Where is QM2?

turquoise 6

Qm2 is in Australia, where she was this time last year. When I was lucky enough to be on her. And I'll be on the QM2 this time next year, when she is also in Australia. This is the time that QM2 has been doing world cruises.

Qm2 is in Australia, where she was this time last year. When I was lucky enough to be on her. And I'll be on the QM2 this time next year, when she is also in Australia. This is the time that QM2 has been doing world cruises.

Where in the World is Carmen SanDiego ?? Where in the world is the QM2?

Australia now and Australia next year ,same place ,same time.

As for me I will be booking my flight to London, next year,same place, same time of year.

Bye QM2 ocean liner, Hello QM2 Cruise Ship

Just wondering why you only hang out on the cunard boards when it seems you really don't like them all that much.

So, according to your definition, a ship can only be called an ocean liner when it travels Southampton - New York? There are a few more oceans than just the Atlantic and a few more countries than just USA and UK.

Maybe next time they'll consult you when they prepare their schedules.

Edited by Pushka

It's March 21. Where is the QM2? Not in New York

Or Southampton. This is the beginning

Of the Transatlantic crossing season.

This is a disappointment and I will have to fly

Across the pond for Easter .

Would it not be more beneficial to ask a more constructive question even one that might be critical rather than 'Where is the Queen Mary 2?'

If you look at the web camera section of Cunard that sometimes states where the ship is, there are countless links to her schedule and of course if you really want to know where she is then there are a number of tracking sites that will give her location, course, speed and an eta.

Do you want this ship as your personal taxi or should it be the flagship of a CRUISE Line and as such keeping the share holders of that company happy by generating a profit?

Just wondering why you only hang out on the cunard boards when it seems you really don't like them all that much.

So, according to your definition, a ship can only be called an ocean liner when it travels Southampton - New York? There are a few more oceans than just the Atlantic and a few more countries than just USA and UK.

Maybe next time they'll consult you when they prepare their schedules.

I am doing what one should do on cruise critic

Be a critic!!! About Cunard

The QM2 is not. Blue Water Liner.

It belongs on the transatlantic

As prior QE2. It's spring and there is a huge market

Who want to sail transatlantic

There is no legacy for QM2 for sailing as a glorified

Cabin Crusier around Australia

Why does QM2 cruise so much and so not do TA's as often as you would like is down to revenue.

A big part of the revenue comes from tours and there are not many of those on a TA. And how do you know there is a huge market? Cunard knows the market better than you do.

David.

Why does QM2 cruise so much and so not do TA's as often as you would like is down to revenue.

A big part of the revenue comes from tours and there are not many of those on a TA. And how do you know there is a huge market? Cunard knows the market better than you do.

David.

Actually, there are no shore tours at all on a transatlantic, David. I'm surprised you didn't know that. :D

Interested to know when did you last cross the Atlantic at Easter?

Actually, there are no shore tours at all on a transatlantic, David. I'm surprised you didn't know that. :D

Well, we maybe able to arrange a special one for certain members.

How are the thought police on swimming?

David.

• 1 month later...

The QM2 was far off from New York,So I sailed on the Queen Elizabeth from

NY transatlantic and had easter sunday on the Queen Elizabeth.;) March 31,2013 Easter at sea

Edited by turquoise 6

It is a shame, but Cunard is now part of the NWO brigade. On the surface, the company must do what it can in these endlessly harsh economic times :rolleyes:. However, the British tradition of Cunard had to be very gradually dilluted. Hence, QM2 is now a tourist cruise ship.

It is a shame, but Cunard is now part of the NWO brigade. On the surface, the company must do what it can in these endlessly harsh economic times :rolleyes:. However, the British tradition of Cunard had to be very gradually dilluted. Hence, QM2 is now a tourist cruise ship.

Yes , it is true and sad of what you say. I had expectations that the QM2 would take over from where the QE2 left You are so correct to say QM2 is now a tourist cruise ship.

