Riviera Floor oceanview pictures

SuperGrace2002

Good morning yall,

I have been debating an upgrade for my cabin - i can upgrade to the same floor from interior to oceanview for the same price. My dad says that i shouldnt really sweat the room as all ill be spending time in there is to sleep - but when we were thinking of booking i wanted a porthole room because i could see out which i thought would be cool. I know i am probabaly over anazlying - i do that best.

Does anyone happen to have any pictures of how close that window is to the water?

Ill be on Carnival Ecstasy in April.

Thanks for your help.

~Grace~

the window is not the close to the water. there are several more decks below the Riveria deck.

http://crociereuk.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/sensationbalconies11.jpg

the first row of windows is the riveria deck. the windows do not open.

the oceanview room is a little bit bigger then the inside cabin. (i think they are 220 where the inside is 185)

you get natural light. inside cabins will be total darkness 24/7

Good morning yall,

I have been debating an upgrade for my cabin - i can upgrade to the same floor from interior to oceanview for the same price. My dad says that i shouldnt really sweat the room as all ill be spending time in there is to sleep - but when we were thinking of booking i wanted a porthole room because i could see out which i thought would be cool. I know i am probabaly over anazlying - i do that best.

Does anyone happen to have any pictures of how close that window is to the water?

Ill be on Carnival Ecstasy in April.

Thanks for your help.

~Grace~

I would do it in a heartbeat for the same price! The light is great, and you can easily look out to see the ocean or if the boat is in port. I've stayed on the first and second deck and there isn't a whole lot of difference.

First deck:

P1010322.jpg

Second deck:

IMG_0059.jpg

I would do it in a heartbeat for the same price! The light is great, and you can easily look out to see the ocean or if the boat is in port. I've stayed on the first and second deck and there isn't a whole lot of difference.

First deck:

P1010322.jpg

Second deck:

IMG_0059.jpg

Awesome pictures. thanks. i put my requested in it actually will be $40 less so that would be great. hoping i get it i think it will be awesome. ill have front row seats to seeing any dolphins :D thanks again yall.

First deck:

P1010322.jpg

Second deck:

IMG_0059.jpg

Thank you for posting the pictures!

I have to have at least an oceanview cabin. I am a bit chlostrophobic (SP?) so an inside cabin is not even an option for me, and I think being able to see out helps for motion sickness. I have had one OV cabin on the Fantasy and I loved it. I could see out whenever I wanted and the window was good sized. I'd do one again in a heartbeat! Enjoy your cabin!

Here are a few for you to ponder. Personally, I would take the window. It is nice being able to see what’s going on outside. Our DD and GD sailed with us on the Miracle, they had an interior and GD came over most every morning to sit in the window well. It’s also nice being able to see the weather conditions when you get in port…..

http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab141/ffmikey-CS/Miracle%20Cruise%20B2B%20Jan%202012/Miracle026.jpg

http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab141/ffmikey-CS/Miracle%20Cruise%20B2B%20Jan%202012/wing042.jpg

http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab141/ffmikey-CS/Miracle%20Cruise%20B2B%20Jan%202012/wing045.jpg

the window is not the close to the water. there are several more decks below the Riveria deck.

http://crociereuk.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/sensationbalconies11.jpg

the first row of windows is the riveria deck. the windows do not open.

the oceanview room is a little bit bigger then the inside cabin. (i think they are 220 where the inside is 185)

you get natural light. inside cabins will be total darkness 24/7

Cabins on the Fantasy class are all the same 185sqft. There are a few exceptions.

What rate are you booked under?

we booked under early saver back in July last year. and have steadly gotten price drops with no problem. I put in over the web for an upgrade but never got anything back so i called my person that is listed on the bottom of the emails they sent out and she upgraded it for me i had $120 of OBC and to upgrade room it was an additional $20 so she took $20 off my OBC to upgrade.

I love Oceanview on Rivera deck. I've seen Glow-in-the-dark flying fish at night.
And I hear you can see a lot more in big rolling swells

when the water comes up to and over those big picture windows

and you get a free view of the aquarium!

And THAT Virginia..

is why Decks 1 and 2 picture windows in OceanView category

remained not just closed -but sealed! :)

• 4 weeks later...
And I hear you can see a lot more in big rolling swells

when the water comes up to and over those big picture windows

and you get a free view of the aquarium!

And THAT Virginia..

is why Decks 1 and 2 picture windows in OceanView category

remained not just closed -but sealed! :)

Lol... I remember we were entertained leaving Halifax on the Victory years ago during the remnants of a tropical storm. We had an OV on Main deck and with 25ft swells it was crazy! It was all fun until we had bright idea of going to lido deck and thats when the motion sickness reared its ugly head. Lets just say the dining rooms were very empty that night.

Archived