Cozumel: Mr. Sancho's or Nachi Cocom?

mindy.le

Any menus for these 2 places?

Have a picky eater with us who needs to know the menu to decide.

What do they have besides seafood

You can do a search on google to see the menus.. We just came back from Nachi last week & our family loved it. We have 9 & 11 yr old girls. The place seemed so nice & felt like we had the place to ourself. Our girls used the pool some & were the only ones in it. If you go & order any food just be sure to ask what is on it. One daughter ordered a cheeseburger while the other ordered a chicken sandwich & it had mayo on both which they hated..

me and my fiancee will be cruising to cozumel in nov for thanksgiving on rccl liberty. we are thinking about doing nachi cocum sounds like alota fun.

does anyone know how early can u make a reservation for this and does the cruiseline offer this?

me and my fiancee will be cruising to cozumel in nov for thanksgiving on rccl liberty. we are thinking about doing nachi cocum sounds like alota fun.

does anyone know how early can u make a reservation for this and does the cruiseline offer this?

Just tried a ghost booking and their website didn't balk at a Nov-2013 reservation. Just google them and book direct thrugh their website.

They require a $11/person deposit that is fully refundable if the itinerary changes/cancels or you have to cancel your cruise. I actually had to get a refund from them before so I know it's possible. Pay the remainder in cash at the reception desk when you arrive.

Enjoy your cruise!

Cruiseline does not offer as far as I know. I booked directly with them. I liked the fact that they limit the number of people allowed in. Made it feel very private..

No the cruise line does not offer it and let's hope they never do. If they do the price will go up.

You can book it at Island Marketing http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelBeachBreak.htm

or at:

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/default.cfm

Bill

Thanks for all the reviews and information. My boyfriend's brother and sister in law ended up going on the cruise with us so we ended up going with Mr. Sancho's since there seems to be more activity going on. We booked the romantic package at Mr. Sancho's which includes a private cabana and massage. Next time we're in Cozumel we will try Nachi Cocom for a more quiet and relaxing time. Thanks again. :)

Did you book through Carnival?

thanks everyone for all the info. i have read alot of great reviews about this place and i love the fact that they limit the amount of people. we went to st thomas we were in st thomas on new years day we went megans bay wow by the time we got there it was very crowded but there were alota ships in port that day. lasttime i went to st thomas it wasnt that crowded but dang this time it was terrible.

I haven't been to Sanchos but I did do a lot of research here on CC before making my decision to hit up Nachi. I can tell you that we (4 adults 33-39) had an awesome time. It is $55pp and that includes all drinks and a 3 or 4 course lunch. The food was amazing and the drinks never stopped coming. The server even brought bottled waters thru the whole time we were there. Nachi allows only 100 people a day at the beach club which is awesome. when we were there we got a beachfront palapa. we were the only people on the beach for most of the time, then i think 3 others showed up when we were leaving. They have a poolside bar and a spa but we never made it out of the beach (too nice). we are going back in october.

-DK

Hi. I'm looking at Nachi for November (Oasis of the Seas). Can you tell me how far in advance I should book since they do have limited space. My worry is, what happens if the time comes and it's pouring rain -- can you get a refund? Last, how far from the port is it? Are there cabs ready to take you?

Hi. I'm looking at Nachi for November (Oasis of the Seas). Can you tell me how far in advance I should book since they do have limited space. My worry is, what happens if the time comes and it's pouring rain -- can you get a refund? Last, how far from the port is it? Are there cabs ready to take you?

No refunds unless your ship cancels the port visit - but after multiple times in Coz I have never seen it rain for more than 10 minutes. :cool:

Taxi ride takes about 15 minutes and there will be a line of cabs at the pier to take you there; if there are not cabs waiting to take you back you waiter will call one - never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a taxi. Good luck! :)

Have never been to Mr. Sanchos, but love Nachi Cocum. It can be peaceful and laid back and that's what we love. Sometimes more party people show up and then it's not as appealing. At Nachi Cocum you get your chairs under an umbrella, waiter for the day, one appetizer, one entree, and one dessert, plus all the drinks you want for the day.

Here some pictures I took just last week:

Cozumel-NachiCocum9.jpg

Cozumel-NachiCocum5.jpg

Cozumel-NachiCocum4.jpg

Cozumel.jpg

Cozumel-NachiCocum11.jpg

It depends on how many ships are in port that day. When we've been the only ship in port we didn't even make reservations. When there were 3 or 4 ships in port we made reservations about a month out. We were on the Oasis last week and did not make reservations, even though there were two Carnival ships in port after us. We got there when they opened at 9:00 and they said they could take us because they only had 40 reserved. The max they take is 50.

