Holland America Luggage Tags

cabinluvn

I splurged and bought the Holland America luggage tags and they are beautiful. However, I am doing the final packing for our sail-away on Friday and for the life of me cannot figure out how to attach them to our luggage. The strap is too short to shove the tag through and the tag is too rigid to bend to squeeze through. Am I missing something?

2142425854_ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1363729515.269048.jpg.bd24c1001ce25dcd5f12a7786bb6e0e7.jpg

No it is a rigid blue with a non stretchy strap. I called Holland America and they referred me to the vendor. It appears they changed the tag and the strap does not work with this one. Not sure how they are going to resolve it. Guess I will just use a rubber band for this trip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Do you have the "vintage poster" type? Mine will bend enough to slip through the loop: (click to enlarge)

Is this the kind HAL mailed out to 4 stars a few years back?

Loved mine until one was ripped off on boarding. The cabin steward kindly left it on top of the bag on the bed, but it is not fixable.

I guess I can put on a leather tag as well, just in case.

Guess I will just use a rubber band for this trip.

I suggest a "cable tie" would be stronger

Loved mine until one was ripped off on boarding.

Yes. One of my four broke the second cruise I used them.

[ATTACH]264957[/ATTACH]

No it is a rigid blue with a non stretchy strap. I called Holland America and they referred me to the vendor. It appears they changed the tag and the strap does not work with this one. Not sure how they are going to resolve it. Guess I will just use a rubber band for this trip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Use a zip tie but put a nail clipper or something you can cut with in the bag if you want to remove the tags after the luggage is delivered to your cabin.

You know - a thought crossed my mind (scary I know)

people miss the good old days when they sent you your blue folder and luggage tags (thank heavens I kept my blue folders - I LOVE them).

But, for those that get upgrades or upsells - they can quickly change their luggage tag with this system. Yes, I know, you can get them at the port but that's the last thing on our minds and I suspect the last on others.

Loved mine until one was ripped off on boarding. The cabin steward kindly left it on top of the bag on the bed, but it is not fixable.

I guess I can put on a leather tag as well, just in case.

I really liked those tags and I used them for a while but a few cracked and I didn't want to destroy them all so stopped using them. :o

They are attractive and nice in my 'HAL Collection'.

The vendor called me back to say that someone else would have to contact me and he gave them my number. Of course, they haven't called. But I did get an email from Holland America with step by step instructions on how to apply a luggage tag...guess they figure I am an idiot and just don't know how to attach one. I emailed him back and told him that they should maybe refrain from selling anymore until the problem is fixed. A first time HA customer might be really ticked off. I am going to use the zip tie suggestion. In the long run it will probably last longer. It is an attractive tag and I am excited to flag my luggage with it.

I splurged and bought the Holland America luggage tags and they are beautiful. However, I am doing the final packing for our sail-away on Friday and for the life of me cannot figure out how to attach them to our luggage. The strap is too short to shove the tag through and the tag is too rigid to bend to squeeze through. Am I missing something?

Been there. Done that. However, I did discover that they are actually not too rigid to bend. It took some effort but it did work. I agree however, a totally lame design. :)

Use a zip tie but put a nail clipper or something you can cut with in the bag if you want to remove the tags after the luggage is delivered to your cabin.

I use zip-ties for "locking" my bags on the airlines, and struggled with nail clippers for opening them. But I later learned a pencil or pen will do the trick. If you've left a bit of area in your loop, you take a sturdy pen or pencil, put it in the loop and twist away - it will break (the zip-tie, not the pen).

Cheers!

I use zip-ties for "locking" my bags on the airlines, and struggled with nail clippers for opening them. But I later learned a pencil or pen will do the trick. If you've left a bit of area in your loop, you take a sturdy pen or pencil, put it in the loop and twist away - it will break (the zip-tie, not the pen).

Cheers!

Great tip.

Good to remember. :)

TSA once cut zip tie off one of our bags but they replaced it when they were done inspecting ...... or someone did. When we got the suitcase, it had a different color zip tie than I had put on.

Do you have the "vintage poster" type? Mine will bend enough to slip through the loop: (click to enlarge)

I'm very interested in the tag you showed in the picture of the "vintage poster" tag but I can't find it anywhere on the Holland website. In fact, I can't find any luggage tags!

Can someone post a link?

Many thanks!

I'm very interested in the tag you showed in the picture of the "vintage poster" tag but I can't find it anywhere on the Holland website. In fact, I can't find any luggage tags!

Can someone post a link?

Many thanks!

I used to have it, but can't find it at the moment. I'll look some more.

When you're within 50 days of a cruise and can print your edocs a link will show up next to the place where you print your bag tags.

Here's what three of them look like - my 4th one broke on the 2nd cruise that I used it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=265224&d=1363911810

1389541433_DSCN7300(800x600).jpg.b3494d745549e0aedc3b2060f369ecaf.jpg

I found the link, but apparently they don't sell the historic/vintage type anymore. They probably had too many complaints of them breaking too easily.

https://shops3.directedje.com/HALstore/catalog.asp

Edit: Good news! There's a set on e-bay for "$15 Now" or best bid over $10.

2+ days left and no bids yet. They look like they're on the original sheet, and haven't been used. CLICK HERE

Thanks to Sail and JTL513! I had previously ordered the blue vinyl tags before our first cruise two years ago but couldn't remember how I'd found them. I'll try again when we're down to 50 days as you suggested unless someone else comes up with another idea.

Just saw your update about ebay.

Again, many thanks!

Archived