Booze packages??

gsb

Here's the big one for some folks....frozen drinks. They're $8.50. On a 7 day with 123go, it makes sense to upgrade for low cost and the assurance of no hassle. If I was paying full freight, I might have considered which drinks I'd actually consume vs which I might consume. One martini, frozen cocktail, molecular drink, or top shelf concoction a day would bring you close to that $10.50 charge for the upgrade, since you have to pay out of pocket for the entire cost.

1 just has to look at their situation and see if it makes sense! For me, I'm a boring beer--rum/coke guy! Thanks to the 1,2,3Go promotion I have the classic pkg and my gratuities are paid for AND I have $500 from my travel agent and our Med cruise only has 1 full day at sea, so not a lot of time on the actual ship (tours booked for almost all the 11 ports) So not sure for us, it is worth upgrading! The $500 OBC will prob be put towards laundry and any drinks over the classic allowance!!

And one can do what Lsimon stated--upgrade when you get onboard the ship

I just booked with the 123 pkg and will definitely be upgrading to the premium. My question is this... Are the tips that are automatically added to all drinks included, or will the tips on the drinks I don't pay for, show up on my final bill?

But I do believe a lot of the lattes', cappuchinnos, are in the classic pkg as well, so says others on posts here! Guess will find out 2 months from today!! :D

Those are included.

I just booked with the 123 pkg and will definitely be upgrading to the premium. My question is this... Are the tips that are automatically added to all drinks included, or will the tips on the drinks I don't pay for, show up on my final bill?

Tips are included in the package. If you upgrade the cost difference is $10 plus 15% for a total of $11.50 per day. You do not pay any extra for tips no matter how many drinks you have.

Found out from one server that they get paid the 15% gratuity on the cost of every drink served on the drink package. We asked about what their thought was and we were told that they love the package because of the way that the tips were paid and people drank more because of it and that meant more income. We just finished 2 cruises with the drink package and the service was fantastic. Never had to chase anyone down to get a drink and was never avoided because we had the package.

Those are included.

Tips are included in the package. If you upgrade the cost difference is $10 plus 15% for a total of $11.50 per day. You do not pay any extra for tips no matter how many drinks you have.

Found out from one server that they get paid the 15% gratuity on the cost of every drink served on the drink package. We asked about what their thought was and we were told that they love the package because of the way that the tips were paid and people drank more because of it and that meant more income. We just finished 2 cruises with the drink package and the service was fantastic. Never had to chase anyone down to get a drink and was never avoided because we had the package.

thank you

My sister and I were on the Silhouette a couple of weeks ago. She upgraded, primarily for the wine. I stayed with the classic. Specialty and Premium coffees were all included in the classic, as were all the frozen drinks. Bottled water, fresh juices etc. My suggestion would be to stay with the classic, and if you find that you're not able to get the drinks you want, upgrade onboard. Try the classic for a couple of days and you'll know. I was also able to get a small martini at the martini bar, but only a regular martini or a cosmo... which was fine with me.

Here's the big one for some folks....frozen drinks. They're $8.50. On a 7 day with 123go, it makes sense to upgrade for low cost and the assurance of no hassle. If I was paying full freight, I might have considered which drinks I'd actually consume vs which I might consume. One martini, frozen cocktail, molecular drink, or top shelf concoction a day would bring you close to that $10.50 charge for the upgrade, since you have to pay out of pocket for the entire cost.

You don't post much, do you? 4 Posts in 7 years of membership. Anyhow, there are many frozen drinks on the Classic package. That really isn't a reason to upgrade, it more about the wine, scotch, martinis and the Molecular bar on the ships that have them.

You don't post much, do you? 4 Posts in 7 years of membership. Anyhow, there are many frozen drinks on the Classic package. That really isn't a reason to upgrade, it more about the wine, scotch, martinis and the Molecular bar on the ships that have them.

Which frozen drinks are on the classic and which ones aren't?

Which frozen drinks are on the classic and which ones aren't?

