We Will Never Cruise With RCI Again

Did I do it right?

You did it right and if you click on the quoted material - see the little sort of "arrow" thing in the corner of it - it will take you directly to that original quote. I clicked on your example and you did it perfectly. :)

OP knew the deal, and wants this thread to get past 7 pages...

No, it was I who mentioned the 7 pages in post 11, not OP. :)

Wait, isn't Listerine 25% alcohol? Anyone know some good Listerine cocktail recipes? I want to get drunk and wake up with fresh breath.

The Listerini

2 oz. Absolut vodka

1 oz. Tanqueray gin

1 oz. Listerine

2 sprigs parsley (for fresh breath, of course!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by need_a_holiday viewpost.gif

Wait, isn't Listerine 25% alcohol? Anyone know some good Listerine cocktail recipes? I want to get drunk and wake up with fresh breath.

The Listerini

2 oz. Absolut vodka

1 oz. Tanqueray gin

1 oz. Listerine

2 sprigs parsley (for fresh breath, of course!)

Like. I'll drink to that!:)

I've been to the "Naughty" room

for Diet Coke. (Very well could

of been Beer) Cruise lines are

Not allowed to search bags as

TSA's do, that's why you must

be present to open your bags.

I chalked it up to experiences

and learned from it. I will say

this, the Cookies NCL had in

that room were Delicious. :)

Tapatalk via iPhone5

to the OP:

have you gotten anything from RCCI yet? you started this thread hoping they would read it and feel bad for you and offer you something free, have you gotten some OBC for your next cruise or maybe an upgrade?

hundreds have tried it before you, it's so easy to spot around here. oh, and it doesn't work.

I am quite amazed by some of the vitriol displayed to the OP for making a statement. If crew members were rude, which is what the OP seems to think, I do not think that this is acceptable. It doesn't matter if 'he should have known better', 'he was an experienced cruiser' etc etc, it still does not justify rudeness.

I don't know the circumstances in this particular case, but I have seen 'security' people become overzealous and rude on occasions and as someone who has been in charge of security for a large business, I don't believe rudeness is ever acceptable.

On a recent cruise with RCI one of our bags did not show up to our cabin by 7pm so I went to inquire and was told the bag had been "confiscated" because it had alcohol it in. I was then led to a little room by a very unpleasnt employee and instructed to open the bag so they could see what was in it. While several employees stood staring at me I got down on the floor and opened the bag and showed them two bottles of wine. Their published policy allows two bottles of wine per cabin. I was then told ok you can take your bag now (with the wine inside) and I was left to schlep the bag all the way to my cabin. Throughout this episode I was never offered any apology or kind word by any of them.

We are vetern cruisers on many different lines. I'm not at all happy about this encounter and it will be my last RCI cruise.

Okay.

I guess by the posts on this Thread, the OP has had second thoughts on their experience. If they are so adamant they did nothing wrong or silly they have not been back to explain their actions. I think we are seeing a little bit of hiding and will return when all quite and forgot. :D:D

I guess by the posts on this Thread, the OP has had second thoughts on their experience. If they are so adamant they did nothing wrong or silly they have not been back to explain their actions. I think we are seeing a little bit of hiding and will return when all quite and forgot. :D:D

Alternatively they wanted to share their experience (vent) about it, and/or get feedback on why or whether they should give RCI a second chance. With some of the responses on this thread, that might now be doubtful.

I don't know folks, instead of criticizing the OP maybe we should take a look ay RCI policy? The FAQ's clearly state that RCI follows TSA guidelines so would not you be breaking the rules carrying wine on board? Just follow the link in post #40.

