Carnival Legend having problems??

pixiedustdawn

On a serious note...if anyone has some actual information on the Legend please share. My husband and I are going on the Legend this Sunday - our first cruise ever. We have young children so the idea of being stranded away from them with issues makes me really nervous. Any advice?

On a serious note...if anyone has some actual information on the Legend please share. My husband and I are going on the Legend this Sunday - our first cruise ever. We have young children so the idea of being stranded away from them with issues makes me really nervous. Any advice?

I'm right there with you. We leave on Sunday on Freedom and pray that we don't have any problems at all. My 1yo will be home with my parents.

Well, this makes 3. Whew. Now I don't have to worry about Conquest in Sept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an end of August, September cruise so right there with you. But with the rate Carnival is going there is plenty of time to start another set of 3, and another, and another.

I just saw this posted on Events at Sea.

Thanks for posting!

Can you post a link? Just curious ... I don't necessarily believe info from the person who said their daughter is on board. No offense, but when someone posts that, and it's their only post, I'm hesitant to believe anything.

Also not sure I believe that the media wouldn't jump all over it by now if people on Cruise Critic know about it. I see nothing online (but feel free to provide a link, if there is one!)

Thanks!

We're supposed to be sailing on the Legend in 10 days too. I'm beyond pissed right now. Calling our travel agent tomorrow morning to figure out an alternative. I remember these same type of posts before the Triumph had her issues. Damn.

Patti

You're not going to get very far. As of now nothing is cancelled. You are under full penalty. They won't let you cancel on speculation that something will go wrong.

Sorry folks.

Carnival Legend is experiencing a technical issue with one of the ship's Azipod units that is affecting the vessel's sailing speed. The ship's safety systems and hotel services are all functioning normally.

The vessel made its scheduled call today in Mahogany Bay, Roatan, in addition to visiting Cozumel and Costa Maya earlier in the week. Because of the reduction in sailing speed, tomorrow's visit to Grand Cayman has been cancelled and the ship will proceed to its homeport of Tampa, where it is expected to arrive on Sunday as scheduled.

Guests on the current voyage will receive a $100 per person credit and a full refund on pre-purchased shore excursions for Grand Cayman. In addition, guests will receive 50 percent off a future Carnival cruise.

Carnival Legend is currently on the last leg of a seven-day Caribbean cruise that departed Tampa on Sunday, March 10.

Wow, Carnival better start looking at their equipment and "regular routine" test/inspections they do. Either someone isn't catching things, letting it slide, or isn't made as good as one would think to run a very large ship......I understand things break/go bad or whatever but come on, really? Minor problems or not, 3 ships in less than a month?

I do have to commend Carnival for getting people back to port or to a port before they're stranded at sea. I think they learned a lesson with the Triumph on that one. Wonder how many ships come back into port "with problems" but we never hear/heard about it? Only now, with any little problem, people are posting on Facebook, CC, etc.....

Carnival Legend is experiencing a technical issue with one of the ship's Azipod units that is affecting the vessel's sailing speed. The ship's safety systems and hotel services are all functioning normally.

The vessel made its scheduled call today in Mahogany Bay, Roatan, in addition to visiting Cozumel and Costa Maya earlier in the week. Because of the reduction in sailing speed, tomorrow's visit to Grand Cayman has been cancelled and the ship will proceed to its homeport of Tampa, where it is expected to arrive on Sunday as scheduled.

Guests on the current voyage will receive a $100 per person credit and a full refund on pre-purchased shore excursions for Grand Cayman. In addition, guests will receive 50 percent off a future Carnival cruise.

Carnival Legend is currently on the last leg of a seven-day Caribbean cruise that departed Tampa on Sunday, March 10.

Wow, Carnival better start looking at their equipment and "regular routine" test/inspections they do. Either someone isn't catching things, letting it slide, or isn't made as good as one would think to run a very large ship......I understand things break/go bad or whatever but come on, really? Minor problems or not, 3 ships in less than a month?

Not really....just lower prices or give OBC. This group will be all over that.

Where did this come from...I havent found anything

I am a seasoned cruiser. Been cruising since the early 80's. One of Carnivals most loyal. I'll be damned if I'm forced to take a cruise with known issues. We r taking first time cruisers with us, and I do not feel comfortable at all right now being a Carnival cheerleader for our friends. My husband and I are literally sick about this. Emailed our travel agent and also emailed John Heald. I know what my options are at this moment. Hoping I have more options by tomorrow. I would bet a large sum of money the next sailing is cancelled. Never ever thought I would be in a position like this days before a cruise.

In my opinion, the issues with the Triumph, Dream and now Legend are a "game changer" on how Carnival will have to deal with clients booked on sailings with known issues.

Where did this come from...I havent found anything

Carnival hasn't listed anything on their website, and the only place I did see it was on the Events at Sea website, but that was reported by a "reader". Plus that website is nicknamed "cruise junkie".

Not the dreaded "technical issue" again. I wish CCL would stop using that term, it makes it sound like they're hiding something. Better to say something like "the propeller on one of the azipods lost a bearing and had to be shut down, reducing the vessel's maximum speed".

Archived