One reason we didn't make reservations was because of the rain issue...we were there one year when a storm came up with torrential down pours. They put everyone in a room until it was safe for us to be in the dining room area. It poured four about 30-45 minutes and then cleared up. I honestly don't know about a refund. It's about 20 minutes from port and there are cabs...tell them where you are going...fare is about $16.

Edited by Terre

When in Nov are you going? I'll be there Nov 22 and there will be 6 ships and over 19000 passengers. Busiest day in Cozumel all year.

Does anyone have experience with getting a refund? Their policy on-line is quite vague. I wrote to ask them for a clarification about cancelling early, or if we needed take a taxi to know if they closed the beach because of weather. I received no response. I'm thinking that if the weather looks too bad, rather than paying $32 for a taxi (both ways), I would blow off the $22 deposit and hope they didn't charge me for the other $88. I did have one idea I thought might work. If I use a single use virtual number to pay the deposit, and then have to cancel for some reason, they would not be able to charge my credit card for the additional $88.

Does anyone have experience with getting a refund? Their policy on-line is quite vague. I wrote to ask them for a clarification about cancelling early, or if we needed take a taxi to know if they closed the beach because of weather. I received no response. I'm thinking that if the weather looks too bad, rather than paying $32 for a taxi (both ways), I would blow off the $22 deposit and hope they didn't charge me for the other $88. I did have one idea I thought might work. If I use a single use virtual number to pay the deposit, and then have to cancel for some reason, they would not be able to charge my credit card for the additional $88.

I have never seen any post on here of them closing the beach.

If i am understanding you correctly you want to book but if the weather isn't to your liking not pay the rest of the money?

Bill

You only get a refund of your deposit if your ship cancels the port visit to Coz. I've never seen it rain in Coz for more than about 10-15 minutes -- I would not worry about the weather or your deposit and start dreaming about a beautiful beach, a dirty monkey for a breakfast drink, and a wonderful relaxing day. Good luck! :)

I emailed them twice prior to my cruise and never received a response either. I wanted to know if we could do a walk in instead of reserving online so I ended up at Mr. Sanchos because they didn't respond.

From what I read on their website, the deposit is non refundable and if you are a no show, they charge your credit card. The virtual card may work but I'm wondering if they can go to your credit card company for the balance if they show them that you agreed to their terms :confused:

I have never seen any post on here of them closing the beach.

If i am understanding you correctly you want to book but if the weather isn't to your liking not pay the rest of the money?

Bill

You only get a refund of your deposit if your ship cancels the port visit to Coz. I've never seen it rain in Coz for more than about 10-15 minutes -- I would not worry about the weather or your deposit and start dreaming about a beautiful beach, a dirty monkey for a breakfast drink, and a wonderful relaxing day. Good luck! :)

I was really thinking of the possibility of illness or having to cancel the cruise for some reason, but we've had such terrible weather lately, that it was on my mind, too, at least a little bit. My dad is 91, and although he is doing quite well for his age, I guess it is always in the back of my mind. I'm not so worried about the $22, but the other $88. I guess in the whole scheme of things, if something happened to my dad, or if we become ill on the cruise, $110 is pretty insignificant, right?:o

I have decided to stop worrying about the "what ifs" and just book it today. It looks so beautiful and the food looks so yummy...I can hardly wait for this cruise to get here! I want soooo much to be on the ship gazing at the ocean right now. Ahhhhhh!!!:D

Thanks for your responses everyone!:)

I just booked our reservation for Nachi and was pleasantly surprised to see that we can now pay the remainder of our balance with Visa or MC when we arrive. (At least I'm assuming they mean Master Card and not Marster Card. ;)) This is what was on our confirmation page:

The balance must be paid in cash, travelers checks, and now you can pay with VISA OR MARSTER CARD too.

I just booked our reservation for Nachi and was pleasantly surprised to see that we can now pay the remainder of our balance with Visa or MC when we arrive. (At least I'm assuming they mean Master Card and not Marster Card. ;)) This is what was on our confirmation page:

The balance must be paid in cash, travelers checks, and now you can pay with VISA OR MARSTER CARD too.

The only thing that would bother me is... do they have electronic CC readers, or do they make a paper transaction. Would worry about having my CC # floating around in the Caribbean on a piece of paper. Also, if they take your card to make a paper transaction, they can easily turn it over and get the 'so called' security # off the back.

The only thing that would bother me is... do they have electronic CC readers, or do they make a paper transaction. Would worry about having my CC # floating around in the Caribbean on a piece of paper. Also, if they take your card to make a paper transaction, they can easily turn it over and get the 'so called' security # off the back.

That's a good point. I guess cash would be safer in the long run. But after 12 days of being on the ship and paying cash at all the ports, if I run short of cash, it's good to have the option.:o