Naughty room? what did you get sent for?

vols_159

On our POA cruise, my son's suitcase was detained in the naughty room. When my husband and son returned from retrieving it, they were having a good laugh. It seems the x-ray machine picked up several metal water bottles that my son and daughter packed together in his suitcase. He had to open the suitcase to prove that they were in fact water bottles packed side by side and not a bomb! At least that's what the naughty room crew told them... :eek::p

My husband forgot that a diving knife was packed in a suitcase with his snorkeling gear.

Yep, we were called down to the naughty room. They said he could take the knife off the ship to snorkel but they would hold onto it in the meantime.

We never did use the knife, but for the first few times we left the ship and every time we returned, the beeper went off. We had to explain why the beeper would go off because apparently the reason was not in the system. Once they even asked if he had a pacemaker.

On our POA cruise, my son's suitcase was detained in the naughty room. When my husband and son returned from retrieving it, they were having a good laugh. It seems the x-ray machine picked up several metal water bottles that my son and daughter packed together in his suitcase. He had to open the suitcase to prove that they were in fact water bottles packed side by side and not a bomb! At least that's what the naughty room crew told them... :eek::p

And this was *after* the suitcase was already on board and the ship sailed? Doesn't make me feel very safe!

My MIL once had her luggage checked for having a small, metal travel alarm clock stuffed in a shoe. Apparently, looked like a shoe bomb under the x-ray! :eek:

She has cruised since that incident and now makes sure that her travel alarm clock is located well away from her shoes!

And this was *after* the suitcase was already on board and the ship sailed? Doesn't make me feel very safe!

LOL-We were laughing so hard that this never even occurred to us, but you are so right! :rolleyes:

What made it even more amusing at the time was that my daughter had joined us in Hawaii after a six-week study abroad in Australia. She brought with her a bottle of Australian liquor. We totally forgot and packed it in a suitcase. I realized this after we had checked our luggage so I told the guy at the desk as we were checking in that we had unintentionally packed the bottle and intended to not drink it on board, but were bringing it home at the end of our trip. He said not to worry about it-that it would be confiscated and returned to us at the end of the cruise. Imagine our surprise when we opened our suitcase (one that was not delayed in the naughty room) and there it was...The liquor made it through the x-ray check, but the water bottles did not! :D

Do you really think the would bring that bag on board if they thought there was a bomb in it:rolleyes:

Do you really think the would bring that bag on board if they thought there was a bomb in it:rolleyes:

I would hope not...As I said, this is what the Naughty Room crew told my husband and son. They didn't question or even look at anything else in the suitcase besides the metal water bottles.

Apparently, they were not the only ones to have this experience - Read back five posts from yours to see that Pitzel had a similar story...

I agree with tweakes - It certainly doesn't make me feel very safe... :confused:

Re-usable water bottles and things like that will normally trip the alarm for the naughty room. This is because, as was said, the x-ray machine cannot tell if it is empty or not.

Bottled water will normally not cause a problem, unless the seal has been broken. You wouldn't believe how much vodka is unsuccessfully smuggled onboard in Desani bottles, both by passengers and crew.

Were you allowed to keep the water? I thought it was okay to bring our own water/soda on board??

Yes, they giggled and apologized for placing me in time out for water. LOL

All of my water bottles were still factory sealed, so I had no issues other than having to go to the Naughty Room to pick up my suitcase.

Archived