Go AirLink NYC

jack300s

Has anyone used Go AirLink NYC to get from JFK to the Manhatten Cruise Port?

How long did it take? What was your experience?

Any other methods of getting from the airport to port that you would recommend. We're thinking of using Goairlink from airport to cruise port and then 12 days later from manhatten hotel to airport. Online estimate is about $86 per person round trip for a shared van.

I'm sure you will get a bunch of replies to your question. Did you know that a taxi is a fixed rate of about $53 for this trip plus tolls and tip and will hold up to 4 people? Why would you want to go in a shared van that could make many stops before yours and pay more money to do so?

I'm sure you will get a bunch of replies to your question. Did you know that a taxi is a fixed rate of about $53 for this trip plus tolls and tip and will hold up to 4 people? Why would you want to go in a shared van that could make many stops before yours and pay more money to do so?

Thank you for the cab fare info. Just looking for ideas.. I remember a few years ago it was a pain finding a cab that would accomadate 4 adults and 4or5 suitcases.

Has anyone used Go AirLink NYC to get from JFK to the Manhatten Cruise Port?

How long did it take? What was your experience?

Any other methods of getting from the airport to port that you would recommend. We're thinking of using Goairlink from airport to cruise port and then 12 days later from manhatten hotel to airport. Online estimate is about $86 per person round trip for a shared van.

Thank you for the cab fare info. Just looking for ideas.. I remember a few years ago it was a pain finding a cab that would accomadate 4 adults and 4or5 suitcases.

The Go Airlink and Super Shuttle services in NY have a very bad reputation...dirty, decrepit vehicles, less than courteous drivers, etc., and you never know how long you're going to be on the shuttle because it can make multiple stops before it reaches your destination.

Typically We recommend other means of transportation.

I also don't understand the quote of $86 per person. That sounds far too high.

If you're concerned about the ready availability of a large enough taxi, you should book a car service. Make sure you give them an accurate number of passengers and bags. Two of better-known car services are:

Dial 7 : http://www.dial7.com

Carmel: http://www.Carmellimo.com

I did a test booking on Dial 7's site for 4 people with 5 pieces of luggage. The fare quote for a minivan, the smallest vehicle they would allow for this number of passengers and bags came to $69 in each direction (that's for the vehicle, not per person), for a total of $138, plus tolls (which should be $0 if the driver knows what he's doing) and tip (about 20% is customary). For that you will get a private vehicle, not a shared ride van, that goes directly to the location you've requested, not a shared ride with who-knows-how-many stops.

Edited by njhorseman

The Go Airlink and Super Shuttle services in NY have a very bad reputation...dirty, decrepit vehicles, less than courteous drivers, etc., and you never know how long you're going to be on the shuttle because it can make multiple stops before it reaches your destination.

Typically We recommend other means of transportation.

I also don't understand the quote of $86 per person. That sounds far too high.

If you're concerned about the ready availability of a large enough taxi, you should book a car service. Make sure you give them an accurate number of passengers and bags. Two of better-known car services are:

Dial 7 : www.dial7.com

Carmel: www.Carmellimo.com

I did a test booking on Dial 7's site for 4 people with 5 pieces of luggage. The fare quote for a minivan, the smallest vehicle they would allow for this number of passengers and bags came to $69 in each direction (that's for the vehicle, not per person), for a total of $138, plus tolls (which should be $0 if the driver knows what he's doing) and tip (about 20% is customary). For that you will get a private vehicle, not a shared ride van, that goes directly to the location you've requested, not a shared ride with who-knows-how-many stops.

Thanks for the info...Sorry that was $86 per couple and $172 total for jfk to cruise terminal and TQ hotel to jfk...

We used GoLink from our Hotel in Times Square to Newark. We had a really nice driver and a nice/clean suburban. Our experience with Dial7 was not very good. We had reservations to pick us up at the pier in Brooklyn and the driver never showed despite being told by dispatch that he was there.

I presume that you are arriving on the same day that your ship departs. I would budget an hour travel time from JFK airport to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal, you never know about how congested traffic can get in Manhattan at certain times.

I presume that you are arriving on the same day that your ship departs. I would budget an hour travel time from JFK airport to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal, you never know about how congested traffic can get in Manhattan at certain times.

Thank you........Yes flying in the day of the cruise. Not my idea, our friends brought the airline tickets when they saw a good deal.

I'm a worrywart on these kinds of things. I can only see bad things happening! The cruise is at sea the first full day at sea...

