Best All-Inclusive Resort

starfishee

I'm looking for input as to which all-inclusive resort is the best if we're stopping for the day on a cruise and plan to get a resort day pass and why. Comments regarding best beaches, activities, food & service would be greatly appreciated!

I'm looking for input as to which all-inclusive resort is the best if we're stopping for the day on a cruise and plan to get a resort day pass and why. Comments regarding best beaches, activities, food & service would be greatly appreciated!

There are many all-inclusives in Cozumel. It would help if you let us know what you are looking for in the way of activities and whether you will have children with you or not.

If you have no kids and just want a quiet (limited to 100 guests per day), relaxing day on the beach with good food, drinks and service then check out Nachi Cocom.

If you want a little more action, or have kids who want to play on the inflatables in the water (while you enjoy good drinks and food :D), then focus on Mr. Sanchos.

Taxi to either is about the same as are the admisison fees. Good luck! :)

If you have no kids and just want a quiet (limited to 100 guests per day), relaxing day on the beach with good food, drinks and service then check out Nachi Cocom.

If you want a little more action, or have kids who want to play on the inflatables in the water (while you enjoy good drinks and food :D), then focus on Mr. Sanchos.

Taxi to either is about the same as are the admisison fees. Good luck! :)

I agree. We've been to Nachi Cocom before and have just booked it again for our Allure cruise in July. $55 each and the taxi is about $15 - 20 each way. It was a lovely peaceful day. Food was great and so were the drinks - cocktails, bottles of Corona and Sol beer and plenty of Jack Daniels! A nice swim up bar and restaurant area, although we stayed on the beach and had waiter service there all day. It's not suitable for kids as there's nothing for them to do but if you're looking for a quiet peaceful day it's great. They also limit guests to 100 per day so it's never crowded.

I was more interested in a day pass for Secrets Aura Coz or Cozumel Palace or the likes. My boyfriend has never been to an all-inclusive resort, so I wanted him to experience one for the day in hopes that he'll like it and want to plan a trip to one. Really just looking to relax & enjoy the sun, i'd like to get some snorkeling in. We really like the beach, so we're interested in where the nicest beaches are.

• 4 weeks later...

WARNING FOR FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN VISITING MR SANCHOS

My family visited Mr Sanchos last Tuesday while in Cozumel. My daughter is 13 and my son is 10. We arrived at Mr Sanchos around noon, the waves were a bit rough so we decided to stay near the pool. When we arrived I noticed a group of ladies in the pool and they were a bit loud and dancing around...no big deal. As the day went on these ladies were getting louder and a bit more crazy ( again no biggie) but their language got a little bit out of hand (again no biggie just told the kids to ignore it). I was not too concerned until three of the women felt that it was ok to flash their breasts at everyone in the pool....including my children. I told the kids to just ignore them and face the other direction. I mentioned to the ladies that there were kids in the pool but they were too drunk to care and continued their drunken love feast on each other. At that point a couple of the ladies then thought it would be a great idea to stand around the pool and dance as if they were stripers! It was then I noticed the staff members laughing and taking pictures of these woman. In fact one of the pictures in on the Mr Sanchos facebook page! After their little dance they got back into the pool and decided to "breastfeed" off of one another (trying not to be too graphic here). Basically bare breasted body shots without the liquor! When all of this went down their male friends/husbands decided to join in on the fun and hoot and holler about it as well. So of course my kids are looking around to see what all of the fuss is about and seen most of it. There were staff members around watching this the whole time and no one said a word to them. At that point we gathered our things and headed back into town. My children saw more boobs and nipples that day then they had all of their lives! Not to mention the other acts they witnessed. I am in no way a prude, I was upset that my children had to see that. If it were just myself and hubby that day I would have just laughed it off but I do not want another family with children to have to explain that type of bahavior to their kids. I seen several other acts and overheard a lot more that I can't even mention due to the content.

On a side note the food was good and the drinks were great! I hate that all of this happened but I feel like the staff could have asked the ladies to keep their breast in their bathing suits and their hands above the water!

We visited Nachi a couple of years ago with our kids and had a wonderful time. Nothing like what we saw at Mr. Sanchos!

Archived