CNN reporting another Carnival Ship having trouble (The Dream)

vinsheer

That's pretty funny. Why are you watching. Is there some gap you need them to fill in for you. I never even put the news on today/

Why do you care what I am watching? Has nothing to do with CNN and their misleading stories just like here. Typical.

Sorry. I don't watch CNN at all, but I was transfixed watching it all that day, and the video showed it all. I didn't feel dirty watching it, but watched in amazement at some trying to vilify CNN while protecting CCL. From what, I still don't know.

For lies and embellishments? Was pretty obvious to most.

For lies and embellishments? Was pretty obvious to most.

It is late and some have had cocktail or 2... Have you:p;)

You are a little over the top with your CCL support.............. almost SGT or JH level :eek:

I am just a little bit tiffed at the media about this whole issue. Anderson Cooper (whom I like usually) called it "another floating toilet", tonight on Anderson 360 and a female co-host called it "miserable"...

Why is it that the media will take the 1st negative report and make it the ONLY report and refuse to concede that its NOT as bad as the 1st person said it was. The AP has even talked to some of the passengers on the Dream who are saying its all lies, but other news outlets are ignoring those reports and are sticking with the whole "cruise from hell" and "human waste everywhere" story.

I haven't watched any news today thank you.

Seems idiotic to continue to watch a news channel that you think doesn't give factual information.

Seems pretty idiotic to comment on my wife watching Anderson Cooper to get an update on that girl and her murder trial.

You are a little over the top with your CCL support.............. almost SGT or JH level :eek:

What does cruising CCL have to do with CNN's reporting of the Triumph or Dream stories. Nothing. I'll just assume you didn't see any media reports of either story.

I am just a little bit tiffed at the media about this whole issue. Anderson Cooper (whom I like usually) called it "another floating toilet", tonight on Anderson 360 and a female co-host called it "miserable"...

Why is it that the media will take the 1st negative report and make it the ONLY report and refuse to concede that its NOT as bad as the 1st person said it was. The AP has even talked to some of the passengers on the Dream who are saying its all lies, but other news outlets are ignoring those reports and are sticking with the whole "cruise from hell" and "human waste everywhere" story.

Be careful. You'll now be attacked for catching that lie on cnn.

of course they should..and my guess is that they eventually will do that. Their vacations were ruined and they are certainly not going to just jump on these charter flights in a matter of minutes..there are 4000 pax and that will take time to move them...minimum 10 plane loads..probably more.

and as a poster mentioned earlier....what about those who refuse to fly and that is why they cruise?

I am not talking a medical evac emergency...where they might not be any choice...I am talking about those who just will not fly...and for some reason I get the feeling that those are the exact types that cruise..from a port that they can drive to.

Now, that issue should be interesting. Best guess, they will have to offload those pax to another cruise line or CCL ship that happens to call at St, Martin.

Does anyone really think CCL will force a fear of flying pax to get on a plane? Talk about liability....geez the pax could stroke out if forced on a plane....against their will.

I feel so much better reading this from a member. (See below)

"Cruise Critic member Zen88, who's onboard, weighed in via an e-mail sent from her iPad. "All is great. Having the best vacation ever. Enjoying ALL of the free beverages and fun. News is a total lie. Flying back to Orlando tomorrow or Sat. Really awesome place to be stranded! People are great. Carnival has been great and ship is fully functional...."

Ruined??? It doesn't sound like it to me....

I came home from work today and asked DH if he heard about the dream. He hadn't. I explained what had happened. His response was "I wish I was on that cruise...I would love extra time in St. Maarten vs days at sea. I don't see what the big deal is." I told him that was my feelings exactly.

While I do agree with RRRRAAAALLLLL CNN did sensationailize the Triumph situation

BUT>>>>Why does someone watch a program they dont agree with. CNN didnt really trash CCL this afternoon

My earlier post

What does cruising CCL have to do with CNN's reporting of the Triumph or Dream stories. Nothing. I'll just assume you didn't see any media reports of either story.