The ones $8 and under:D

Seriously, just about any that you want, what will drive the price up is when you start asking for premium brands in them, although a lot of the drinks will already have a good alcohol in it. Asking for a margarita with Patron will probably put you in the Premium package.

This may have been asked before but if so...I can't find any reference. Have taken the booze package for our next cruise. It was one of three 'incentive' options when we booked for next year. Can we use the package to order wine (by the glass) in the MDR? Thanks in advance.

This may have been asked before but if so...I can't find any reference. Have taken the booze package for our next cruise. It was one of three 'incentive' options when we booked for next year. Can we use the package to order wine (by the glass) in the MDR? Thanks in advance.

Yes, if it's $8 or less.

I am going to go against what has been the prevailing advice here so far. The cost difference between classic and premium is not large--I believe $11.50 per day. So, I say do, it. I understand the logic behind people saying to wait and see, and upgrade onboard if you find you want things not covered by the premium package...however, the drink packages aren't really a strictly dollars-and-cents decision.

If it were just about the cost, the packages wouldn't make sense for anyone except heavy drinkers. There is no question in my mind that we spend less than the drink package costs, if we don't have the package. In fact on our Summit cruise this winter, for 7 nights I think we spent barely $300 between us in bar tab. Even so, after having the drinks package on the Sillhouette last month, I probably won't go without it again.

The difference is the all-inclusive feel. We tried everything at the molecular bar--and some things twice (or 5 times). We had whatever drinks we wanted, whenever we wanted, and not just alcohol. A different glass of wine with every course, San Pellegrino with dinner, espresso after meals, a cold giant bottle of Evian after a run on the treadmill. Some of this is in the classic package, but not all, and the premium package offers more options.

So, my advice is to take the premium package. Otherwise you're likely to experience the same "deprivation mentality" that we felt with no package at all--deciding not to have the drinks because of the cost.

We have enjoyed the classic package but had some challenges staying in the right price range, as did the staff. Because the promo is such a great deal we a going to upgrade this time cuz it is such a great price, only having to pay the difference, $11.50 a day. Full size martini's, the Molecular Bar drinks, afterdinner liquors in our coffee, and no hassles, just get want you want. Better wine choices with dinner, OK I will stop now.

So for us, we are stepping up....:)

PS

Just do it, LOL

I think you need to consider your type of cruise also. We have two upcoming cruises both with drink 123 promo. We plan to stay with classic package on the port intensive cruise which has very long day shore trips packed into a 12 day cruise. We doubt that we will even use half of the package per day value. The other cruise will be a return to Caribbean and we will only stop at one new port for us, so we plan to stay onboard and enjoy the ship, upgrade definitely for that one.

• 3 weeks later...

Glad this topic is being discussed, as I had a lot of questions answered here. Not to be the devil's advocate, but for my husband and I, we took into consideration that we would have to pay the upgrade for both of us, when only I would actually utilize the benefits. So....figured for the approx. $250 we'd spend upgrading on an 11-day, I'd just absorb the price of several of those fancy martinis. The big thing is that neither of us are wine drinkers, so to have my espresso coffees, pop and beers covered are the bigger things for us. It's all whatever works for you!

Hey Pam. That would be me. :)

Great to *see* you again, Gordon! Haven't cruised since Chuck's 65th, back in '2010, I think. Went on Grandeur with 3 other couples, and had a blast. He's retired now and I'm on disability, so it isn't so easy to just pack up and go, like we used to. This upcoming cruise will be our first on Celebrity, and you have no idea how excited I am about it. Would love to meet up on a ship with you soon. Have you considered the Constellation 5 day on Dec 14th? Great prices and 123 was offered when I booked, saving us about $400. (veranda price went up $100 since I booked though) We desperately need a vacation. Somehow we ended up going from empty nesters to having 3 of our 4 adult *children* living at home again! Hope all is well with you and your family.

HUGS!!!!

Pam :)

Archived