Sea lion encounters in Nassau?

Has anyone ever done one of these? I see there are two different ones listed...

Blue Lagoon Sea Lion Encounter

Atlantis Shallow Water Sea Lion Interaction and Atlantis Beach

The prices are quiet different and I was wondering if the more expensive one is really worth the extra money?

I'm excited at the thought of meeting a sea lion but I want to make sure I get the best experience for the money! :)

Thanks!

-Lisa

We did the dolphin encounter at Blue Lagoon. Really enjoyed it and went back on the next cruise for the sea lion encounter. I think I liked the sea lion encounter better, maybe because it was just the 5 of us for our session and besides the 'main' sea lion we were interacting with, another one that was being trained jumped in a few times. We thought both excursions at Blue Lagoon were a very good value.

There was a beach area where you could hang out before or after your session.

OMG! I love Sea Lions!! I looked on the RCI website and this excursion was $139 a person. Googled the name of the company, and it was only $90 to book through them. That is quite a price difference! We have never booked anything on our own, do you think that it is safe to do?

My friends and I did the sea lions at Blue Lagoon and we loved it!! One stayed and took pictures. She paid for the beach excursion and the two of us did the excursion. Great amount of time in water w/o a large group. If you purchase any pictures go there immediately after. It took them awhile to make them and it was cutting close to the ferry back. Have a great time

OMG! I love Sea Lions!! I looked on the RCI website and this excursion was $139 a person. Googled the name of the company, and it was only $90 to book through them. That is quite a price difference! We have never booked anything on our own, do you think that it is safe to do?

We booked both independently and it worked out fine. We scheduled our sessions early to make sure we had plenty of time to take one of the earlier ferry's back to the ship dock.

Just be careful in the respect that there was a thread about some cruise ships getting bumped from Nassau with no warning pre-cruise. If this happens you will not get a refund. If you book through the ship, you would.

The search function is not working so I can't find the thread for you. Maybe someone else could post the link.

The prices are quiet different and I was wondering if the more expensive one is really worth the extra money?

I'm excited at the thought of meeting a sea lion but I want to make sure I get the best experience for the money! :)

Thanks!

-Lisa

We did the one at Blue Lagoon and had a blast.

Pics at http://www.chaseclub.com/cruise/2010/index17.htm

Thanks!

-Lisa

We did the cheaper of the 2 sea lion encounters at Atlantis (about $50) and while it was ok we were disappointed as there was little interaction with the sea lions, just oping for a picture. We wished we had done the more expensive tour.

We booked in advance direct with Atlantis that way we took our own transportation and could spend extra time there.

100 percent Blue Lagoon! We did it twice and loved it. Great experience, lots of time with the sea lions and great information on their care and back stories. Great little beach there as well, we spent a bit of time enjoying it, very nice day. We have done Atlantis as well, totally different experience. Big, commercial, not nearly as much time with the animals.

Just be careful in the respect that there was a thread about some cruise ships getting bumped from Nassau with no warning pre-cruise. If this happens you will not get a refund. If you book through the ship, you would.

The search function is not working so I can't find the thread for you. Maybe someone else could post the link.

I've never booked an independent excursion that would not reimburse 100% if our ship didn't dock for any reason. It's been a few years since we did the Blue Lagoon excursions so I would double check with them before booking.

• 5 weeks later...
We booked both independently and it worked out fine. We scheduled our sessions early to make sure we had plenty of time to take one of the earlier ferry's back to the ship dock.

When I tried to book, they asked what cruise line I was with and said I had to book through cruise line.

• 4 weeks later...
I know they have the boats that go from their pier at Paradise Island, but what's the best way to get from the RC ship, to the pier. Taxi? About how much does that cost round trip?

Were you able to book directly with company? The told me that I had to go through cruise ship- Looks like Royal bought it out and they would not sell directly to me. Not sure if all cruise ships are the same or it was just Royal

Were you able to book directly with company? The told me that I had to go through cruise ship- Looks like Royal bought it out and they would not sell directly to me. Not sure if all cruise ships are the same or it was just Royal

I've not tried yet.

What's wrong with just telling them you'll be there but not with a cruise?!?

Archived