I sailed march 30 from NY to Southampton,on the Queen Elizabeth. it was 8 days and the trip was excellent. The Queen Elizabeth did very well in moderate

seas. But the Queen Elizabeth does a limited sailings on the transatlantic run

Unfortunately you are right. Last time I sailed her I noticed an overall degradation of quality and, as I said in another mail and even though I understand the pressures of competition (and probably also the consequences of various accidents Carnival had to experience), QM2, Cunard's flagship, should be left out of money-saving measures, in consideration of her excellency and reputation. Alternaves should be found!

Yes , it is true and sad of what you say. I had expectations that the QM2 would take over from where the QE2 left You are so correct to say QM2 is now a tourist cruise ship.

I sailed march 30 from NY to Southampton,on the Queen Elizabeth. it was 8 days and the trip was excellent. The Queen Elizabeth did very well in moderate

seas. But the Queen Elizabeth does a limited sailings on the transatlantic run

I am slightly confused by your post but having said that I am always in a state of confusion. The Queen Mary 2 per year does more trans Atlantic trips than her predecessor IF, if we pretend her predecessor was the QE2. The Queen Mary might not be as fast as the QE2 but on just about everything else ism she a better ship? She is without any shadow of a doubt a better sea going vessel, a more stable vessel and might I suggest she is more luixurious?

The only better looking ships in my opinion are those belonging to my fleet but sadly trips on those two vessels are by invitation only :eek::p

... The Queen Mary might not be as fast as the QE2 but on just about everything else ism she a better ship? She is without any shadow of a doubt a better sea going vessel, a more stable vessel and might I suggest she is more luixurious? ...
After a dozen bookings on QM2, which included at least two force 11 storms, I was tempted to post "Hear! Hear!" But, never having sailed on QE2, I won't.

After a dozen bookings on QM2, which included at least two force 11 storms, I was tempted to post "Hear! Hear!" But, never having sailed on QE2, I won't.
Please note I am not being critical of the QE2 and I am sure that compared to her peers she was indeed a state of the art 'liner' and a trend setter for the new type of cruise holidays :)

Apart from the size of the QM2, her design, she also has stabilisers and other items of technological wonder that helps to keep her far more stable than the older vessel. Having said all this, no matter how hard they try, ships cannot defy the laws of physics and even this iconic vessel will sometimes have to play second fiddle to mother nature ;);)

Edited by glojo

The Queen Mary might not be as fast as the QE2 but on just about everything else ism she a better ship? She is without any shadow of a doubt a better sea going vessel, a more stable vessel and might I suggest she is more luixurious?

QM2 is a better sea-going vessel than QE2 and also far more stable. The only operational aspect in which QE2 was significantly better than QM2 was in relation to speed.

Both ships could be described as comfortable and elegant, although in completely different ways. At least QM2 has a generally consistent style throughout the ship, although I have difficulty in actually putting a name to the style sought to be achieved by the designer.

While QE2 was originally styled in a 60s look, by the end of her career with Cunard, QE2 had so many styles going on that it became a game of "spot the style" in the different rooms whenever one was on board.

QM2 is a better sea-going vessel than QE2 and also far more stable. The only operational aspect in which QE2 was significantly better than QM2 was in relation to speed... While QE2 was originally styled in a 60s look, by the end of her career with Cunard, QE2 had so many styles going on that it became a game of "spot the style" in the different rooms whenever one was on board.
How true! It was part of the fun; wondering when this room or that had last been "up-dated". From the "space-age" original 60s "2001" look... to the faux Georgian-panelled Caronia Restaurant at the end of her life.

And the other game was "I am here... and want to go there... how do I do it?" The lifts and stairwells made no sense (legacy of being designed as a three class ship and entering service as a two class one) and as for the oft-quoted "E for everywhere"... well "E" stairs/lifts didn't go "everywhere"... missing out four decks.

Add things like having a shopping centre on the balcony of the main show-lounge, only one outside pool, no wrap-around promenade deck (and the one that was provided was a narrow obstacle course!), and no wonder I much prefer QM2 over QE2 :D .

But, seen from across the water, was there ever a better looking ship than QE2? :) .

Edited by pepperrn

But, seen from across the water, was there ever a better looking ship than QE2? :) .

No. The QE2 is the closest I have come to falling "in love" with an inanimate object! From every angle, she was mesmerising. Her design team were truly masters of their art.