Canvas Bags

bobchico

I've only seen the tan canvas bags. We did a Collector cruise a few years ago and didn't get a second bag of any color. I was surprised to see the canvas bags when we returned to HAL in 2010 after many years away. (I still have my old ones from the 80s) Most cruise lines have stopped giving out bags.

But sometimes you're better off without a gift bag. The second time we were on the Norway, NCL gave out what was basically a plastic shopping bag. The plastic was very sturdy, but the blue ink rubbed off! When we got off the tender on the privage island, I discovered a big streak of blue on my leg where the bag had been against my skin. Somebody told me that the ink was soluble in sunscreen!!!

Hi

Darn I should have asked my brother to bring the bag home when he sailed in January on the Zurerdam. I asked him to bring me the tile but he didn't see them and did not ask. Brothers

I got one of those old bags on the Amsterday on cruise to Alaska.

Mary

On our Oct NA cruise we got 3 blue tote bags as described. There were 3 of us in our cabin.

On our Eurodam cruise we got a letter stating we got a gift of a tote bag as a gift for booking our cruise though a CAA travel agent. One for the two of us. Same type of blue bag.

We now have 3 brand new blue bags never used.

@sail....not the same bag as you described and linked for a collectors cruise.

On our 'just finished' cruise on Nieuw Amsterdam, they did not have the blue and tan bags. I did ask if we could have one for the second segment of our Collector's Cruise, but the cabin steward said that there were none on the ship. We did get one of the new blue bags for each segment the night before our fist port.

Sorry you didn't get one of the new Collector's bags -- they are so much nicer than the regular bags and much stronger.

I really like the Collector's bags. Nice quality, sturdy, larger, pocket in the front..... Mariner Logo on one side. I think they did a good job designing and having these made. I thought they were going to give them for only a limited amount of time but we still get them on every Collector's Cruise we take.

Currently on the Westerdam. Our "new blue fabric" bag was on our bed after dinner the 1st night ... unfortunately we couldn't tender to HMC the next day. We have gotten a tote every cruise. I'll let you know if we receive a special Collector's Cruise tote.

Currently on the Westerdam. Our "new blue fabric" bag was on our bed after dinner the 1st night ... unfortunately we couldn't tender to HMC the next day. We have gotten a tote every cruise. I'll let you know if we receive a special Collector's Cruise tote.

If your steward doesn't leave one on turnaround day, be sure to ask him for one. They really nice IMO

Hi

wa

hat one bag per cabin.. Sorry I think this is wrong. I feel if two people paid for a cabin both should recieve a bag. . I mean how much does it cost them. The get Free advertising. Come on HAL get off this cheap business

Mary

Hi

wa

hat one bag per cabin.. Sorry I think this is wrong. I feel if two people paid for a cabin both should recieve a bag. . I mean how much does it cost them. The get Free advertising. Come on HAL get off this cheap business

Mary

Did you ask for one? I would be surprised if they turned down this request. They like the advertising too.

Archived