Fan ban on the Allure

This little gem comes with us on every sailing...

i-vFT4mmM-L.jpg

Having a small fan is important to us as well - it's been confiscated a couple of times on Carnival, though now at this point I just contact the HD ahead of time and they have a loaner for us:

i-xH56NV5-M.jpg

This is what we normally bring:

i-QPZvZJR-M.jpg

Oh, sorry... :o ...THIS is the one we normally take:

i-BkDj5Sh-M.jpg

Tom

This little gem comes with us on every sailing...

i-vFT4mmM-L.jpg

Having a small fan is important to us as well - it's been confiscated a couple of times on Carnival, though now at this point I just contact the HD ahead of time and they have a loaner for us:

i-xH56NV5-M.jpg

This is what we normally bring:

i-QPZvZJR-M.jpg

Oh, sorry... :o ...THIS is the one we normally take:

i-BkDj5Sh-M.jpg

Tom

Hilarious!!

We bring this one because it folds down nice a flat, and it weighs very little:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/O2-Cool-8-Battery-or-Electric-Portable-Fan/15992438

130370567_travelfan.jpg.53361ef881f5a77a6c92af42feaafc38.jpg

We were on Oasis in April, and one of the first things we did when speaking to our cabin attendant was ask for a fan, which he cheerfully produced. Saved me in terms of being able to sleep at night, and no I don't need it for the white noise. Or pink noise. Or orange noise. :p

• 3 weeks later...
is there a movement sensor?

so that when there is no movement, the A/C turns off?

that's true in some hotels...(most of the disney hotels for example).

i use a helium balloon in disney hotels to keep the A/C on..

it works.. :)

Best.idea.ever!

I have been on three cruises in the Med with RCI and I was prepared for the warmth at night because several posters to our boards said that they cut off the air at night. I try and get the cabin as cool as possible during the evening and then "tough it out" during the 3 and 4 am times. Good thing I'm an early riser!

I have been on three cruises in the Med with RCI and I was prepared for the warmth at night because several posters to our boards said that they cut off the air at night. I try and get the cabin as cool as possible during the evening and then "tough it out" during the 3 and 4 am times. Good thing I'm an early riser!

I think they cut the AC off in our cabin. It was about 3 to 4 when we would wake up tossing and turning. I would rather they cut it off during the day and give me cold at night. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I came across this post while looking for information on whether I can bring a fan or not. I've slept with a fan every single night for probably 6 years.

We were on Carnival a couple of years ago and brought a small fan. I can't remember where it was on their website but there was something that said it allowed fans (in so many words) and upon recommendation of a cruise critic member, I printed that and put it with the fan. The fan made it to our room. Too bad the one I bought (small, small, small) was useless so I wound up using a white noise app on my phone... which was only half useless.

I think I am going to email to the email address recommended on other replies, and ask for a fan to be safe!

P.S. I CANNOT believe that they turn off the A/C at night?! That's crazy. So many people need a constant, cool temperature to sleep.....

I have never, ever been on a RCCL cruise when the cabin's A/C has been remotely turned off. The cabin's A/C will shut off anytime you have your balcony door open, so if you leave it open at night to hear the waves...you will indeed get hot!

Archived