Hotel Recommendation Vancouver

cheermom6488

Hi,

my husband and I are cruising out of Vancouver on may 29, we are staying 1 night before and 1 night after cruise. Can anyone recommend a hotel for our stay. We are flying in the day before at 2:30 pm, so we will have a little time to sightsee and have dinner before our cruise on Wednesday. Also we are staying 1 night after our cruise and will not leave until 2:00 the day after so we will have a full day of sightseeing the day we return from the cruise.

Since we are not familiar with the area any help is appreciated, we would like to be within walking distance of some restaurants, or near a trolley stop if possible

Thanks

Lynn

Hi,

my husband and I are cruising out of Vancouver on may 29, we are staying 1 night before and 1 night after cruise. Can anyone recommend a hotel for our stay. We are flying in the day before at 2:30 pm, so we will have a little time to sightsee and have dinner before our cruise on Wednesday. Also we are staying 1 night after our cruise and will not leave until 2:00 the day after so we will have a full day of sightseeing the day we return from the cruise.

Since we are not familiar with the area any help is appreciated, we would like to be within walking distance of some restaurants, or near a trolley stop if possible

Thanks

Lynn

There are dozens of threads recommending hotels. If you use the search button here in the forum for "Vancouver Hotel Recommendations" I'm sure there's 20 threads in the last year at least.

although there are unlimited choices in downtown Vancouver with unlimited prices, I would recommend the blue horizon as a good choice. It is on Robson street , close to all restaurants and transportation.

it is excellent accommodation at reasonable prices.

Here is a list of many 3*+ hotels that are within 6 to 8 blocks of Canada Place:

The Pan Pacific (part of Canada Place)

Fairmont Waterfront (across the street from Canada Place)

Fairmont Pacific Rim

Marriott Pinnacle

Renaissance

Hyatt Regency

Fairmont Vancouver

Tower at the Terminal City Club

Coast Coal Harbour

Delta Suites

Metropolitan

Four Seasons

Rosewood Georgia

Sutton Place (about 8.5 blocks)

Sheraton at the Wall Centre (about 10 blocks)

le Soleil

The Wedgewood

There are a couple missing from the list but this should get you started.

I highly recommend that Pan Pacific. It is right next to the Cruise Ship Terminal. Very nice hotel.

Keith

Actually the Pan Pacific forms a part of the Canada Place complex. If you want to stay close to the pier then the Fairmont Waterfront is right across the street from Canada Place and like the Pan Pacific offers a free luggage transfer from hotel to pier (OK, a tip is expected) it really is a toss up which to choose.

I just did a priceline for Vancouver for May 15 and we got the Marrott

Piccacle for 139 plus tax

That is a very good price IMO for that hotel - I would take it (my Marriott Friends and Family rate for that day is $183). Just a few blocks from Canada Place, not a hard walk (we did it with luggage).

DaveOKC

There are dozens of threads recommending hotels. If you use the search button here in the forum for "Vancouver Hotel Recommendations" I'm sure there's 20 threads in the last year at least.

Actually I have had no luck. I put in your exact phrase and when I put it in with the quotes, only your post came up in the search. When I removed the quotes, one other post came up besides yours. I also tried advanced search and put in Vancouver hotels, and Vancouver budget hotels as well as several other options in a title only search and those all came up with nothing at all. :(

Actually I have had no luck. I put in your exact phrase and when I put it in with the quotes, only your post came up in the search. When I removed the quotes, one other post came up besides yours. I also tried advanced search and put in Vancouver hotels, and Vancouver budget hotels as well as several other options in a title only search and those all came up with nothing at all. :(

See post #5 on this thread.

vbmom87 (and anyone else having trouble doing a search), I think you are putting your search criteria in the wrong place. If you are only getting the few posts from this thread, then you are entering your search in the wrong place.

You must move up the heirarchy to the overall forum you want to search - ie. in this case "West Coast Departures". Therefore, to search the forum (not the thread), move to West Coast Departures, click on "Search this thread", and enter "Vancouver hotel recommendations". There are dozens of threads there.

In general, move to the specific forum where you want to search or move up to do a broader search in all forums.

Archived