New ports/destinations coming?

Christine Frances

Quote : " Coming soon: ‘Celebrity Exclusives,’ offering personalized experiences for individuals or groups of up to 15. Plus, each Celebrity ship will have a destination concierge with in-depth knowledge to help passengers tailor their own in-port experiences. "

That would be great, if the price is even mildly competitive with what I can book on my own without their help.

Quote : " Coming soon: ‘Celebrity Exclusives,’ offering personalized experiences for individuals or groups of up to 15. Plus, each Celebrity ship will have a destination concierge with in-depth knowledge to help passengers tailor their own in-port experiences. "

That would be great, if the price is even mildly competitive with what I can book on my own without their help.

It's obvious they are aware of how much business (shore excursions) they are loosing to private tours arranged on boards like CC and are trying to get a bit of it back. But I do agree, it would be great.

Interesting. Also saw in Sea Trade that X would add Le Havre for 70th anniversary for D-Day for it 14n Scandanavia & St Petersberg 2014 cruises but cannot find any other info on this point. Do you know anything? Does anyone know anything? E-Mailed Capts Club no response to date.

Carole

Scandinavia & Russia from Southampton

[/b]Picked this brief information up on a UK online TA website, and it does comment that it is subject to change

24th May 2014 (14 nights)

Ports of Call: Southampton, at sea, Copenhagen, at sea, Tallinn, St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Stockholm, at sea, Berlin, at sea, Bruges, Southampton

The next cruise starts on June 7th, so I would assume that Bruges has been dropped and Eclipse is going to Le Harve instead, which is only a few hours cruising from Southampton.

Hope this helps.

Richard

I agree that this will be worthwhile if they actually provide a concierge with real knowledge instead of the current system of shilling for the jewelry stores in port. And well curated small excursions would be extremely popular, in my view. It's the big bus thing I object to. With the mandatory shopping stops. And the thoughtless people who keep everyone else waiting for them.

It would be wondrful to see this happen,but will be an enormous undertaking. At this point I would just appreciate some information pre-cruise concerning ship sponsored port shuttles, these are never listed in the shorex info.

Archived