Getting Ready for Splendor's Sailout!

MrPete

I did notice that the base of the tail is wider on the Splendor than the previous two classes of ships, if you look at it in comparison with the Conquest or something, the splendor has a wider base where it meets the top of the ship...

The Magic also has the wider base.

it looked to me the ship didn't go straight under the bridge, like it was steering more to the right than the usual straight under.

Why did I book a cruise in August and I'm watching the ships leave again already! grrrrrr... I want to go NOW! and than.:eek:

Yes - thanks for the Sail Away pics! I wish I was on her!

I missed her coming in too, but someone pointed me to this great video on YouTube ... really nice with the sunrise behind the skyline. Gave me goosebumps watching it.

Two months - can't wait!

Yes - thanks for the Sail Away pics! I wish I was on her!

I missed her coming in too, but someone pointed me to this great video on YouTube ... really nice with the sunrise behind the skyline. Gave me goosebumps watching it.

Two months - can't wait!

What a great find. Kudos to NJphotographer.

But what's the deal with that building blocking the good old ESB from that angle? SACRILEDGE!

Watched it on YouTube also. Just awesome! I was kind of afraid of the tale clunking on the VN Bridge too. It was SO CLOSE when we were on the Miracle and figured it would be CLOSER on the Splendor since she is bigger...but she did just fine! ;) Bon Voyage to those lucky cruisers and can't wait for our turn! :):):)

wow, people weren't kidding when they said it seems the ships aren't going to make it under the bridge!

I always warn PAX who are sailing out of Manhattan for the first time to DUCK when they go under the bridge!! :p;):D:rolleyes::eek:

Watched it on YouTube also. Just awesome! I was kind of afraid of the tale clunking on the VN Bridge too. It was SO CLOSE when we were on the Miracle and figured it would be CLOSER on the Splendor since she is bigger...but she did just fine! ;) Bon Voyage to those lucky cruisers and can't wait for our turn! :):):)

I don't know why the concern, she's the same site as the Glory.

Archived