Special Sail Away- 3/14/13-MS Prisendam

aliaschief

Nope; you'll get Capt. Andre van Schoonhoven, another really good one!

Thanks very much!:D We had the pleasure of Captain Gundersen last time. Looking forward to our new adventure and captain:D

Nope; you'll get Capt. Andre van Schoonhoven, another really good one!

Am I correct that HAL's rotations are about 6 months on and 6 off? Sounds likely that I will also have Captain van Schoonhoven on the November 22 Amazon Explorer. I've sailed with both, and while I prefer Captain Roberts, I'm perfectly happy with either one.

Roy

I'll be here later today for the sailaway! Jacqui, it must be exciting for you...knowing next time you'll be on her.

Yup, you gotta love it:D There's a number of our roll call here :D

Many of us have enjoyed the Ryndam's arrivals on the Key West webcam. The Seven Seas Navigator is just pulling up to the same berth Ryndam uses there.

Corrrection, the Navigator is actually going to the other berth, but still awsome views of the arrival.

Roy

Am I correct that HAL's rotations are about 6 months on and 6 off? Sounds likely that I will also have Captain van Schoonhoven on the November 22 Amazon Explorer. I've sailed with both, and while I prefer Captain Roberts, I'm perfectly happy with either one.

Roy

Roy; the current rotation is abut 3 mo on, 3 mo off

Roy; the current rotation is abut 3 mo on, 3 mo off

Thanks, that must actually be what I was thinking because otherwise my post makes no sense. If it was 6 and 6 as I said, Captain Roberts would have just been getting back on, not Captain Andre.

Roy

So, the webcam says it's 2 p.m., Cruise Critic says it's 1 p.m., and it's 11 a.m. here. Cruise Critic HQ has not yet adjusted for DST. Message to self: Ignore Cruise Critic! Enjoy sailaway!

You must be on Canadian time;)

So, the webcam says it's 2 p.m., Cruise Critic says it's 1 p.m., and it's 11 a.m. here. Cruise Critic HQ has not yet adjusted for DST. Message to self: Ignore Cruise Critic! Enjoy sailaway!

Check your profile under "User CP" > "Settings and Options" > "Edit Options" and scroll down to the bottom on the right to see "Date & Time Options" to see if you have set "Automatically detect DST settings" and see if that makes a difference. I doubt they do any time changing on the servers and database for CC and run them on GMT instead.

Thanks, Obnxshs, I checked that and it does say it will automatically check for DST, maybe it just takes a little while to get around to it. I will mentally adjust. Anyone else on the west coast getting the same time?

Thanks, Obnxshs, I checked that and it does say it will automatically check for DST, maybe it just takes a little while to get around to it. I will mentally adjust. Anyone else on the west coast getting the same time?

I'm at a loss then. I guess your computer's time is correct?

Jacqui, is your suite is just underneath the small "Prinsendam" sign just forward of the mast in dark blue with white letters? It seems to me it should be. :)

You are right on the money as usual Rich:) That's it:)

Checking back in. I have been out all afternoon. I am following the conversation on my iPad and watching the web cam on the desktop. Hope she departs on time because I have to leave again at 5:45 ADT. That's one hour ahead of Fort Lauderdale.

Archived