Booze packages??

gsb

Great to *see* you again, Gordon! Haven't cruised since Chuck's 65th, back in '2010, I think. Went on Grandeur with 3 other couples, and had a blast. He's retired now and I'm on disability, so it isn't so easy to just pack up and go, like we used to. This upcoming cruise will be our first on Celebrity, and you have no idea how excited I am about it. Would love to meet up on a ship with you soon. Have you considered the Constellation 5 day on Dec 14th? Great prices and 123 was offered when I booked, saving us about $400. (veranda price went up $100 since I booked though) We desperately need a vacation. Somehow we ended up going from empty nesters to having 3 of our 4 adult *children* living at home again! Hope all is well with you and your family.

HUGS!!!!

Pam :)

Hi Pam. We have looked at the Connie but we are booked up through next summer with cruises and land vacations. We just got back last month from our first cruise on Celebrity and it was one of the best. We loved the Reflection and the Celebrity product. I'm sure that you're going to have a great time on the Connie. We are trying an M class next summer on the Summit.

Everything is great here in Atlanta. Glad that all is well with you and your family. Sounds like you have a house full right now. :) Take care.

Good to hear from you, Gordon, and it sounds like you are doing well. We may be passing through in July on our way to Ft Gordon/Augusta for our youngest's officer training graduation. Not sure of the route yet, though. Are you sure you can't squeeze in a shortie cruise in December??? :)

My husband is not a big fan of the beverage packages. I did it once and really enjoyed it but he is not a big drinker during the day. He does love really good wine at dinner though and an after dinner brandy or cognac.

I had to run the numbers and demonstrate the value to him of choosing the beverage option versus the OBC. The I had to run the numbers again to get him to agree to upgrade to the premium package. Just found out yesterday about the 30% off bottles of wine so now he is a very happy camper (cruiser?).

I like kicking back in the Sky Lounge or Ensemble lounge listening to music and downing unlimited Bailey's. Now I just have to wait 332 more days to do it.

I like kicking back in the Sky Lounge or Ensemble lounge listening to music and downing unlimited Bailey's. Now I just have to wait 332 more days to do it.

That sounds wonderful! And that could be a deal breaker on the pkgs for us.....how much is a glass of Bailey's?

That sounds wonderful! And that could be a deal breaker on the pkgs for us.....how much is a glass of Bailey's?

Bailey's is included in the Classic pkg.:)

A number of posts have mentioned that it's possible to get smaller drinks with less than top-shelf ingredients to keep within the Classic price range. Assuming DW is content with a Cosmo made with Triple Sec instead of Cointreau, the issue becomes one of size.

I assume that she can only order one at a time, but is there anything to prevent her from ordering a second as she is handed the first? Seems to me that it would be more efficient for the bartender to make one large drink than two small.

I can understand the logic of limiting Classic drinks to less expensive ingredients, but not limiting the size of drinks. Can I order a double rum and coke, or must I drink two singles?

Good to hear from you, Gordon, and it sounds like you are doing well. We may be passing through in July on our way to Ft Gordon/Augusta for our youngest's officer training graduation. Not sure of the route yet, though. Are you sure you can't squeeze in a shortie cruise in December??? :)

Wish I could but need to save my vacation time. :)

what type of bottle water (brand) do they offer on the classic package?

Also my DH does enjoy a drink so can he upgrade to premium package

& stay @ classic package if we got our packages through the 1 2 3 promotion??

A number of posts have mentioned that it's possible to get smaller drinks with less than top-shelf ingredients to keep within the Classic price range. Assuming DW is content with a Cosmo made with Triple Sec instead of Cointreau, the issue becomes one of size.

Besides the orange flavored liquor downgrade from Cointreau or Grand Marnier to Triple Sec, the vodka is also downgraded from Grey Goose or Belvedere to Absolute.

what type of bottle water (brand) do they offer on the classic package?

Also my DH does enjoy a drink so can he upgrade to premium package

& stay @ classic package if we got our packages through the 1 2 3 promotion??

Even though the sticky about the 123 go promo states that if someone in a cabin wishes to upgrade from the classic to the premium at 11.50 per day, it has been reported on these boards that a sungle member of a cabin has upgraded while their significant other has not. And of course you can upgrade on the first day or anytime up to 3 days remaining on your cruise. This is especially helpful to those who are on those 12-15 day cruises that do not wish to drop a larger amount of cash for the upgrade than they have to.

Archived