Where is QM2?

turquoise 6

The Wikipedia reference does not reflect the developments of the last couple of years and should be updated. It seems that the majority of shares belongs to Carnival in the US, which is where the company policy is developed, and probably with the UK offices contributing. This has tax reasons and the tendency is obvious.

Actually, Carnival Cruise Line (CCL) is a corporation registered in Panama, so CCL does not pay corporate US tax. The largest individual stockholder is Mickey Arison.

Why surrender if facts are evident :cool: :D

I have no idea which set of facts you feel are evident; cunardaddict wrote that " In fact QM2 is long occupied by Germans".

Best for me to leave you both to enjoy your conversation since I'm having a really hard time understanding what the hell you are talking about. Cheers, -S.

I have no idea which set of facts you feel are evident; cunardaddict wrote that " In fact QM2 is long occupied by Germans".

Best for me to leave you both to enjoy your conversation since I'm having a really hard time understanding what the hell you are talking about. Cheers, -S.

We're just teasing a little bit ... where's your humour?

Actually, Carnival Cruise Line (CCL) is a corporation registered in Panama, so CCL does not pay corporate US tax. The largest individual stockholder is Mickey Arison.

Or did you mean Carnival Corporation & plc?

"Carnival Corporation is the larger of the two holding companies and is incorporated in Panama with its primary stock listing on the New York Stock Exchange"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnival_Corporation

Only 25 more days until the magnificent Queen Mary 2 sails from Southhampton on a spectacular 10th Anniversary transatlantic crossing to Brooklyn, USA.

Accompanied out of Southampton by the Queen Vic and Queen Liz to the sounds of anthems and fireworks.

Prince Phillip will be aboard for lunch on sailing day and Commodore Warwick and ship architect Dr Stephen Payne will be along for the crossing

Not bad for a misused "Liner"[emoji106]

Only 25 more days until the magnificent Queen Mary 2 sails from Southhampton on a spectacular 10th Anniversary transatlantic crossing to Brooklyn, USA.

Accompanied out of Southampton by the Queen Vic and Queen Liz to the sounds of anthems and fireworks.

Prince Phillip will be aboard for lunch on sailing day and Commodore Warwick and ship architect Dr Stephen Payne will be along for the crossing

Not bad for a misused "Liner"[emoji106]

This is what the RMS Queen Mary 2 was meant to do and is coming back after a 3 month absence , in Style!!!!

I had the honor of sailing with Commodore Warkick on the QM2

He was at the book signing on a very rough day in the commodore club.

The ship was rolling up and down, and yet

His signature was written as direct as if he was on dry land .:)

Commodore "Warkick" was in charge when I was on the Maiden Tandem voyage in April 2004 with the QE2 alongside for the ride

The ocean was smooth as silk. What the QM2 was meant for!

Warkick for those in the "know" as when he sailed

On the QE2. & QM2 he would "kick A"

Never

Avoid a storm. Head directly into the rough

Seas. The rough seas:D

Never

So he was a really crappy captain then...thanks for the info. Glad he's retired now and Captains who don't go out of their way to make passengers uncomfortable have taken his place

So he was a really crappy captain then...thanks for the info. Glad he's retired now and Captains who don't go out of their way to make passengers uncomfortable have taken his place

He was the best! He sailed the ships and got us safe and sound to the next port. His record speaks for himself

He knew the ship he sailed on and was a pro!!!

The QM2 and the QE2 are Ocean Liners meant to sail on all types

Of seas . Stabilizers are used to make the smoothest

Ride . Navigational state of the art are on board to help .

Note* the new Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria are

Not built as Ocean Liners. They are built for cruises on calmer seas

Getting into shallow ports .

Back to the point , Commodore Warwick is

A pro.:)

Never

Yes, I was on the QE2 for one of those! I recall being told that the Captain was not avoiding the storm, but going right through it, and it was unbelievable! A jumping roller coaster with furniture on the move, and nowhere to be but horizontal and firmly gripping your bed. I believe there was resulting damage to the ship.

However, he was a very good Captain otherwise.

Yes, I was on the QE2 for one of those! I recall being told that the Captain was not avoiding the storm, but going right through it, and it was unbelievable! A jumping roller coaster with furniture on the move, and nowhere to be but horizontal and firmly gripping your bed. I believe there was resulting damage to the ship.

However, he was a very good Captain otherwise.

Wow , I know how that felt . Although with all due

Respect to Commodore Warwick , he did dodge

Many hurricanes and lows on the transatlantic run

Wow , I know how that felt . Although with all due

Respect to Commodore Warwick , he did dodge

Many hurricanes and lows on the transatlantic run

Yes, Commodore rather (I assume he was in 2002). I have great respect for Commodore Warwick. Even though it was quite an experience, I thought it was rather romantic and very British to just get on with it and brave the storm. Apart from being very seasick (and after my mega-shot) I quite enjoyed it.

Commodore Warwick was in command in January, 2006, when one of QM2's propellers struck the channel wall leaving Fort Lauderdale and she had to run on three pods for the next half year. Rumor at the time had it that he, not the pilot, was to blame, but I hope that's not true.