Remember what assume means

You really need to read the whole thread instead of blindly over reacting

"Don't worry, be happy." I extend my heartfelt sympathies to all aboard the Dream. It won't be easy but you will survive. Enjoy your fellow passengers as there is no other event in life like adversity to instantly bring complete strangers together as friends. Take this rare opportunity to see the best in those around you. Ask for help, if you need it, and they will respond. Share your fears, worries, frustrations and joys and they will be there with you. Never in your life will you see your fellow human beings fill your heart with such warmth as you will now and in any other life-altering event. That was the greatest experience I took away from the Carnival Triumph and 5 days adrift at sea. Seize the day!

I don't think there are many who need your sympathies....they are too busy enjoying St. Maarten.

Oh god, this is the most stupid argument ever. The refund is for the part of the cruise they missed. Also unlike Triumph, all the ships facilities are operating fine. They are getting flown back free as well. If I was a passenger I would be perfectly satisfied, if not a little disappointed my cruise had to end two days short. Let us not also forget the 50% off a future cruise as well.

I don't see why people think everyone should get a free cruise in this situation. Triumph and Splendor were definitely worthy of that, but this isn't.

They are being transported back to where they started from and where where they were supposed to end up at - something they did paid for. They are being transported by different means. ;)

O

Off topic! Sorry but very strange story about the broken engine attached to one of the wings, because that would take the plane considerably out of balance with all consequences and I have been an aviation freak looong before I became a cruise freak...I have seen 3 engines attached to a wing but purely for testing purposes.

Was sort of on topic as I was responding to a post where someone said the airlines have planes standing around for replacements, but I rambled on as I am wont to do :cool: Anyway, it 's a true story. I wish I'd taken pictures, but it was back before everyone had a phone with a camera. Was one of THE most bizarre things I've ever seen. I probably wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it.

Not so much CCL support, more like attacking CCL critics.

So.... I bring a lot of stuff on cruises because I usually drive. So 4,000 plus people, many of whom have far more than the allowable weight of baggage... And I assume St. Maarten can't handle jumbo jets... What a logistical nightmare it's going to be to get everybody back home.

Jumbo enough? :)

4704633896_7cabdf21f4_z.jpg

CNN's reporting is increasingly out of sync with the facts. If they're not careful they'll be called on it by another media outlet.

For people getting on a commercial flight I agree. For people getting on a charter, you are wrong.

I am not so sure about that. The reasons airlines make sure you have all valid documentation to enter the US is because if someone is turned back in the US, the airline has to fly the passenger back at their cost. The same should hold for a charter flight.

Ok now the Legend after the Dream today having problems thats three in a month sorry but shame on Carnival.

Question, if somebody has insurance and Carnival offers like some type of refund does the insurance also pay?

Does the insurance pay for flying home if the ship breaks down and does Carnival pay for the flights also?

Not so much CCL support, more like attacking CCL critics.

I don't think jonbgd even noticed your cruise history has an overwhelming lack of CCL ships on it. It goes to show how the critics here think that anyone saying anything positive about CCL has to be a "cheerleader". I personally thank you for your unbiased input.

I don't think jonbgd even noticed your cruise history has an overwhelming lack of CCL ships on it. It goes to show how the critics here think that anyone saying anything positive about CCL has to be a "cheerleader". I personally thank you for your unbiased input.

:)

Even if I have not sailed CCL, I appreciate the competition they provide to RCCL and NCL... it challenges them to raise their game and keeps prices in check.

CCL seems especially good at attracting the younger and/or first time cruiser demographic and that helps the whole industry.

Our local news channel just called it a "cruise nightmare" and stated that their generator failed....they neglected to say "back up" generator. They also made it point to mention backed up toilets and no power like it was a major issue. They are also saying to make sure you have "passport"..... They just lost a lot of the respect I had for them as a news source by buying into the sensationalism and exagerating the facts to promote this irrational fear of cruising:(.

Archived