Best place for lunch after you board the ship?

vols_159

I personally prefer to eat lunch in the port town and board later in the day when my cabin is ready so I can avoid all crowds until it is time to set sail. Ok, not entirely true, I do have to grab an ice cream cone pretty quickly. I love that cheap soft serve.

Hi. We are recently off the Epic and had lunch in the MDR - Taste. No crowds!

The cruise stated out excellent when the boys loved their burgers and Ceasar Salad with Shrimp. Those shrimp were excellent. They liked it so much a few hours later they went back again:)

I think we CCers are sometimes just lemmings of a smaller subspecies, and this "MDR upon embarkation" shuffle might be Exhibit A.

Sure it's quieter and less crowded, but we don't necessarily cruise for those operands, do we? I'm sometimes sitting down there, wishing I were part of the hustle and bustle. And alternatively....

If you're on a Jewel-class ship on a reasonably nice day in reasonably good time, you should really be heading to the Great Outdoors with a plate or two of a great array of food. The newbies take a long time to discover this world, and the ultimate cruise atmosphere back there blows away the somewhat stuffy, strangely backlit midday world of the MDR (my opinion only of course).

Archived