Epic Jogging Track

Fairydust312

Quick question for those who have sailed on the Epic. Does the jogging/walking track really dead end? I've read many reviews criticizing the view, which is obstructed by lifeboats. That's unfortunate enough, but I've also seen a picture posted that makes it look like the track dead ends into a wall. Is that true?

Quick question for those who have sailed on the Epic. Does the jogging/walking track really dead end? I've read many reviews criticizing the view, which is obstructed by lifeboats. That's unfortunate enough, but I've also seen a picture posted that makes it look like the track dead ends into a wall. Is that true?

Yup :(

I keep trying to imagine how that works and picture people pile-ups at the wall. But maybe there isn't enough traffic, given the design problems, to cause a problem.

Thanks for the response!

It took me 4 days to find the way out there. It was kinda rough out and heard it wasn't open, so thats probably why I didn't see the way out there. It is VERY dissapointing...imagine a "track" but the straight away part, with only two lanes with arrows showing which direction to go. :eek:

1560-vi.jpg

1647-vi.jpg

Well, it doesn't technically end at a wall, it loops. Yes, my mother is walking the wrong direction ;)

Good thing there are more treadmills, and spinning bikes than on any ship on the sea

215-vi.jpg

220-vi.jpg

Edited by sdmike

Thanks everybody for all the information. And I agree, the fitness center seems a much more inviting location. Does it have an ocean view? I see windows in one of the pictures you posted, but I can't tell what's on the other side with the glare.

Thanks again!

Thanks everybody for all the information. And I agree, the fitness center seems a much more inviting location. Does it have an ocean view? I see windows in one of the pictures you posted, but I can't tell what's on the other side with the glare.

Thanks again!

A beautiful ocean view

Thanks again!

I saw dolphins while jogging across the Mediterranean on a treadmill. You're up really high and looking out a huge wall of glass.

Can't beat that!

But the track is just a long back & forth. My wife did 5 miles on it one day--but she usually just likes to run to zone out everything.

Edited by quercus alba

Yes the track was quite disappointing you can see the water that was ever present in sdmike's pics. I got a couple of miles in on port days but it was not the best. I also had a little trouble on the treadmill one day when the seas were a little high but other than that the fitness center is awesome.

• 4 years later...
I saw dolphins while jogging across the Mediterranean on a treadmill. You're up really high and looking out a huge wall of glass.

Can't beat that!

But the track is just a long back & forth. My wife did 5 miles on it one day--but she usually just likes to run to zone out everything.

Out of curiosity, how many back and forth laps did it take for a mile? This is going to be our first Non Disney Cruise and I used their running track every single day.

Out of curiosity, how many back and forth laps did it take for a mile? This is going to be our first Non Disney Cruise and I used their running track every single day.

So,,, you are asking a question to a person who posted a comment 5 years ago in 2013.

There was a much more recent thread about the Epic's jogging track. You'll find your answer there. Here's the link. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2604649