Carnival Legend having problems??

pixiedustdawn

I called CCL and got the hotline for customer service to find out more. Waited 58 min but finally got through only to be told there are no known issues with the Legend. I shared what I had heard from a passenger and now am reading on CNN about the Legend, and they said it is usually on the CNN before the customer service people are informed! No exaggeration here, that is what he told me. I am new to cruising and just trying to find out what is going on since my daughter is on the ship and I have lost contact...but seems CCL has serious some work to do on preventing and handling these kinds of events.

For something like this I would not call CCL customer serivce. Better to check the CCL site for press releases, or Cruise Critic, or the media.

Regardless of who you are loyal to you have to admit that 3 different ships with issues in the same month is a problem. Is it enough to stop people from sailing with Carnival? Maybe, maybe not but they are deserving of all of the negative press they are getting. Sure, other lines have had issues but they happen on one ship, not 3, and the problems are isolated incidents as in once every 2-4 years. I am a firm believer in the old saying, "You get what you pay for" and if a balcony fare is less than $1k per person you have to know they're cutting costs somewhere in order to be able to afford that. I will gladly pay 10-25% for every sailing I take knowing that I'm getting on a ship that isn't the "Walmart of Cruising".

....and rightfully so.

CCL should be held accountable for the mechanical reliability of its ships.

However, there is too much emphasis on the state of toilets on board and the negative conditions on board the Dream are being exaggerated.

My heart goes out to Carnival Cruise Lines for all the unfavorable publicity they are getting right now.Maybe it will all blow over in a few months and people will forget which ships and which cruise line suffered the misfortunes.

Or maybe they won't forget because they keep hearing about Carnival over and over and over in such a negative light. Spaced repetition is a learning technique, so maybe folks will remember all the bad news about Carnival after all.

And unfortunately it should take these kinds of problems, across the fleet, for these to have addressed. They should be addressed when they are first seen, or bet yet, double checked if they're going unnoticed.

I agree with you there.

The Triumph had propulsion issues going back to December, reported multiple times on cruise critic. It may not be related to the fire that disabled the ship, but I am troubled by the fact that a ship has repeated propulsion issues without being taken out of service to fix it.

The problem is not the severity of these issues, the dream people are fine as I'm sure the legend people are with the ships having no power issues. The issue is now the fact that regardless of the specifics on board, three ships have now had mechanical problems in a month.

And when people see this type of thing it does make you question their maintenance.

If nothing else all this certainly doesn't lead one to believe CCL is maintenance proactive!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Briitini

How about not starting rumors unless you confirm with the source

cruzn buckeye=cruzn buckeye; They weren't starting rumors... they posted so they could find out if this is true :rolleyes:

Thank You cruzn buckeye! :)

What would have happened if the propulsion system failed on one of the ships trying to out run Hurricane Sandy? Scarey.

In the past, freighters have been caught in a storm with failed engines. They rode it out, but it was very uncomfortable.

In the past, freighters have been caught in a storm with failed engines. They rode it out, but it was very uncomfortable.

Freighters have alot less passengers and if the cargo falls in the ocean, oh well.

The biggest problem is that obviously help would take forever to show up, you'd just have to hope they took the correct angle to get around the storm and that the storm didn't do anything it wasn't supposed to.

Of course someone on here would just say it was like riding the Rockin' Tug at the kiddie amusement pier.

I just got a news "update" on my iPhone with a link to a video where the newscaster is stating that the Legend will not be back to the port of Tampa until "Sunday evening" ~ I don't know where he got that information but he says a few other things I haven't read on here yet, too.

The newscast is from ABCAction News.com http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/news/another-carnival-cruise-ship---this-one-departing-from-tampa---has-an-issue-affecting-the-ship

If his "evening" information is correct, this could definitely change or halt next week's sailing... :confused:

As 11:47 pm it looks like there are no confirmed reports from reliable sources aka CCL about Legend........

Not trying to bash anything, but in current context, the use of "reliable" and CCL in the same sentence, just made me smile. :o

(ugh!) It was just on Central FL News 13. News 13 said Legend was having technical issues and it is affecting speed...pax safety and comfort are not being affected. :rolleyes: They will miss Grand Cayman and head to home port. The pax will receive $100 credit and 50% off future cruise.

Unfortunately after waking up this morning and reading the news this from our local network, I can't help but second guess any future bookings with Carnival. I have a cruise in April on the Victory and one in December on the Imagination. After those two I really don't know what I will do for vacations to be honest.

Carnival really needs to dig deep and figure this out because others like myself, solid carnival customers, are second guessing how the company conducts its business!

Seems like a manufacturer's defect or something with these propulsion systems. Did they reach their "100k mile" warranty or what?

Is that in "Nautical Miles"? Could make a difference.

Wouldn't want any confusion for Carnival when they try and get the repairs under warranty.....:D

Is that in "Nautical Miles"? Could make a difference.

Wouldn't want any confusion for Carnival when they try and get the repairs under warranty.....:D

Seriously, who is the mechanic working on these ships, my cousin Angelo? You know the type that uses duct tape to fix EVERYTHING! :confused:

Archived