"Please Note: All guests must comply with TSA guidelines for transporting liquids."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On a recent cruise with RCI one of our bags did not show up to our cabin by 7pm so I went to inquire and was told the bag had been "confiscated" because it had alcohol it in. I was then led to a little room by a very unpleasnt employee and instructed to open the bag so they could see what was in it. While several employees stood staring at me I got down on the floor and opened the bag and showed them two bottles of wine. Their published policy allows two bottles of wine per cabin. I was then told ok you can take your bag now (with the wine inside) and I was left to schlep the bag all the way to my cabin. Throughout this episode I was never offered any apology or kind word by any of them.

We are vetern cruisers on many different lines. I'm not at all happy about this encounter and it will be my last RCI cruise.

It should have been in your carry-on. This is not unusual. They allow two bottles of wine but they do not allow other liquor so they needed you to show them that it was wine. I do believe that once you showed them though that they should have brought your suitcase up to your room and you should not have had to do that.

It should have been in your carry-on. This is not unusual. They allow two bottles of wine but they do not allow other liquor so they needed you to show them that it was wine. I do believe that once you showed them though that they should have brought your suitcase up to your room and you should not have had to do that.

I was called to the naughty room once to prove that I was over 21. I was so busy laughing I didn't notice the attitude of the staff. I was also so glad to see my missing suitcase I was glad to take it back to the room myself.

To the OP I am truly sorry that that one event started your cruise on a sorry note. I hope you were able to move on and enjoy your cruise. I am a Loyal Royal but believe everyone should be where they are happiest. Good luck in your search for the perfect cruise line.

I was then led to a little room by a very unpleasnt employee .... I was never offered any apology or kind word by any of them.

I've been to the "naughty room". Your description doesn't pass muster. They do this with dozens of bags every trip. It's a routine, standard part of departure day for the crew. They are not unpleasant. In fact, they are very friendly and even apologetic about it.

On the other hand, in most circumstances when people come on here and talk about the crew being rude, I am fairly convinced that the crew demeanor is nothing but a reflection of the individual they are dealing with.

If the crew was unfriendly and unapologetic, I'm guessing the OP was being a real jerk the whole time. He (or she) sounds pretty entitled.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1761303

On Jan. 5th 2913 you posted this question "continue our usual liquor routines on the Brilliance?"

Reply #5 described what would and what did happen.

What did you expect?

Interesting. They must have forgot about their previous thread?

I admit I would be upset if I had to drag my luggage up for no good reason. However, if I had 2 bottles of wine in my luggage I would only be angry with myself. Especially with the advice from other CCers posted in the link above.

Now if I forgot that I asked about it earlier, the elevator ride to the naughtier room would jog my collective memory. For me it would embarrassment that my wife and I would joke about. There would be no way that I would post about it and relive it here again on the boards.

On the other hand, in most circumstances when people come on here and talk about the crew being rude, I am fairly convinced that the crew demeanor is nothing but a reflection of the individual they are dealing with.

If the crew was unfriendly and unapologetic, I'm guessing the OP was being a real jerk the whole time. He (or she) sounds pretty entitled.

This is what I assume too.

My question to the OP (although I'm sure it will go unanswered at this point) is, did you complain to guest relations after the incident? If you did, what did they say? My guess would be an apology.

I don't know folks, instead of criticizing the OP maybe we should take a look ay RCI policy? The FAQ's clearly state that RCI follows TSA guidelines so would not you be breaking the rules carrying wine on board? Just follow the link in post #40.

"Please Note: All guests must comply with TSA guidelines for transporting liquids."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RCI needs to explain in the "rules" that the wine should be in carry on luggage only so we wouldn't have to rely on CC for information.

Oh wait-we always have to rely on CC for information:D!

As I posted above RCI's FAQ's say quite the opposite, To me TAS Guidelines means no liquids:eek: in carry-ons!

This guy(or girl) has been totally busted by the experienced sleuths on Cruise Critic. I'm always amazed when someone is clearly trying to get around the rules, then blames the cruise line when they're questioned. Would they complain about a cop who was "rude" when pulling them over for speeding? Never mind...they probably would:rolleyes:

Archived