Suncreen of Choice?

I haven't tried Bare Minerals, will have to search for it, thank you. Does it come in lotion as well as spray?

Its a powder, their normal foundation has natural spf, and they also have a tinted suncreen you can use (it comes with a built in brush.)

They do have moisturizes with suncreen in them as well but I have not tried those, but they don't have a traditional suncreen kind of thing like coppertone & such.

Its a powder, their normal foundation has natural spf, and they also have a tinted suncreen you can use (it comes with a built in brush.)

They do have moisturizes with suncreen in them as well but I have not tried those, but they don't have a traditional suncreen kind of thing like coppertone & such.

Well that is interesting, I can see a powder being less mask-like on the face. Will try that for sure! Thanks.

Well that is interesting, I can see a powder being less mask-like on the face. Will try that for sure! Thanks.

I love both of their products (the powders w/natural spf) its one of the few foundations that won't break my skin out since I have oily skin to begin with. I like the tinted suncreen (its a self loading brush) but I will be honest I never really thought about using it for sun protection on a cruise. I like it for every day use (but I don't know if I would trust it alone) I haven't tried it as a real protection from sunburn though so your mileage might varry if that is what you want to try and use it for.

The foundation blends great with the skin, the suncreen one I feel is slightly less fine but neither give you a mask look.

I have been using the Banana Boat dry oil for a few years , with the 10/15 SPF , but I noticed it runs out super fast. I think this year ill buy Hawiian Topic.

Hawaiian Tropic spray oil feels much thicker on your skin in my opinion - I don't like it as well as Banana Boat - let me know what you think!

Several comments:

I've always loved the smell of Hawaiian Tropic best -- the coconut smell just says, "Beach time!" Bannana Boat's okay too.

I hate the sprays. They're expensive and seem to have so little product in the bottle. Plus you can't spray your face.

I saw on the TV news just last night that the best quality sunscreen you can buy right now (May 2013) is Target-brand SPF 50. Runner up: Walmart SPF 50. How'd they rank it best? I don't know. I wasn't paying that much attention.

I have trouble with Roseacea and Eczema, and I use only Vanicream products on my face. That includes sunscreen, though it's about 3Xs the cost of regular stuff, so I ONLY use it on my face. It's difficult to find; they keep it behind the counter at my Target -- it's not prescription, but they don't put it on the shelf. I don't know why. I'd never have noticed this brand, if my dermatologist hadn't told me to try it: The bottle is plain white with blue letters, and they don't advertise. But the products are WONDERFUL.

I use Coppertone Water Babies. It works fine for adults too. I started with it when I forgot mine and used my Granddaughter's. It is gentler to the skin than many adult products and is readily available and inexpensive

Archived