Secrets of the Glory

shellsd

• 4 weeks later...
I am boarding Glory TOMORROW (July 29, 2013)!!!! :D I sailed on her last summer, right before her 2.0 upgrades, so I am anxious to see the "new and improved" version! ;)

Did you see whales or dolphins from the ship? Wondering if they are in the area that time of year?

Stacey

Did you see whales or dolphins from the ship? Wondering if they are in the area that time of year?

Stacey

We saw between 10-20 on my 7/9 cruise and 8-10 on my 7/12 cruise- good luck!

I've done the NYC to Canada itinerary 3 times in the past and NEVER saw a dolphin or a whale :( Maybe the 4th time will be the charm! :D

• 1 month later...

The gym and spa are beautiful. The pool is a nice place to hang out for some fun. Guys burger's I hit everyday. Fries make the meal IMO. The aft covered pool is a nice place fir some quiet and some piazza. I too am doing Western. The designs are beautiful. So is the theatre. Enjoy your cruise.

Stacey

I'm late with follow-up, but my daughter did see dolphins. I was in the loo and missed them :-/ We also saw a whale spouting, but it was quite far in the distance so we didn't see the actual whale.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

We save expired gas cards, gift cards, etc. for cruising to use in the safe. Since only one card can be used per stateroom we hide it in the front of the Bible that is usually in the drawer of the desk. If that doesn't work then try the flap of a book or in a beauty bag kept in the drawer.

great thread. i will be on her jan 24 only 14 days to go. never been on the glory so it is good to see some reply's here. i love a good piano bar and it sounds like the glory has a good one.:) also since we will be cruising without our little ones which is rare, it will be nice to hit the serenity areas. and almost every night i will be on the craps table hopefully there will be some players on the boat. usually it is the same 6-10 people every night on a cruise.

This may seem like a strange idea but we LOVE it! Since there is an amazing salsa bar available to create your own salsa out of the toppings at the Burrito bar, we always carry on a bag of Tostitos and a small tupperware container. Even though there is an overabundance of food on the ship...there are NO CHIPs. We make a small bowl of salsa and have it in our room as a snack or a tapa out on our balcony. We have done it the last few cruises and have really enjoyed it! :D

This may seem like a strange idea but we LOVE it! Since there is an amazing salsa bar available to create your own salsa out of the toppings at the Burrito bar, we always carry on a bag of Tostitos and a small tupperware container. Even though there is an overabundance of food on the ship...there are NO CHIPs. We make a small bowl of salsa and have it in our room as a snack or a tapa out on our balcony. We have done it the last few cruises and have really enjoyed it! :D

I love this idea. Chips and Salas are one of my favorite late night snacks!