Anyway, its a JetBlue redeye out of Sacramento and getting into JFK around 8:00am.....

a great many CC posters will suggest you come in the day before your cruise starts. Flight cancellations due to mechanical breakdowns and flight delays due to the weather can mean the ship sails without you.

Sorry to give you more worries. Are you sure he can't re-schedule the flight? I know it will cost additional monies. Go on the Jet Blue website and see. Or get your friends to.

Edited by Richpontone

• 2 years later...

Not to the cruise port, but we experience with Go Airlink. Here it is, 2 months and1 week after my VERY BAD experience with Go Airlink at JFK, and I finally got a determination on my complaint, and not a satisfactory one, either.

I guess Go Airlink thought I would either lose interest or drop dead in the meanwhile.

So, after all this time, I was told by Airlink that ONE HOUR AND 48 MINUTES from JFK to Pt. Authority is within perfectly normal and acceptable limits.

I checked my text messages to my NYC host from the time I arrived Go Airlink's JFK location to the time I arrived Pt. Authority, and I have it documented that the epic journey took precisely TWO HOURS AND 20 MINUTES !!! Besides Go Airlink's UN-advertised limits of acceptability, they play fast and lose with the facts, misrepresenting the actual time my trip took.

If TWO HOURS AND 20 MINUTES is a satisfactory time to you, book with Go Airlink and cross your fingers it takes no longer. Otherwise, take a private van, taxi or the subway. I recommend the subway; it's simple to navigate, clean, fast and cheap. And, you won't be dealing with Crook Airlink NYC.

Dial 7 or Camel (our preference) car service would be our (consistently) choice our car service to/from airports & cruise terminal, including MCT - trust me, two nephews worked at JFK terminals as airline ground supervisors know !!

If you are a backpack student/traveler on a budget, take your chance with Super Shuttle or Go Airlink - compared to Dial 7 or Camel, each have a fleet of 600 or 700 assorted vehicles for computerized dispatch, the shared shuttle vans maybe got a dozen of them each going around. You are flying into JFK's T5 on embarkation day, I strongly recommend AGAINST going with shared shuttle vans unless you wanted to be cursing or sitting as captive passengers going in loops as in "you stop is coming up soon ... in cross-town traffic after just 1 more hotel stop" - even a yellow taxi van, and, you can wait for one by telling the airport taxi dispatcher.

Plenty of business travelers with carryons and a briefcase take the JFK AirTrain to Jamaica, transfer to the LIRR or E Train, express/limited stops to midtown & then catch a short taxi ride for the last 2 miles to the MCT - but for 4 people with luggage - it will worked out to be about $18 to $20 p/p including a possible $5.54 (approx.) EZ-Pass electronic toll & tips, door to door - via taxi or car service. Assuming it's a weekend redeye flight, it should be no more than 75 minutes for most "good" drivers without giving your a heart attack on their amazing skills & extra tipping to "push" it.

If you can change your B6 (code for Jetblue) flight for earlier or standby for same day on an early one (unlikely, as seats are typically soldout & planes are flying 90% full these days, especially B6) - be alert to your inbound flight & weather across the country for delays (weather & ATC's) If you can, fly carry-ons only plus a smaller personal bag, board early (for extra fee) to claim those overhead bin space & you will skip waiting for your checked bags on JFK arrival & head straight to ground transportation.

Do understand that the NYC Taxi and Limousine Commission has rules on the age of the Yellow Taxi (Metered or called Medallion) and Black Car Limo (Dial7/Carmel) on how old the model age of the car that can be in service.

Complaints for both of these can be made to NYC 311 or 212-New-York (212) 639-9675 or even use their 311 App (iPhone/Android).

I don't know if T&LC governs Go AirLink or other "Shuttles" I've got to look if they have T&LC plates.

Here is a snippet from 311 website:

Car Service, Limousine, or Ambulette Complaint

You can file a complaint about a car service company's office staff, drivers, and vehicles, including:

Broken or missing equipment in the passenger car (broken air conditioning, heating, lights, windows, and seatbelts)

Cell phone use while driving, including use of a hands-free headset

Overcharging or demanding tips

Refusing your requests, including requests for pick-up, change of radio volume, heat, or air conditioning

Not driving safely

Treating you rudely

Dirty condition or bad odor in the vehicle, including cigarette smoke and body odor

Business operating illegally or using unauthorized vehicles

Not displaying a license, or displaying someone else's license

It is against the law for a car service to refuse to pick you up because of race, disability, or destination within New York City, if you arranged the service beforehand through a company. A car service is required to drive you to any destination in the five boroughs, the counties of Nassau and Westchester, and Newark/Liberty Airport.