Champagne!

Ceepot

Not only is it always available but--good news--they are offering several varieties onboard. We are on the 50 day around South America on Sojourn right now and are pleased with the addition of some very nice, (as they refer to them), nonrevenue ("free") champagnes. Champagne wishes to all and lucky you for having an upcoming Seabourn cruise!

Not only is it always available but--good news--they are offering several varieties onboard. We are on the 50 day around South America on Sojourn right now and are pleased with the addition of some very nice, (as they refer to them), nonrevenue ("free") champagnes. Champagne wishes to all and lucky you for having an upcoming Seabourn cruise!

Let us know what is on offer!

Oh no -- as much as you want whenever you want!!!

As long as you are willing to order it by the glass you can get as much as you want. Once you finish that first complimentary bottle, they will refuse to give a whole bottle no matter how many guests will be drinking with you. So if you want to have a little get together en suite with champagne expect to place a lot of calls to room service.

That has not been my experience. I order 6 glasses and receive an entire bottle with 6 empty glasses, not a tray of 6 "pre-filled" glasses. The steward opens the bottle and I advise him that I will take it from there.

You can also order champagne in lieu of one of your two bottles of liquor and your mini-fridge will be refilled per consumption as long as the empty bottles are available to exchange.

Very good news as Nicolas Feuillatte is far from my favourite champagne, and that was all that was offered on our previous Quest cruise. I did manage to make myself drink more than a few glasses over the week though ;)

All this resonant of the anti SS posts I encountered in 2006.. (OMG so long ago)

and we had an amzingly brilliant time..were there things I would change..yep

Why seabourn this time..

schedule..

going in with a positive attitude... you bet

so if the champagne is sub par.. i;ll drink something else

if the food is ordinary... i'll try different dining venues

if the service is ordinary, I'll ask for a different servers location..

if I'm not happy so much that it is spoiling my trip.. I'll talk to management with suggestions to improve..not just a grizzle

All this resonant of the anti SS posts I encountered in 2006.. (OMG so long ago)

and we had an amzingly brilliant time..were there things I would change..yep

Why seabourn this time..

schedule..

going in with a positive attitude... you bet

so if the champagne is sub par.. i;ll drink something else

if the food is ordinary... i'll try different dining venues

if the service is ordinary, I'll ask for a different servers location..

if I'm not happy so much that it is spoiling my trip.. I'll talk to management with suggestions to improve..not just a grizzle

... and with that attitude you are bound to enjoy yourself. And maybe even have a little giggle at some of the less-than-perfect moments without letting them spoil your overall experience.

We don't drink champagne so all these comments don't bother us. We started cruising on Seabourn about 15 years ago and have not gone on another cruise line since as we always had such a wonderful time. On our first Seabourn cruise on the Legend we became friendly with 3 American couples and we still keep in touch. We heard from one couple last week who had just returned from a Silverseas cruise and while they enjoyed it they said it wasn't as good as Seabourn. We love Seabourn because of the excellent service and the wonderful friends we have made not just with the guests onboard but from the long serving crew members.

Archived