Regatta

CJCAMom

Does anyone have pictures of the staterooms on the Regatta? I want to take my family to Alaska but I use a wheelchair. I am good at making do but it would be nice to know what I have to work with.

Thanks

Does anyone have pictures of the staterooms on the Regatta? I want to take my family to Alaska but I use a wheelchair. I am good at making do but it would be nice to know what I have to work with.

Thanks

The Oceania has very good photos of all the types of rooms under explore ships.

Thanks

If you will need to use the chair when you are in the cabin, then I would suggest booking at least a Penthouse.

Regatta-Penthouse-Suite.jpg

Below that level, the staterooms are really too tight to maneuver while in a wheelchair and the three "Handicapped Accessible" cabins down on Deck 4 are all Inside Rooms, not ideal for Alaska.

r-veranda-cabin.jpgRegatta-Class-Inside-Stateroom.jpg

much better photo of Penthouse than on web,do you have one of the bathroom too?

Have PH booked for Sept.(have only been on Insignia).Do you know if Library similar?Loved the NEW BOOKS offered.

Know you re "experts",can you tell me if soda,water,coffee(specialty) all extra?Not getting drinks pkg.

ANy Regatta info would really help.;)

much better photo of Penthouse than on web,do you have one of the bathroom too?

Have PH booked for Sept.(have only been on Insignia).Do you know if Library similar?Loved the NEW BOOKS offered.

Know you re "experts",can you tell me if soda,water,coffee(specialty) all extra?Not getting drinks pkg.

ANy Regatta info would really help.;)

The Regatta Insignia & Nautica are all the same

So if you have been on the Insignia the Regatta will feel like home;)

Only alcoholic beverages are extra charge

Doubledobles beat me to the punch, however:

100825.jpg100953.jpg This is the bathroom of a Penthouse 2 on the Regatta.

The libraries of the Insignia, Nautica and Regatta are identical.

102128.jpg102142.jpg

Oceania Cruise guests always enjoy unlimited complimentary soft drinks, bottled water, specialty coffees, teas and juices on every sailing.

My husband uses a Luggie Scooter and we found the deluxe Ocean View 7006 and 7007 a little larger than the norm. They have a large porthole insteas of a window. There was room for the scooter but the doorway was a tight squeeze. The bathroom was not a walk in shower so some mobility is required. The only handicapped rooms are quite large but are all inside Cabins. I couls find to photos if those rooms but they are the same size as the normal cabins with about 2 feet extra under the porthole.

~Doris~

If I can fold my chair and use a cane in my room how would I do in a standard balcony room? My biggest worry is the bathroom. I'm sure I can ask for a shower chair, but will it work?

I seriously doubt that you could fit a shower chair in the very small shower. I am glad that I am able to fit my body in there when standing upright! Perhaps Jim can post a picture for you but the entire bathroom is very small, and also is up one step.

Pam

The handicapped accessible (inside cabins) on the "R" ships have bathtubs. So, can you step into the tub?

The showers, as has been said, in the standard veranda cabins are very small. No way to have a stool inside.

In November 2005 we had luckily upgraded at the last minute to the Owner's Suite which became necessary because I blew out my knee in Barcelona the day before boarding and was in a wheelchair or using crutches to get around.

In the OS (or a Vista) there was enough room to maneuver around the cabin in the wheelchair but I don't think the Penthouse as suggested by Jim&Stan would have been sufficient. If you can manage with a cane, then it would suffice. But again, you'd have to be able to step into the tub to take a shower. Yes, a stool could fit in there but I don't know if they have them available. They probably do, I just never asked for one.

The question is can you get around in the room on your own without using the wheelchair?

The OS/Vista Suites have a jacuzzi tub/shower that you need to be able to step into but I was able to with my knee problems, even though I had trouble walking. So that is another consideration.

While I'm not a fan of NCL, a friend on our cruise just loved the shower in their handicapped accessible room. Of course, I believe we were on ships built more recently than the "R" ships.

Mura

Mura: Step over a tub, no. Walk around the cabin with cane, yes. Maybe I should get the inside room for taking showers and such and stick my son and step-dad in there to sleep and Mom and I, who need light to wake up, sleep in a balcony room.

Any more pictures would be great. Thanks everyone.

I'm not surprised! I know that my brother-in-law, who we wanted to take with us on the Alaska cruise, wouldn't have been able to do a tub (after a stroke).

It's always surprised me that a "handicapped accessible" room would have a tub, not a shower, but these ships were built before we were as aware of the needs for handicapped people.

NCL is advanced here because when we did a TA on the GEM in April 2010, a friend who uses a scooter to get around said the shower in this handicapped accessible room was better than the shower he had at home.

At least the Oceania balcony room has a shower, no matter how small! (That is, too small for me!)

Mura

Archived