After sailing solstice class would we like century?

gordylad

happy cruzer: Unfortunately the Century currently does not serve warm options like the Solstice-class ships. No omelets in the morning, no warm grilled tuna, chicken, or salmon that you can order at lunch. It is basically like the Solstice-class ships with the "cold" plates that you can select cafeteria-style but without the extra option to choose chicken, tuna, or salmon grilled at the cafe and served warm. The Century did have a self-serve salad from a bowl as well as some of the cold entrees being served salad style. The cold plates did include chicken, tuna, and salmon on a rotating basis, their choice. Hopefully that will change with the renovations. Kathy

happy cruzer: Unfortunately the Century currently does not serve warm options like the Solstice-class ships. No omelets in the morning, no warm grilled tuna, chicken, or salmon that you can order at lunch. It is basically like the Solstice-class ships with the "cold" plates that you can select cafeteria-style but without the extra option to choose chicken, tuna, or salmon grilled at the cafe and served warm. The Century did have a self-serve salad from a bowl as well as some of the cold entrees being served salad style. The cold plates did include chicken, tuna, and salmon on a rotating basis, their choice. Hopefully that will change with the renovations. Kathy

Now we know what to expect. We love seafood for lunch, we'll find it in another venue.

Thanks.

Now we know what to expect. We love seafood for lunch, we'll find it in another venue.

Thanks.

You can get seafood there, just cooked/grilled and cold, just not warm & made to order like on the Solstice-class ships. They may have had shrimp too. We found the cold tuna undercooked/too rare, but we were told many people like it that way. The chicken and fish are prepared elsewhere and delivered to the Aqua Spa Cafe. The best place for fish would be the main dining room, which is open for lunch on sea days only (closed on port days). I do like the cold salmon plate in the Aqua Spa Cafe.

Personally I would stay with the S Class ships. Nothing against the ole gal but if you truely enjoy "Modern" Luxury, keep sailing on the newer S Class boats. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
You can get seafood there, just cooked/grilled and cold, just not warm & made to order like on the Solstice-class ships. They may have had shrimp too. We found the cold tuna undercooked/too rare, but we were told many people like it that way. The chicken and fish are prepared elsewhere and delivered to the Aqua Spa Cafe. The best place for fish would be the main dining room, which is open for lunch on sea days only (closed on port days). I do like the cold salmon plate in the Aqua Spa Cafe.

I am interested in your comments as this must indicate a change to the Aqua Spa Café since October 2012, when I last sailed on the Century.

At that time, they did offer hot grilled items made to order, and it took the same amount of time as it usually did on any Celebrity ship I have been on. I had grilled seafood done in a variety of ways and brochettes of different meats, and there was always chicken. Each day there were four different kinds of hot grilled selections at lunch. Although I have no idea where these items were cooked, everything always arrived piping hot and in a timely way.

There were two entrances to the Aqua Spa Café on Century, and only one of them had a small sign at the door (below eye level, and easily missed) indicating that a-la-minute grilled items were available. There was nothing at the other door, nor were there any signs within the Café itself to indicate that grilled items were available. This was not an unfamiliar situation to me, as I often the find lack of a visible grill menu in the Aqua Spa Cafe, and many people never know that freshly grilled items are even available.

The Century's Aqua Spa Café was probably the best of its kind that I have experienced on any Celebrity ship. I will be really sad if stopped serving the freshly grilled selections, as I just booked a last-minute cruise on the Century today!

elena7sea: Have a wonderful cruise. Let us know about the Century when you return. We were disappointed about the lack of warm options too. According to the thread for which happy cruzer provided the link, it looks like they are implementing this change on other ships too. Maybe it will reversed back to warm food options due to comments on the Guest Questionnaires.

Tell Mario in the Aqua Spa Cafe that Kathy & Jack "Stanley's customers" said hi and that we had favorable comments about the Aqua Spa Cafe.

Kathy

elena7sea: Have a wonderful cruise. Let us know about the Century when you return. We were disappointed about the lack of warm options too. According to the thread for which happy cruzer provided the link, it looks like they are implementing this change on other ships too. Maybe it will reversed back to warm food options due to comments on the Guest Questionnaires.

Tell Mario in the Aqua Spa Cafe that Kathy & Jack "Stanley's customers" said hi and that we had favorable comments about the Aqua Spa Cafe.

Kathy

Hi Kathy:

I will try to pass on your message if Mario is in the Aqua Spa Café.

Are there any particular questions you have about the Century? I will certainly check out the Aqua Spa Café. I really hope that Celebrity receives enough negative feedback on the changes to the ASC that they reverse this "no grilled meat "policy.

So far I haven't read of anyone paying $5.00 for the yogourt or smoothy option. This doesn't seem to have been a positive change for anyone.

elena7seas: Thanks so much for saying hi to Mario from us and also for your offer to answer questions. We were on the Century in April, so we don't have any questions now. Once the renovation is finished next year, I'll probably have questions. Let us know what you think of the Century and the ASC. I hope you thoroughly enjoy your cruise. Thanks again, Kathy

Archived