Will they make it to the ship?

k2

If a flight is scheduled to arrive in New Orleans at 12:30 is there enough time to make it to the Conquest before it sails? (assuming no delays in flight times) Friends booked this and I am just wondering if we will miss them on the cruise :confused:

If a flight is scheduled to arrive in New Orleans at 12:30 is there enough time to make it to the Conquest before it sails? (assuming no delays in flight times) Friends booked this and I am just wondering if we will miss them on the cruise :confused:

My mom went in February and booked her air through Carnival. Her arrival time in NOLA was supposed to be 12:30 and she made it to the ship in plenty of time. They even took Carnival shuttle. As a matter of fact, I have a text from her about beer prices at 1:58. And weather had been bad around that time, with record snow storms in some areas. The weather is improving mostly, so hopefully that will help. And I do not think the airport is really far from the pier. I myself would not do it, I would be a nervous wreck. Hopefully they have travel insurance, just in case.

This is what Carnival's web site has to say on the subject, re: New Orleans

What are the flight guidelines for the latest airport arrival flights?

Latest Flight Arrival:

Arrivals into the New Orleans Airport: 2:00pm

Seems to me, that they will be OK if all goes as planned. Otherwise they are gambling on there being no delay longer than an hour and a half.

I live in New Orleans...there is one main route into the City (I-10) and if there is an accident if forces traffic over to Airline Highway which would make her 1230 arrival alittle too close for comfort IMHO

The smart cruiser always arrives in town at least one day early to prevent flight delays or cancellations from causing you to miss the ship! :eek: Plus, who would not enjoy a night in New Orleans! :D

We sailed out of New Orleans last September, we always fly in a day early, however there were two groups on our flight that were sailing out that day. We had a 4 hour delay in Kansas City and didn't get to New Orleans until about 4:30. We were okay with that but one of the groups was very upset (can't blame them) but they were hollering at the desk clerk as if it were her fault. The other group, after they announced an hour delay, took off and I'm guessing found another airline that would get them there in time. We felt sorry for the group that hung around waiting for the delayed flight.

Archived