What to do AFTER excursion???

qbanrican84

Both times we have been to GC we head to Margaritaville after our excursion. It is right across from the port and has a pool, water slide, hot tub, and swim up bar. You could just get a drink and swim. Or, there is a lot of shopping around the port.

Both times we have been to GC we head to Margaritaville after our excursion. It is right across from the port and has a pool, water slide, hot tub, and swim up bar. You could just get a drink and swim. Or, there is a lot of shopping around the port.

So I can just go and jump into the pool and get a drink? I don't have to pay to get in or anything?

No, there is no cover for Maragaritaville. Also, they are ususally soo packed and the service is very slow anyway so I am sure you could just swim in the pool, ride the slide, and hang in the hot tub and no one would even notice :cool:

I've booked a morning excursion so I will have about 3 1/2 hours to burn after the excursion, what else can we do that won't cost too much more??

Walk 15 minutes along church street to Sunset House Inn. They have a great oceanfront bar called appropriately 'My Bar' and an ocean pool. The ocean pool is huge and is used for divers to get into the water so they can do dives from shore. It is carved into the iron shore coast with only a 6 foot gap out to the ocean. If it was calm enough you could go snorkel from there too but it was way to rough the day we were there. You need to go up and down a good size ladder to get in and out. We were the only people swimming and there were 6 ships that day. It is big enough that on google maps you can clearly see the rectangle carved into the shoreline.

They also had a normal pool but it was clearly marked for guests only and hey, the ocean pool was too cool.

Food and drink prices are high and posted in CD so be forewarned. But, they weren't any higher than other places we saw in town.

There were no other cruisers at this bar and we certainly couldn't figure out why not except that the 15 minute walk puts people off.

• 2 weeks later...

3 words: Seven mile beach

free, stunning white sand, great people and there's a lot of cheap food and drink readily available

easy transport back to the terminal -- low impact, great afternoon on the sand...good views of the ships in the harbour

We like Sunset House as well, but if you only have a couple hours, it's a pretty good hike. We went to Paradise Grill last Sept. and it was lovely. Nice spot right on the water, great food and drinks. They will give you a table to hang out and leave your stuff while you snorkel right from the restaurant. They feed the Tarpon there so there are some HUGE fish right where you enter the water. The snorkeling is free if you have your own equipment, or rentals are only like $10. It's very close to the tender docks and a great place to hang out right on the ocean for a couple hours.

Archived