Sea Pass Charge - Chorus Line Theatre

My son came back from Majesty today. His seapass was charged for 3 days of gratuties ($12.00/day) which was expected. There was also one other charge $9.78 which said Chorus Line Theatre. He said they went in the one night for about 10 minutes when there was a juggler. I thought the shows were free? He had nothing to drink either. Any ideas?

My son came back from Majesty today. His seapass was charged for 3 days of gratuties ($12.00/day) which was expected. There was also one other charge $9.78 which said Chorus Line Theatre. He said they went in the one night for about 10 minutes when there was a juggler. I thought the shows were free? He had nothing to drink either. Any ideas?

Well, the charge IS for a drink in the theatre.

If he says that he had nothing to drink, then it is a mistake and he should call and talk to RC about the charge.

Well, the charge IS for a drink in the theatre.

If he says that he had nothing to drink, then it is a mistake and he should call and talk to RC about the charge.

Wouldn't he have to sign for a drink. He did not sign for anything and only ate and drank "the free stuff" as he called it.

Judging by the amount, it looks as though something was ordered costing $8.50 plus the 15% gratuity to get that total. Perhaps the server swapped SeaPass cards when ringing up someone else's order.

Unfortunately, I don't know what might cost $8.50 to come up with any suggestions for what that might be. I guess some sort of mixed drink.

Have your son call 1-800-256-6649 which will get him Post Cruise Customer Service. He should have his SeaPass handy as they will ask for his Folio Number.

Is it not usual practice to query these before one leaves the ship?

How usual is it for RCI to refund these errors by phone, "after the ship has sailed"?

:confused:

I'm sure it happens for multiple reasons. One reason (which doesn't seem to apply in this case) is that these folio bills can be multiple pages long with lots of different charges on them. Sorting through the details, then standing in line at the Guest Services desk, may not be your top priority, if you have a plane to catch. Other times, you may just not notice something until later.

I haven't ever had any problems with my bill, but I'm sure there are occasional mistakes that happen.

How usual is it for RCI to refund these errors by phone, "after the ship has sailed"?

We have experienced erroneous min-bar charges that were applied to our account after we had left our cabin on debarkation day. Once you leave your cabin, they come in and do an inventory of what is in the mini bar. If all items are not there, then a charge is applied to the account of the occupants of that cabin for the missing items.

A quick call to the number that I provided corrected their mistake.

There is usually no question about refunding charges. It's happened to us maybe 3 or 4 times, and they have always issued a credit without a problem.

Have had the same problem several times with mini bar charges. Alerted guest services a few times during the cruise and it was added again several times. After we got home.....a few days later it was added again. Finally they removed weeks after we were home. We ended up paying for that box of pricey peanuts four times. But it all got cleared up.

One cruise we noticed an empty box of peanuts when we first stepped into the room and of course it was on our bill.......fortunately we had already alerted our cabin steward and it was taken off.

Now we ask to have everything removed. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't and sort of 'hide' it on the shelf above the TV.

We've had those blasted mini-bar charges show up after the fact as well.

We asked the cabin steward to remove the items from the mini bar, and he told us to just "put them on a shelf somewhere."

We did, and when the inventory person came in to count, they had no idea where the items were and we were charged for everything single thing in there!

A quick call and it was all taken care of.

Since then, we either put everything back, or leave a sticky note on the minibar informing whomever where all their stuff is stashed.

And back to the OP: I agree, that sounds like the cost of a foo-foo drink from the theatre bar. If it wasn't his, call them and dispute.

Ann

I agree with a few of the fellow posters. Perhaps he ordered a drink elsewhere and the server had to go to this locale to fill the order. The last cruise I was on, there were charges from a few places we never visited, but the charges matched those made whilst we were in the dining room. We keep receipts to match them, because of these occurrences and to scrapbook :D but we are strange like that, lol! But if your son doesn't recall this figure at all, keeping in mind the above, than don't hesitate to call RCI. I am sure they will be able to clear everything up.

Archived