be done once on the ship. I'm very please because I'd like to upgrade, but it wouldn't be worth it for my husband to.

Just wanted to add, I was told by Celebrity that it's possible for only one person in a cabin to upgrade from classic to premium, but it can only be done once on the ship. I'm very please because I'd like to upgrade, but it wouldn't be worth it for my husband to.

As is often the case with the Celebrity reps - different people different answers. I was told both had to upgrade under the 1,2, 3 promo. If you purchased packages then 1 could be Classic & 1Premium.

Hi Gdpups,

I would not count on that. I've asked previously, and was advised that both guests must upgrade, for the premium upgrade. It's also stated in the Celebrity 123 FAQ, on the Sticky at the top of the Celebrity forum.

With that said, it never hurts to ask once you are onboard the ship. I hope this helps !

Does anyone know when is possible to upgrade to premium package? Is it only on the first day or can you pay "pro rata" if you upgrade later into the cruise?

Thank you.

Hi Br.carlos,

Great Question. What I can advise, is that generally, you can purchase a beverage package after the cruise begins. However, once you begin, it must remain for the balance of the cruise. My only hesitation, is that I'm not entirely certain you can do this with the 123 GO package. FWIW, I believe they will want to make the sale, and the odds are good that they will accomodate once onboard.

I hope this helps !

Edited by Host Andy

Called Celebrity last week and upgraded 1 package (husband stayed with the classic), no problem. Travelling with another couple...she called to upgrade only her package and was told both had to...she said her friends had just done it, and after a couple of minutes on hold...she was able to upgrade only one...guess it depends on who you talk to. I wanted to do it before I got on board, as I think there will be lots of people upgrading on board and I didn't want to miss out on any drinking time. :D

Hi Gdpups,

I would not count on that. I've asked previously, and was advised that both guests must upgrade, for the premium upgrade. It's also stated in the Celebrity 123 FAQ, on the Sticky at the top of the Celebrity forum.

With that said, it never hurts to ask once you are onboard the ship. I hope this helps !

To no surprise, we've received conflicting info as well. But I suppose the terms and conditions of the 123 rule unless you can get somone to make an exception. In the case of friends of ours, they booked the Classic package under the promo. One is a non-drinker (alcohol) there other is. But being an 18-night cruise it was still advantageous for the non-drinker to book the Classic package under the promo to get bottled waters, sodas, specialty coffees, etc. The alcohol drinker will want to upgrade to Premium, but it makes no sense for the non-drinker to do so. And being an 18-night cruise we're talking $207 per person for the upgrade. So it's too bad Celebrity is putting this kind of restriction on upgrading, but that's life. I think they'll just take their chance and try to upgrade the one person on board the ship and see what happens.

I tried to upgrade today via my TA who called Celebrity and was told I need to do it at Guest Relations on board. I'd rather do it in advance so maybe I'll call them myself and see if I can get someone else who'll give me a different answer!

I tried to upgrade today via my TA who called Celebrity and was told I need to do it at Guest Relations on board. I'd rather do it in advance so maybe I'll call them myself and see if I can get someone else who'll give me a different answer!

Call Celebrity for beverage and dining packages at 800-722-5941. They will process the upgrade (as well as charge your credit card now) and send you an email confirmation. Having booked through a TA won't hinder the process -- this is the Department that handles 'enhancement' purchases. Good luck!

Call Celebrity for beverage and dining packages at 800-722-5941. They will process the upgrade (as well as charge your credit card now) and send you an email confirmation. Having booked through a TA won't hinder the process -- this is the Department that handles 'enhancement' purchases. Good luck!

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Finally was able to upgrade easy-peasy. The fellow I spoke with, referring to all the different information on Cruise Critic, said the problem was neither reservations nor Captails Club reps had the correct info on this and that at first they were denying people the ability to upgrade. But now he said you can and that this is the department that does it. And I have the confirmation saying we are paid and upgraded to premium!

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Finally was able to upgrade easy-peasy. The fellow I spoke with, referring to all the different information on Cruise Critic, said the problem was neither reservations nor Captails Club reps had the correct info on this and that at first they were denying people the ability to upgrade. But now he said you can and that this is the department that does it. And I have the confirmation saying we are paid and upgraded to premium!

Congrats! Glad that worked out for you. Now in the meantime, fix yourself a cocktail 'cause it's 5:00 o'clock in Vancouver as I write! ;)