Question for former crew members about signing off.

Aurori

This is the best advice...

Yes, I agree. Her next step was to locate the DPA the next time they stopped in Miami had the situation not been resolved prior. Thankfully it worked out and no further escalation was needed. I just wish they had HR on every ship. I know they are working on that though, so cheers to them! ;)

Just for the sake of clarity, the comments on escalating the situation to the DPA in this particular circumstance are incorrect. The DPA responsibilities are not defined in a such a way to include minor conflicts, and these should be escalated through the correct Human Resources channels. Also appreciate that the company DOES NOT have to oblige in the situation described in the OP's posts, this is a privilage, not a right.

The DPA is there as a connection between the crew and shore, primarily in situations relating to safety and pollution. It is a very serious role, not to belittled with minor conflicts between crew onboard. The Carnival company has proper procedures in place to escalate this situation, which were followed. The involved of John simply expedited the resolution.

Archived