Rome ( Civitavecchia ) to Rome Airport )

scotpom

Do Azamara lay on a shuttle from the Port to Rome Airport (Fiumicino) If so, does anybody know the cost?? We are on the Acropolis to the Vatican cruise this June, our first with Azamara. The arrival time is 5.00 am and we are in no rush as our flight leaves at 5.00PM

Scotpom:confused:

I am assuming you have booked "cruise only"?

I am sure last time we went from Citavechia that you could buy transfer on the boat but ours was fly cruise so already included.

If flight is a late departure you can stay on board until 12.00 /have lunch and then depart.

While reading a review there is a service offered for €20 by one of the travel companies.

You get the port shuttle to the main gate and the bus waits there

http://www.smartcruisetours.com/index.php/airport-transfers?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=103&category_id=12

It will be early for your flight and the airport is not that great to hang out in for hours.

On our TA the ACC included transfer was way too early.

While reading a review there is a service offered for €20 by one of the travel companies.

You get the port shuttle to the main gate and the bus waits there

http://www.smartcruisetours.com/index.php/airport-transfers?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=103&category_id=12

It will be early for your flight and the airport is not that great to hang out in for hours.

On our TA the ACC included transfer was way too early.

Thanks for that but unfortunately the bus does'nt run on that day ( June 26th )

Scotpom:)

Thanks for that but unfortunately the bus does'nt run on that day ( June 26th )

Scotpom:)

Maybe not enough pax if only ACC dropping off that day, many will have ship transfers.

I remember on our trip ACC had loads of coaches lined up and loads of sapce on each.

Nice idea. thanks but as my wife says "We're Rome'd out"

Peter

Just can't imagine being "Rom'd out", but would second CintiPam's suggestion to consider a RomeCabs trip to Ostia Antica.

That will be a priority on our next visit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just can't imagine being "Rom'd out", but would second CintiPam's suggestion to consider a RomeCabs trip to Ostia Antica.

That will be a priority on our next visit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks Nordski and others. Ostia Antica looks wonderful and quite close by. Don't know why we had'nt heard of it. I think we may well give it a try. Rome'd out for us:) means we have been there so many times on holiday and business that we will give it a miss for a few more years.

Peter

Thanks Nordski and others. Ostia Antica looks wonderful and quite close by. Don't know why we had'nt heard of it. I think we may well give it a try. Rome'd out for us:) means we have been there so many times on holiday and business that we will give it a miss for a few more years.

Peter

So how come you thank the person who seconded my suggestion of Ostia Antica rather than me??;):p (Just call me "others".)

Pam

So how come you thank the person who seconded my suggestion of Ostia Antica rather than me??;):p (Just call me "others".)

Pam

Dear Pam

Humble apologies all the way from New Zealand. A slip of the finger. If we ever meet up on Azamara we will buy you a large drink. We are on the Azamara for the first time this June from Athens to Rome so if you've got nothing better to do???

Kind regards

Peter and Janet

Dear Pam

Humble apologies all the way from New Zealand. A slip of the finger. If we ever meet up on Azamara we will buy you a large drink. We are on the Azamara for the first time this June from Athens to Rome so if you've got nothing better to do???

Kind regards

Peter and Janet

All is forgiven!

BTW, on my September Azamara cruise, we spent much time, including tours, with a couple from Dunedin, Peter and Halcyon.

Archived