Drunk or drunk

hockeypapa

:confused: WHY CAN YOU BRING A BOTTLE OF WINE ON BOARD PER ADULT BUT CAN NOT BRING A BOTTLE OF YOUR FAVORITE SPIRITS:p I KNOW THAT THE SHIPS WANT ALL THE MONEY THEY CAN GET BUT YOU CAN GET DRUNK ON EITHER ONE DOESN T SEEM FAIR:eek:

:confused: WHY CAN YOU BRING A BOTTLE OF WINE ON BOARD PER ADULT BUT CAN NOT BRING A BOTTLE OF YOUR FAVORITE SPIRITS:p I KNOW THAT THE SHIPS WANT ALL THE MONEY THEY CAN GET BUT YOU CAN GET DRUNK ON EITHER ONE DOESN T SEEM FAIR:eek:

I'm sure this has been asked before but what is with the yelling?

A bottle of whiskey will go a lot farther than a bottle of wine.....and STOP SCREAMING AT US! :)

A bottle of wine is like 3 glasses - a bottle of booze --- well it's a bit more. But I know what you mean. My husband would argue that a 6 pack of beer would be better than a bottle of wine.

WHY CAN YOU TYPE IN LOWER CASE WHEN ALL CAPS IS JUST AS EASY TO READ I KNOW THAT THE PEOPLE WHO DO THIS WANT TO GET RESPONESES BUT YOU CAN GET REPLIES ON EITHER ONE DOESN T SEEM FAIR

Not sure why they're picky about which booze comes aboard, all the lines do it though. Some more/less than others.

Less alcohol content in wine :confused: good point !

Not true. One 12 oz beer, one 5 oz glass of wine and 1 oz of liquor all have the same amount of alcohol. 1 beer, 1 glass wine, 1 mixed drink; all equivalant !!

Not true. One 12 oz beer, one 5 oz glass of wine and 1 oz of liquor all have the same amount of alcohol. 1 beer, 1 glass wine, 1 mixed drink; all equivalant !!

But the 5 Ounces of wine is all wine therefore by your argument it has 1/5th the alcohol content of liquor.

My impression on why restaurants as well as Carnival allow outside wine was because there are so many variations, vintages, etc, that they simply cannot provide everything to suit everyone.

I think it's easier to accommodate everyone's liquor preferences.

Excellent point, this makes the most sense to me.

I heard about one fellow who bought a giant size LISTERINE - emptied it, cleaned it, refilled with scotch and resealed.

my daughter told me one could bring wine. I'm not that much of a wine person but do like wine coolers. so my question would be can one bring wine coolers if you able to carry wine? If not why not?

How many bottle of wine do they allow you to bring onboard?

my daughter told me one could bring wine. I'm not that much of a wine person but do like wine coolers. so my question would be can one bring wine coolers if you able to carry wine? If not why not?

You can bring ONE bottle of wine 750 ml.

They might or might not allow you to bring more than one wine cooler, depends on the port, they enforce it how they want.

One wine cooler would not go far.

I'm also wondering about carry-on wine/champagne. We've been so looking forward to a glass of champagne in our cabin during sailaway, but I recently was put on a new medication and absolutely cannot drink any alcohol - not even a little bit. :eek: I found a company that sells truly non-alcoholic versions of wine, champagne, sangria, etc. Does anyone know if Carnival will let me bring this aboard? Size is the same as a regular bottle (750ml). :confused:

Thanks for your help!

Hi Greeneylady - We will be on the same cruise.

I don't know about the wine coolers, but I know that you can bring 1 750 ml bottle of wine or champagne per person who is at least 21 years old.

Is there a joke in this because apparently I'm missing the punch line?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you say so :rolleyes:

Are Beer and Wine Safer Than Liquor?

No. Alcohol is alcohol. It can cause you problems no matter how you consume it. One 12-ounce bottle of beer or a 5-ounce glass of wine (about a half cup) has as much alcohol as a 1.5-ounce shot of liquor.

The above came straight from the world wide web.......research it people !!! I learned this years ago. didn't believe it at first either

Are Beer and Wine Safer Than Liquor?

No. Alcohol is alcohol. It can cause you problems no matter how you consume it. One 12-ounce bottle of beer or a 5-ounce glass of wine (about a half cup) has as much alcohol as a 1.5-ounce shot of liquor.

The above came straight from the world wide web.......research it people !!! I learned this years ago. didn't believe it at first either

When discussing alcohol 'content' it is referred to in percentage of volume. There's a heck of a lot more alcohol in liquor than in wine and beer of the same volume. The poster you challenged was correct.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived