25,000 Photos - only 15% Sold???

mikjr

Next...!!!

It was a simple explanation of my views...WTH. I found it necessary to explain that I'm not getting on a soapbox about being green...I was simply offering how I save a little paper by not taking photos I don't want. My little part.

And...the bit about being a hypocrit was a nuance. And not very nice.

I think they may sell more photos if they updated the backdrops & poses a little. I felt like i was in an 80's time warp. The only photos we took were the ones on the stairs.

The kiosks may have their flaws, but I still think its a better idea logistically and environmentally. I found searching for the photo time consuming and the area very congested.

I wish they would consider something like Disney parks do with their PhotoPass card. They take the photo and scan your photo card. You can look at them at your hotel or when you get home. They are available for a couple of weeks or month after your visit.

I would be more likely to buy more photos or a digital download once I got home. Though we do usually purchase one or two photos on board. I like to get the one with the map of the trip as a rememberance and then a formal pix if it is good.

I do wish the prices were lower and I think they would sell more of them--they are already printed so why not lower the price so people will buy more copies? Always seems like such a waste...

I've worked in a photo lab that had a Noritsu chemical-based minilab printer. The cost to create one picture is very low and while the paper is not recyclable, it can be incinerated to produce power.

I wish they would consider something like Disney parks do with their PhotoPass card. They take the photo and scan your photo card. You can look at them at your hotel or when you get home. They are available for a couple of weeks or month after your visit.

People are already annoyed by the lines getting off in a port because they are slowed down by the picture taking. Now add to that the amount of time it will take for passengers to take out their cruise cards (which they just put away while leaving the ship) and for them to be scanned/swiped. The lines would back up even more.

It also takes time to go around a dinner table where they take pictures multiple times during a cruise. It would take even longer if cruise cards have to be produced and scanned/swiped.

I'm not a hypocrit, nor am I a tree hugging fanatic...but there are extremes, like photos no one is going to buy. It's not like I'm protesting. As far as the 25,000 photos....if they take 10 photos of each pax, and you know you've seen 10 photos of you in the gallery...that's 25,000 photos. But, you can shrink that number by half, since most photos are two people. The singles and the families pretty much even out. So, that's 12,500 photos a cruise.

They may be of two people, but the pictures are often printed twice in different formats (for example, an embarkation photo will be printed once with just the background and a second time imposed on a map of the cruise).

That means you should change the 12,500 back to 25,000.

And when formal portraits are taken, there will be three pictures printed. One of the couple and one of each person by him/herself.

Well, they'd sell more to me! I rarely buy any of the $20+ photos; I'd probably buy 3-4 at $10.

I have to agree and to add I wish they would offer 5x7 prints for formal night. I have learned over the years that 8x10's just don't work when you get home. They get tossed in a drawer never to be seen again. It's much easier to display a 5x7 on an end table or shelf. The last time I purchased photos I scanned them to my computer and sent them to my mobile phone. At least they pop up on my screen saver every now and then. I have no idea where the originals are. I guess my kids will find them while they are cleaning out the house after DW and I are dead.

Yeah, but .... the goal isn't to maximize the number of pictures sold,

it's to maximize the profits whilst selling them.

Yes, but, as on our recent cruise, $20/photo x 0 photos bought is $0.

$10/photo x 3 photos bought (which I very well might have done) is $30.

There were a several photos I wanted, just not enough to pay $20 (or more) for them.

I'd like more 5x7 photos too, and even some smaller sizes. Maybe a collage of several of the trip photos, also.

Yes, but, as on our recent cruise, $20/photo x 0 photos bought is $0.

$10/photo x 3 photos bought (which I very well might have done) is $30.

There were a several photos I wanted, just not enough to pay $20 (or more) for them.

I'd like more 5x7 photos too, and even some smaller sizes. Maybe a collage of several of the trip photos, also.

I don't think that there is any question that Princess has the data

to analyze sales vs. price, and select the most profitable

price point. If they want to offer a lower price, or a package

price, all they have to do is try it out for a few weeks, and

they have thousands of data points on which to set a price.

Archived