Have you sailed the Jewel out of San Juan for S. Caribbean?

scomar

I know Levi of Bumpiing Tours will customize tours. Or, if you have a specific set of places you want to visit, there are TONS and TONS of local tour guides/taxi drivers at the pier when you disembark.

On my first visit, I went to Sari Sari Falls and Mero Beach. On my last visit, I did Bumpiing Tours excursion which included Trafalgar Falls, Titou Gorge and Champagne Reef.

Actually did most of these islands on the Jewel - on the repos-- we did a private swimming with the sea turtles catamaran excursion in Barbados with Silver Queen... it was excellent ... all drinks food etc included and the staff was excellent... they were super when we had to cancel last year due to changes in itinerary from Sandy ....

If you have sailed this itinerary on the Jewel:

Tortola, British Virgin Islands

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Basseterre, St. Kitts

Roseau, Dominica

Bridgetown, Barbados

We did this route on the Serenade.

Tortola - we took a ferry to the Baths, loved it.

St. Kitts - zip line tour

Dominica - river rafting

Barbados and St. Maarten - beach and shopping- these are our favorite islands, and love their beaches

Mero beach - photo attached.

Champagne Beach is also cool. Volcanic activity under the water creates bubbles. (Thus the name.) We went snorkeling there. Beach is ROCKY and a little hard to walk on. This is not a lounge on the beach kind of place but it's really cool for snorkeling.

And a HUGE absolute YES regarding Bumpiing Tours on Dominica. You cannot do better!!!

What is a bumping tour

what we did-

Tortola, British Virgin Islands -just walked around the bit but stayed on the ship while it was quiet!!

Philipsburg, St. Maarten- rented those 3 wheel fun cars-zipped around the island and then to the beach for a bit. loved it!!

Basseterre, St. Kitts-- Best ATV tour ever!!

Roseau, Dominica - was not on our sailing

Bridgetown, Barbados- went to the green monkey/animal preserve. Another great tour.

• 2 weeks later...
We are booked on the Jewel this fall. We did a few of these ports on the Adventure last month. Both itineraries are port intensive. I agree with the previous poster about going to bed right after dinner. So much sight seeing during the day makes me very tired! And we even stayed onboard in St. Maarten...

I'm subscribing to this thread as part of my research for my Nov cruise on the Jewel!

Add me to that list, but we are planning ahead for late April/early May 14 and may book it while on Allure. I've been on Jewel once and loved it out of Tampa. I'm looking at the itinerary that includes St Lucia.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

as you can see from my signature our Jewel cruise is very close :D

We'll be visiting St Maarten, Antigua, St Kitts, Barbados and St Lucia.

I'll write a photo trip report just like my from my two previous cruises and I hope it'll help some of you and entertain the rest.

Not guaranteed, though :p

Hi everyone,

as you can see from my signature our Jewel cruise is very close :D

We'll be visiting St Maarten, Antigua, St Kitts, Barbados and St Lucia.

I'll write a photo trip report just like my from my two previous cruises and I hope it'll help some of you and entertain the rest.

Not guaranteed, though :p

We are on the same itinerary a few weeks later. Looking forward to your review.:)

Archived