Soda Questions on the Dream

Chrissy3427

Hi all, my gf and I are soon boarding the Disney Dream!! HooRay!!

I was wondering, I know they have a soda stations available for free sodas, is there a restriction from me bringing my own travel mug and using that for the sodas?

Also during dinner, do they provide free sodas there as well or do I need to come prepared and bring my own.

Thanks all!

There is ONE drink station, on Deck 11. Disney serves Coke products.

You can bring your own mug, but there is usually a CM standing there who will ask you to use the smaller cups that are provided...you can use those at the fountain to fill your mug.

Sodas in the dining room are included in your cruise fare, but if you order a soda anywhere else....lounges, bars, poolside, theater....you'll be charged for it.

I'm a Pepsi drinker, so I bring my own onboard. I've found it's not at all convenient to keep running up to Deck 11 to fill a mug. If you're on Deck 4 where the movie theater is, and where they hold most of the indoor activities (Trivia, Bingo), it just doesn't make sense to run upstairs. And obviously Disney knows this. That's why the only have the one "free" station way up on the pool deck.

On the Dream if the buffet is open, there is at least one soda station (maybe more, can't recall) in there.

That's also all the way up on Deck 11.

On the Magic and Wonder, they used to have soda fountains in the buffet, then they changed it to just water and juice, maybe lemonade.

I'm not sure about the Dream and Fantasy, as I didn't go in the buffet.

On the Magic and Wonder, they used to have soda fountains in the buffet, then they changed it to just water and juice, maybe lemonade.

There was a soda fountain in the buffet on the Wonder last month...

When we were on the Wonder this past February, there was a soda fountain in the buffet. Maybe it had been removed, but they put it back.

Saw another thread where you felt the need to point out that Shmoo sometimes needs to be corrected. Looks like you owe him/her an apology. I see that

wilcatlh had to correct your expert opinion here....Pobody's Nerfect!

Saw another thread where you felt the need to point out that Shmoo sometimes needs to be corrected. Looks like you owe him/her an apology. I see that

wilcatlh had to correct your expert opinion here....Pobody's Nerfect!

Hmmm....not that my info was really all that awful.....but no thanks, no apologies.

And I NEVER said I was an EXPERT like Shmoo did. At least I admitted I wasn't sure about the new ships.

New person here, aren't you? Perhaps SHMOO in disguise??:p

Thanks All! My main concern was if I'd be able to use my own travel mug to hopefully lessen my trips to the soda fountain as I imagine the cups they give you would be rather small. I'll give it a try.

For sanitation reasons, they want you to use a clean cup under the fountain dispenser. You can fill up your travel mug by filling up the fresh cup a few times.

If you use your travel mug, contamination on the mug can be left on the dispenser and transferred to the next person.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got off the Dream, and as Christie mentioned; never an issue using the travel mugs, and at least twice a day someone would comment what a great idea it was to bring it.

Considering you are on a boat that is 70% children, refilling your travel mug in a soda machine is the least of the sanitary concerns... trust me...

On another note, we were just traveling my gf and I, and we would not do a Disney cruise again; WAY too many children (of course we expected many, but this seemed out of control). The adult only areas were crowded; we had to buy more conservative bikini's (you'd be surprised the stare downs we got from Mothers for wearing string bikini's; and from husbands who haven't seen someone wearing a bikini is a LONG time!) It was nice, but hardly relaxing. Crowds everywhere we went; Serenity Bay couldn't have been any further away from the ship. If you are an adult Disney fan you would enjoy it, but for two women, who like Disney but don't adore Disney, I'm questioning what we were thinking booking this cruise. Let's put it this way; if you have a Disney character tattoo (as MANY adults surprisingly did) you would enjoy it. Just way too crowded and congested for us. It was a beautiful ship and clearly had the Disney touch though!

I believe that on the Dream and Fantasy the drink stations have a button you push to fill the cup. The dispensers on the Magic and Wonder have a lever you push with your cup, hence the sanitary concerns. With the Dream and Fantasy, the cup never touches the dispenser so fewer concerns.

Correct, the Fantasy has the "push a button" to fill, the Magic and Wonder have the "press the container against the metal piece" type. Yes, you can fill your mug, but you are asked to do it by pouring from a clean cup rather than placing your mug against the dispenser. There is typically a nearby CM keeping an eye on things. There IS a soda stating at the end of the buffet line on the Magic and Wonder, as well as a juice dispenser. There is also a beverage station by the pool area (2 beverage stations on the Fantasy).

The easiest way to think of things is that if the beverage is "fountain service," it is included in the cruise fare. If it comes in a can (whether in MDR, from a server near the pool, or on Castaway or at a bar), you will be charged for it. The cost, including the mandatory 15% gratuity is almost $3 per can...so if you need something other than Coke products, you might want to bring it yourself!

Archived