Behind the Fun- Sneaked pictures

Mizzouaholic

Just curious if anyone has somehow smuggled a camera(or phone)

and taken any pictures that they would like to post?

I'd love to see some pictures but I am always to cheap to pony up the $100 pp to take the tour.

Try this thread started some time ago

and waiting for your Behind the scenes pics (over at the thread above, not here)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=969285

Ok so maybe I am just one of the ones who believes in rules, but why chance it for all who are trying to take the tour and do it right and try and sneak some pictures. If you don't like the rules that they have then don't take the tour. I know some lines let you take all the pictures you want but Canival has said no pictures so please don't try. It is the same with the Cheers program. Everyone is trying to cheat the system and they will keep making it sticker and sticker or just do away with it.

Ok so maybe I am just one of the ones who believes in rules, but why chance it for all who are trying to take the tour and do it right and try and sneak some pictures. If you don't like the rules that they have then don't take the tour. I know some lines let you take all the pictures you want but Canival has said no pictures so please don't try. It is the same with the Cheers program. Everyone is trying to cheat the system and they will keep making it sticker and sticker or just do away with it.

I'm not asking anyone to "chance it". I'm just curious if anyone has taken any pics because I'd like to see them. Have you ever watched to the show Cops? They are doing illegal stuff on there but I still watch it. I'm not condoning it, but I would still look at them.

Try this thread started some time ago

and waiting for your Behind the scenes pics (over at the thread above, not here)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=969285

These are pretty good Pictures of what it looks like even though it was on a different ship....

To the OP

I have been on two tours and both times was pretty much searched warned and threatened before going about picture....in fact you are not allowed to even bring your phone with....I recommend taking the tour...nothing like seeing it in person....Yes it is a $100 but how many times do you cruise .....these will be memories that last for ever....And if you do cruise often then the info can be shared with others...kind of make you a know it all of sorts....:eek::cool:

I wouldn't take them, if they state you can't. NCL employees will even pose while on their behind the scenes tour. So you are right other lines allow it.

Just curious as to why Carnival does not allow it. Does anyone know?

I wouldn't take them, if they state you can't. NCL employees will even pose while on their behind the scenes tour. So you are right other lines allow it.

Just curious as to why Carnival does not allow it. Does anyone know?

Maybe they don't want everyone to see what is contributing to some problems lately ;)

On a Splendor cruise there was a list of those who took off the auto-grats. I believe that pix put a kabosh on photos. Don't understand why, asthat photo only made headlines AROUND THE WORLD!:rolleyes:

Sneaked pics or not, I want to recommend this tour for as long as it lasts. As you can see below I took it on HAL Westerdam (cameras encouraged) and I had always wanted to but had balked at the price. It really is fascinating. It's a whole city down there.

One of my favorite all time excursions was the BTS on Dream in January. We were wanded and told absolutely no picture taking. It was pointed out to us that we would be visiting the engine control room which is "security sensitive". We actually had security officers watching our group as we entered this area.

I did note on the above thread where many great BTS pictures were posted that there were NONE of a similar engine control room or similar. I wonder if the lines that do allow pictures take their guests to these sensitive areas or if they remain more in the other less sensitive areas.

The engineers on duty were great to our group and answered any and all questions thrown at them. I would have rather left my camera behind than miss this part of the ship!! Pictures are burned into my memory.

One of my favorite all time excursions was the BTS on Dream in January. We were wanded and told absolutely no picture taking. It was pointed out to us that we would be visiting the engine control room which is "security sensitive". We actually had security officers watching our group as we entered this area.

I did note on the above thread where many great BTS pictures were posted that there were NONE of a similar engine control room or similar. I wonder if the lines that do allow pictures take their guests to these sensitive areas or if they remain more in the other less sensitive areas.

The engineers on duty were great to our group and answered any and all questions thrown at them. I would have rather left my camera behind than miss this part of the ship!! Pictures are burned into my memory.

If you're referring to my linked HAL Westerdam thread above we were NOT allowed to use our cameras in the engine control room. No one took them from us but we weren't allowed to take pics.

I assume they don't allow cameras for security reasons...especially on the bridge. Don't make it easy for terrorists, pirates, and such to have full access to where things are, etc.

They do give you a really nice picture of the group and your party with the captain,.... why do you need to smuggle a camera along? (And yes, they do wand you, etc.)

We took one of those tours on our Carnival Conquest cruise a few years ago. We were not wanded and we were not allowed to take pictures. We had an awesome time on the tour and had a nice group picture taken with the Captain.

Happy sailing everyone. It's a great way to explore!

We WERE allowed to take our cameras into the engine control room on HAL Westerdam Behind the Scenes tour last year. Bridge, too, as you can see.

People getting a bee in their bonnet over terrorism or whatever can feel free to stand down. As you can see, there is an Easy Button on the bridge, so: relax.

image.jpg.92599706e71ac022853fb0fa3af302d6.jpg

Archived